User Tag List

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 547

Thread: Do West Africans Have Any Connections to Ancient Egypt?2650 days old

  1. #11
    Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-06-10
    Posts
    2,435
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inquisitive View Post
    Afrocentrists have always wore the Ancient Egypt sleeve with pride although they are descendents of West Africans. This leads me to ask if there are any possibilities of West Africans having any origins associated with the great civilization of Egypt.
    It depends on the ethnicity, I don't think all do. I would say the Kanuri, Baggara, and Kanembu found in parts of northeastern Nigeria probably have relatively recent Eastern/North Sudanese links and therefore distantly related to the Ancient Egyptians.
    Last edited by Bandar Qasim; 2012-03-15 at 00:42.

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bandar Qasim For This Useful Post:

    Armor King (2012-03-17), ayigbe (2012-06-07), beyoku (2012-03-15), Doctoris Scientia (2012-03-15), Esekon Kimatt (2012-03-16), jibarodepr (2012-03-15), Mister G (2012-03-15), pgbk87 (2012-03-15), YeahISaidIt (2012-03-17)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #12
    Established Member
    Junior Member Pulaar's Avatar
    Last Online
    2013-09-09 @ 13:09
    Join Date
    2012-02-08
    Posts
    914
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Negrid
    Metaethnos
    Fulani/Mbundu
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican/Antiguan
    United States Jamaica Antigua & Barbuda Guinea-Bissau Angola

    Default

    Ancient Egypt has been subject to invasions all throughout its history and this changed the face of Egypt over time. This is why the race of the Egyptians is so confusing. Later in its history Egypt began to change phenotypically and became a mixture. Same goes for America...If someone were to study America 10,000 years later and tried to figure out the race of Americans it would be very confusing. But we know who the original Americans were Native Indians and for Egypt Native Africans.

    Example:

    King Narmer First Egyptian Pharaoh- Old Kingdom



    Senwosret I- Middle Kingdom



    Queen Tiye- New Kingdom



    Cleopatra- Greco-Roman Period
    Last edited by Pulaar; 2012-03-15 at 02:09.

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pulaar For This Useful Post:

    AMICHAI (2012-11-01), Armor King (2012-03-17), Esekon Kimatt (2012-03-16), Ramiz (2012-03-16), YeahISaidIt (2012-03-17)

  6. #13
    Established Member
    Usuario
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-07-07
    Posts
    20,837
    Gender

    Default

    Everyone should know Egyptians are very related to both Nilotes and east Africans, you can find East Africans who resemble Ancient Egyptians.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 22:12 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by upyours View Post
    So,they were probably Slick Willy/Wadaad-oid?
    Yup.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jibarodepr For This Useful Post:

    pgbk87 (2012-03-15), upyours (2012-03-15)

  8. #14
    Established Member
    Junior Member Heladageniskogen's Avatar
    Last Online
    2014-02-07 @ 17:41
    Join Date
    2011-09-21
    Posts
    249
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H23
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Norwegian
    Politics
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Science
    Sweden Norway Germany Austria Netherlands

    Default

    Why can't some people just accept ancient Egyptians looked and where like modern Egyptians? Its not like the population has changed alot (atleast not physically ) since then because there is no evidence for any big invasion whatsoever that changed the genetic structure (no, the Arab invasion did not contribute very much to their genetic makeup) of the country.

    This is the eternal facts.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heladageniskogen For This Useful Post:

    hyllus (2012-03-15)

  10. #15
    Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-06-10
    Posts
    2,435
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jibarodepr View Post
    Everyone should know Egyptians are very related to both Nilotes and east Africans, you can find East Africans who resemble Ancient Egyptians.
    East Africans (Nubians) were the enemies of Ancient Egypt though. They despised each other.

  11. #16
    Established Member
    Usuario
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-07-07
    Posts
    20,837
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandar Qasim View Post
    East Africans (Nubians) were the enemies of Ancient Egypt though. They despised each other.
    Like East Africans fight each other.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 22:29 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Heladageniskogen View Post
    Why can't some people just accept ancient Egyptians looked and where like modern Egyptians? Its not like the population has changed alot (atleast not physically ) since then because there is no evidence for any big invasion whatsoever that changed the genetic structure (no, the Arab invasion did not contribute very much to their genetic makeup) of the country.

