User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: What Sites Do You Regularly Visit?2747 days old

Last Online
    2019-06-12 @ 12:25

There are three sites I visit daily. I spend quite a bit of time on these sites, too.

Reddit -- I like everything about the site. How well it's moderated, the efficacy of their mod bots, and the frequency of quality discussion.

Bartleby -- It's unbelievable how expensive textbooks have gotten. I rely on Bartleby to access the assessment material in textbooks that are too expensive to purchase. Useful hack, if anyone's interested.

Academia -- This is more of a job requirement for me. Nonetheless, there's quite a bit of cutting-edge research work here. Big minus: the site monetizes all submissions, so there are ads embossed on PDFs here!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Molecular Biologist DracoSentien's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:26
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Cornwall England
    Phenotype
    Western U.K.
    Politics
    Tory
    Religion
    Anglican
    United States United Kingdom Scotland Canada Weed Flag New Zealand Australia

http://www.theregister.co.uk

www.b-ok.org

www.arstechnica.com

www.wired.com

www.theatlantic.com

I also, indirectly visit reuters and the associated press to download news to my eReader.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mainer View Post
    There are three sites I visit daily. I spend quite a bit of time on these sites, too.

Reddit -- I like everything about the site. How well it's moderated, the efficacy of their mod bots, and the frequency of quality discussion.

Bartleby -- It's unbelievable how expensive textbooks have gotten. I rely on Bartleby to access the assessment material in textbooks that are too expensive to purchase. Useful hack, if anyone's interested.

Academia -- This is more of a job requirement for me. Nonetheless, there's quite a bit of cutting-edge research work here. Big minus: the site monetizes all submissions, so there are ads embossed on PDFs here!
    I find myself on reddit and hackernews sometimes just through googling something.
    Last edited by DracoSentien; 2019-06-12 at 03:40.
    "I am inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa” because “all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours, whereas all the testing says, not really.” -- James Watson (founding father of modern genetics).

"Give me a lever long enough to stand on I can lift the world"--Archimedes (if you don't understand the not literal meaning of that comment then you are innumerate most likely)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DracoSentien For This Useful Post:

mainer (2019-06-12)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:01
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

Reddit
    Crunchyroll
    Amazon
    Barnes & Noble
    Various Forums
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

Molecular Biologist DracoSentien's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:26
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Cornwall England
    Phenotype
    Western U.K.
    Politics
    Tory
    Religion
    Anglican
    United States United Kingdom Scotland Canada Weed Flag New Zealand Australia

Quote Originally Posted by a_garcia49 View Post
    Reddit
    Crunchyroll
    Amazon
    Barnes & Noble
    Various Forums
    I read amazon.com for book reviews. I own a Barnes & Noble nook glowlight 3 eReader but I almost never visit the website because I pirate most of my ebooks here :

www.b-ok.org

Arggh, matey ! Thou shall render all your booty upon me before I stabeth thee with my pirate sword matey. Then with your arm cut off you'll be walking thee planks !

"I am inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa” because “all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours, whereas all the testing says, not really.” -- James Watson (founding father of modern genetics).

"Give me a lever long enough to stand on I can lift the world"--Archimedes (if you don't understand the not literal meaning of that comment then you are innumerate most likely)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Neanderthal
    Phenotype
    Archaic
    Politics
    Cros before hoes
    Religion
    Feet first into hell

I visited 4chan for years to take part in the trollings and raids on /b/, but then I started to read /pol/ during the US presidental election 2016 and that cost me my humanity.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:33

This is the only one I am currently active. There is another one in which I am only lurking right now (I closed my account there a few months ago). Before that I was also active in Skyscrapercity but then I left. People hate me there because no tengo pelos en la lengua. But that's another story. I was about leave this forum soon btw.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:33

Also YouTube and Instagram of course. Facebook more like once in a while and usually to upload stuff or just to check some of my relatives' profiles. I mean the ones that don't have one on IG. Facebook is mad boring these days.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13