Phenotype
    Assyroid
    Politics
    Imperialism
    Religion
    Mesopotamian religion
    Assyria

Quote Originally Posted by Decimator View Post
    I agree with your point, and the good intentions of your rule. But honestly I think it's backfiring. Let's take a look.

The first dude I remember that was suspended for something like this was sturmgewehr. He speculated about bleck's identity. But then again it turned out it was indeed a sockpuppet. Same here, 3 members speculated about Osiris and it turned out to be true.

The result? 4 innocent members punished together with the trolls, even if less so.

I see it this way: if someone really wants to remain anonymous and not troll, he'd be more caution. Sundiata has a very peculiar style of insulting and writing (Bantu boy, recessive cracker, wetback messican, sand nigger, eurocentrist fag, etc etc. ) I don't think he actually wanted to stay anonymous rehashing the same old bullshit he uses in his debates on all forums.

So basically, if someone really wanted to remain anonymous for whatever reasons, he's most likely to be a civilized and calm member, unlike obvious trolls.

By the way, in case you don't know, Sundiata is online right now under another older sockpuppet. PM me if you want to know the username, you know, so I won't get supended by saying it in public.
    It's not backfiring. I understand your concern. You're of the opinion that if someone was right about a sockpuppet account, I should let him off the hook.

But that's not how this rule works. Two things this rule doesn't do:

1) Protect sockpuppets (if that really was the case, Kid From Timbuktu, Osiris and Venom wouldn't be banned).

2) Differentiate between actual sockpuppet accounts that are accused of being sockpuppets or innocent members that are accused of being sockpuppets.

The primary purpose with this rule is to protect the privacy of members by reprimanding those members who speculate about other members' identities; the most common identity speculation is of course forum accounts; very few members here know actual IRL identity information about other members, so that's why we don't see that often someone post real names and home addresses. You might think it's more serious if someone posts real names about other members, but the principle is basically the same.

It's just not okay to do this, speculate i.e., about someone being someone else. You shouldn't do this publicly. You are allowed to discuss it with me in private if you have any suspicion a member might be trolling with other accounts, but when you decide to post on the forum for others to read, "this account is actually that account", you're really not respecting the privacy of said member. And it's a principle that you should respect the privacy of other members, even if it's something as innoccuous as another forum account.

Many of these speculations are often false alerts, and they can damage the reputation and credibility of a member if other members start believing it.

I don't want to see any speculation about some member being another member. It's not relevant to the topic and it might be breach of privacy and if so you could say it's harassment.

//admin
    “Susa, the great holy city, abode of their gods, seat of their mysteries, I conquered. I entered its palaces, I opened their treasuries where silver and gold, goods and wealth were amassed... I destroyed the ziggurat of Susa. I smashed its shining copper horns. I reduced the temples of Elam to naught; their gods and goddesses I scattered to the winds. The tombs of their ancient and recent kings I devastated, I exposed to the sun, and I carried away their bones toward the land of Ashur. I devastated the provinces of Elam and on their lands I sowed salt.” — Aššur-bāni-apli, Fall of Elam

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Berid
    Metaethnos
    Criollo
    Ethnicity
    White Puerto Rican
    Politics
    Nativist populism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Puerto Rico Dominican Republic Italy

Guys, what's the big deal? It's not like we're not allowed to report sockpuppets, we still report it to the admin. The rule is gay, but there's no need to get your panties in a bunch over it. Just PM an admin.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2