    This is the eternal facts.
    Because Modern Egyptians have Arab blood form the colonizers, Ancient Egyptians were different.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jibarodepr For This Useful Post:

    Bandar Qasim (2012-03-15), Esekon Kimatt (2012-03-16)

  13. #17
    Established Member
    Junior Member Heladageniskogen's Avatar
    Last Online
    2014-02-07 @ 17:41
    Join Date
    2011-09-21
    Posts
    249
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H23
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Norwegian
    Politics
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Science
    Sweden Norway Germany Austria Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jibarodepr View Post
    Because Modern Egyptians have Arab blood form the colonizers, Ancient Egyptians were different.
    Uhm they don't, the Arabs where a small ruling class that did not affect the population outside the Arabian Peninsula very much when they spread the Arabic language, culture and Islam.

    Read and put the East, West, South, Central Afrocentrism away please.
    http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wor...are-egyptians/
    (btw "African" does not mean "Negro" or "100% pure African blood, black power!!").

    I would say their "Arab" genetics is close to zero (because more or less all of the "Middle East" of their genetic makeup should be from Neolithic peoples), in any case they where not different back then from what they are today even if they have like 5-10% Arab y-DNA or whatever.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heladageniskogen For This Useful Post:

    Azerwal (2012-05-21), EliasAlucard (2012-03-17), hyllus (2012-04-08)

  15. #18
    Established Member
    Companion to The Doctor ari87's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-06-04
    Posts
    723
    Location
    'Murica
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Y-DNA
    E1b1a8a1*
    mtDNA
    L2c, L2a1a1
    Religion
    Chelsea FC
    United States Virgin Islands Bahamas Barbados St Kitts & Nevis Antigua & Barbuda

    Default

    The only way this thread will not go down the drain (though not likely since it's about Ancient Egyptians) is if people can stick to whether or not West Africans have any ties to Egypt (specifically ethnicities that claim Nile Valley origin, for example) as the OP asked ...not "were the Ancient Egyptians West Africans?" Then everyone will come in talking about Afrocentrists and whitewashing and yada yada yada.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ari87 For This Useful Post:

    windmill (2012-03-15), YeahISaidIt (2012-03-17)

  17. #19
    Established Member
    Usuario
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-07-07
    Posts
    20,837
    Gender

    Default

    West Africans have no connection to egypt, no new world black can claim queen nefertiti heritage.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 23:09 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Heladageniskogen View Post
    Uhm they don't, the Arabs where a small ruling class that did not affect the population outside the Arabian Peninsula very much when they spread the Arabic language, culture and Islam.

    Read and put the East, West, South, Central Afrocentrism away please.
    http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wor...are-egyptians/
    (btw "African" does not mean "Negro" or "100% pure African blood, black power!!").

    I would say their "Arab" genetics is close to zero (because more or less all of the "Middle East" of their genetic makeup should be from Neolithic peoples), in any case they where not different back then from what they are today even if they have like 5-10% Arab y-DNA or whatever.
    Mathilda.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to jibarodepr For This Useful Post:

    pgbk87 (2012-03-15)

  19. #20
    Established Member
    Junior Member Pulaar's Avatar
    Last Online
    2013-09-09 @ 13:09
    Join Date
    2012-02-08
    Posts
    914
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Negrid
    Metaethnos
    Fulani/Mbundu
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican/Antiguan
    United States Jamaica Antigua & Barbuda Guinea-Bissau Angola

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jibarodepr View Post
    West Africans have no connection to egypt, no new world black can claim queen nefertiti heritage.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 23:09 ----------

    Mathilda.
    I think thats a pretty dogmatic claim...I agree with the nefertiti part but there is some evidence to support that some West African populations orginated in the East (Egypt, Nubia, Ethiopia region). The Yourba in my opinion have one of the strongest claims. Many new World blacks come from the Yoruba so I wouldnt rule it out at all. You might be one of them lol

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pulaar For This Useful Post:

    Armor King (2012-03-17), searching (2012-12-16)

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 2018-01-15, 10:53
  2. Can you distinguish East Africans from West Africans?
    By rapunzels tower in forum Africa
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 2012-06-09, 03:35
  3. Ancient Egypt VS Mesopotamia
    By Sanjub_Saraswati in forum Archaeological sub-disciplines
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 2012-04-30, 15:23
  4. East Africans VS West Africans - SPORTS
    By tweetness in forum Africa
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2011-11-17, 18:11
  5. DNA of ancient Egypt
    By jibarodepr in forum Africa
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2010-08-18, 17:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<