Kurdistan Turkey

Bender Rodriguez

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12

I don't really notice a difference among those tested in the island. A lot from there score 10%, 12% and 15% amerindian just like the ones from here and many are from the capital and other parts. Unless you're talking about the study done by the National Geographic? I remember the average native for Distrito Nacional in that one was 6%-7%. That's the same average for the Dominican Americans last time I checked.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by El Andullero View Post
    It seems to me, as far as the Dominican case goes, is that what has happened is an "Amerindian flight" instead of a white or black one, since a great chunk of tested Domi Americans that I have seen on both 23andMe and Ancestry are more or less on the Rican range.
    Interesting, those are from El Cibao right? Majority of the Dominican immigrant population in the USA are from that area. Are those who score similar to Puerto Ricans coming from rural areas? if that is the case then you should be right, especially since now a days, people migrate to nearby towns/cities which slowly changes a bit of the demographics, and even more if the native population is having fewer children or if the native population are majority an older population compared to those Dominicans who are probably much younger who move to those areas either for work or because it might have a lower crime rate, thus a better community to raise children etc

In the case of Mexico, I see no major changes and that is because of the large population that the country already has, it is really hard for a country to change its demographics when the population is already large

But the only areas I can think of a major drastic change are border cities like Tijuana, about 70% of the population of Tijuana has origins in other parts of Mexico and about 17% were born in another country. Most of the Mexican migrant population from TJ are from Sinaloa, Jalisco and Michoacan. The native population of TJ are definitely a minority already. Not to mention the arrival of Haitians and Africans, I think Tijuana will become a triracial city one day.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

I wouldn't say the vast majority here is from the Cibao. It's more like half with a slight prominence (something like 55% or so). The rest is people from the capital and then a split between southerners and easterners. That's been my experience.

Francomacorisanos is the third largest group here after Capitaleños and Santiagueros. They dominate the whole blocks along Saint Nicholas in Washington Height from what I've seen. Along Broadway and Wadsworth between 181st. and 170th is full of people from Santiago. Dyckmann has a lot of central cibaeños too. A lot of them are first generation btw.

I think people from Santo Domingo alone must be like 30% overall at least in NYC. I'm starting to think they are already the majority in the Bronx already. That guy killed on Belmont for example, Junior Guzman, his mother is a capitaleña and the dad from Monte Plata.

This is NYC of course. In Massachusetts is supposedly the sureños that dominate. I've never been there though. I've only been in Providence and over there I saw more capitaleños than anything else. New Jersey is cibaeño territory indeed except for maybe Paterson that is more diverse.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    I wouldn't say the vast majority here is from the Cibao. It's more like half with a slight prominence (something like 55% or so). The rest is people from the capital and then a split between southerners and easterners. That's been my experience.

Francomacorisanos is the third largest group here after Capitaleños and Santiagueros. They dominate the whole blocks along Saint Nicholas in Washington Height from what I've seen. Along Broadway and Wadsworth between 181st. and 170th is full of people from Santiago. Dyckmann has a lot of central cibaeños too. A lot of them are first generation btw.

I think people from Santo Domingo alone must be like 30% overall at least in NYC. I'm starting to think they are already the majority in the Bronx already. That guy killed on Belmont for example, Junior Guzman, his mother is a capitaleña and the dad from Monte Plata.

This is NYC of course. In Massachusetts is supposedly the sureños that dominate. I've never been there though. I've only been in Providence and over there I saw more capitaleños than anything else. New Jersey is cibaeño territory indeed except for maybe Paterson that is more diverse.
    Well who knows, because on AncestryDNA, over 70% of their costumers had roots in El Cibao
    The same applies to 23andMe which majority of the Dominican population has roots in El Cibao

This is where most Dominicans on AncestryDNA had roots in

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

Daven (Today)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by El Andullero View Post
    That too, but I was remarking about how the diaspora (at least the one in the USA anyway) seems to have a higher Amerindian count than the people down here, including more than yours truly. From some acquaintances and even family that I have got tested, it seems that during the 60's and 70's a lot of folks with high Amerindian counts left the island, including the now semi-famous Jorge Estevez (from Esperanza, Mao) as well as 3/4's of Baitoa, Sajoma and Sabana Iglesia.
    It's weird because Sajoma came out like 7% native in the study I mentioned if I recall well while the people I've seen from Baitoa and Sabana Iglesia would score between 7%-15% amerindian which is not extreme for a Dominican. But I believe you because those that first left hailed from the more rural parts of those municipalities while these samples were taken from the "pueblo cabecera" which are probably less insolated?

3/4 of the population left is a lot. In my mom's campo it also feels like everyone is leaving. I wonder if it's gonna stop soon. I'm not looking this trend.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    Well who knows, because on AncestryDNA, over 70% of their costumers had roots in El Cibao
    The same applies to 23andMe which majority of the Dominican population has roots in El Cibao

This is where most Dominicans on AncestryDNA had roots in
    A lot of these are second generation Dominican Americans which parents will be indeed from the Cibao.

Another trend is that a lot of capitaleños here have parents from the Cibao. Sometimes both parents, sometimes one.

I am very used to ask people where their peeps are from, etc. In the case of the capitaleños, half of the times they will tell me one of their parents is a northern Dominican. Sometimes is both.

Aldo take in consideration the Cibao has been the main source of population in the DR through its history. At one point it was more populared than all the regions combined including Santo Domingo. Santiago province alone was even more populated than the whole East back in the early 90s.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

I am starting to think that some parts of Pennsylvania seem to be dominated by sureños as well. I know at least four different families from Ocoa that are unrelated and they all live in the same town. They all seem to be over 70% Euro with two of them looking around 60%. Ocoa pretty much reminds of Santiago minus the urban part.

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94