Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1040

Thread: Hispanics/Latinos2625 days old

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-07-16 @ 23:31

Here another pdf document.
    Caracterización de las Regiones.

Andino region has 34 million people. Colombia overall 45 million. Pacific region only about 3% of the total according to it.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    Not true, there has been DNA studies and the only area of the interior part of Colombia that are truly mestizos is the Santander area of the Andes region of Colombia, which they ended up scoring 5% SSA

the rest of the region you are speaking about scored between 7-14% SSA

Interior part doesn't always mean mestizo to begin with, only certain areas of Colombia are truly mestizo

Keep in mind that the most populated departments of the Andina region of Colombia in this study, have lower sample size

Paisa region is not even more populated LOL
    the interior part also has certain regions that is considered Caribbean, departments that are also known for their triracial population and indomestizo. The region is not based off of where mestizos live lol it includes areas that are highly SSA as well and highly Amerindian
    https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regi%C...ina_(Colombia)

Look at their department list

Average came out to be 43% European - 34% Amerindian - 22% African

they are balance triracials on average
    Panama is more zambos with minor European
    I just took a look at these graphics more detenidamente and you are actually proving my point. Andean region still looks pretty much mestizo according to this LMAO. It also shows what I always suspected about Colombians mestizos, that they seem to be more euro than amerindian, and with a higher SSA contribution compared to other Latin Americans. It's been my impression even before ever looking at their DNA studies.

And out of the 5 Andino sub-regions tested, only Valle del Cauca scored high SSA at 14%. It makes sense because that's where Cali is located and that city has a large black population. It's where most black Colombians from the Pacific migrate. Valle del Cauca has a coastal part like I already mentioned as well but the department is mostly andean both demographically and culturally speaking.

The rest of the sub-regions only scored 5%-8% SSA. That's not a lot LMAO. Isn't México 4%-5% SSA on average? Because I don't think 8% is that far from 5%. Just saying (I am not attacking you, btw, we're just having a sane genetic discussion).

Interesting how also the eastern part of the Andean region is more amerindian than most of the western part but still a bit more euro than native. That's something I always suspected too. Paisa region is almost hitting the castizo range according to this (67% European).

Oricanía is kinda new to me but the first thing I thought about their demographics is that the region was a bit more SSA than the Andean interior but way less SSA than Caribbean. In other words, mestizoid-leaning. Seems like I was right about that too. Very interesting.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    Here are the results for their last census. Andino region represents over 70% of Colombia. There is an infograma that you can see if you scroll down enough.
    https://sitios.dane.gov.co/cnpv-presentacion/src/

Your graphic is wrong. No way Amazonía is more populated than Oricanía. Amazonía is mostly jungle. Oricanía are the great plains that colide with Venezuela. They are probably using a different definition and that is why.

Valle del Cauca departament, for example, is only considered Pacific region along its coast while the interior is all andino and that's were most of its population is located including Cali which is a really big city.

Pacific region does not even have big cities aside of Buenaventura which has less than half a million btw.
    Cali is considered pacific LOL
    the reason the high Andino population is because it has departments that are Pacific
    so my graph is correct, this is why Valle del Cauca came out as triracial in their DNA study

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American

I just took a look at these graphics more detenidamente and you are actually proving my point. Andean region still looks pretty much mestizo according to this LMAO. It also shows what I always suspected about Colombians mestizos, that they seem to be more euro than amerindian, and with a higher SSA contribution compared to other Latin Americans. It's been my impression even before ever looking at their DNA studies.

And out of the 5 Andino sub-regions tested, only Valle del Cauca scored high SSA at 14%. It makes sense because that's where Cali is located and that city has a large black population. It's where most black Colombians from the Pacific migrate. Valle del Cauca has a coastal part like I already mentioned as well but the department is mostly andean both demographically and culturally speaking.
    All of them scored between 7-14%, only one area ended up scoring 5%, not one area scored less than that

Central-West still has a lot of triracials as you can see in this graph

The rest of the sub-regions only scored 5%-8% SSA. That's not a lot LMAO. Isn't México 4%-5% SSA on average? Because I don't think 8% is that far from 5%. Just saying (I am not attacking you, btw, we're just having a sane genetic discussion).
    It's funny you bring that up, the reason Mexico is between 4-5% is because all studies done in Mexico only test Southern Mexico and Mexico City which we all know there are many Mexicans in Southern Mexico with high levels of SSA

So according to you, we should only take into account the most populated regions, therefore Mexico's SSA is only 2% and 60% European, with the remaining Amerindian

So there is no way Colombia will be on average 8% SSA when they have a lot of triracials and SSA populations, only an idiot (no offense to you) will think there would be a 4% or less % difference between Mexico and Colombia what a good joke bro

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

Oh wow, you called me an idiot How disrespectful. It's not even that serious LMAO. We can agree to disagree by having a healthy conversation.

pd. Of course Colombia isn't just 8% SSA. I never implied such thing. The country is probably 12%-15% SSA on average if anything but no more than that IMO. When I made the México and Colombia comparison I was doing it with their mestizos. Sure that the ones from Colombia score a bit more SSA and no questions asked.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

Cali seems mostly mestizo with a high black population. In fact every single Colombian I have met that tells me is from there looks straight up euro/native. I imagine there are triracials in Cali too like in most Colombians urbes but I don't think they are the majority.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American

Oh wow, you called me an idiot How disrespectful. It's not even that serious LMAO. We can agree to disagree by having a healthy conversation.

pd. Of course Colombia isn't just 8% SSA. I never implied such thing. The country is probably 12%-15% SSA on average if anything but no more than that IMO. When I made the México and Colombia comparison I was doing it with their mestizos. Sure that the ones from Colombia score a bit more SSA and no questions asked.
    Im sorry, I love you bro, no homo
    I have a short temper

I am not going to argue anymore
    a_garcia already pissed me off on another thread and I body shamed him by saying he has rolls on the side

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist BlessedbyHorus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 15:43
    Ethnicity
    Nigger/Abeed
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States Haiti Dominican Republic

@El Andullero @Daven @saru21

Just got back from you guys BEAUTIFUL country. Had an INCREDIBLE TIME. Cant lie a nigga was tearing up when I had to leave...
    Last edited by BlessedbyHorus; 2019-06-19 at 01:35.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlessedbyHorus For This Useful Post:

Daven (2019-06-19), El Andullero (2019-06-19), saru21 (2019-06-19), Shaquille (2019-06-19)

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedbyHorus View Post
    @El Andullero @Daven @saru21

Just got back from you guys BEAUTIFUL country. Had an INCREDIBLE TIME. Cant lie a nigga was tearing up when I had to leave...
    Take your time and tell us about the experience, pls. Inquiring minds want to know.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

BlessedbyHorus (2019-06-19), saru21 (2019-06-19)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist BlessedbyHorus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 15:43
    Ethnicity
    Nigger/Abeed
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States Haiti Dominican Republic

Quote Originally Posted by El Andullero View Post
    Take your time and tell us about the experience, pls. Inquiring minds want to know.
    I'll be sure to update you guys. But I'll say this as a dark skinned fellow who is part Haitian I never received any discrimination. The locals were general friendly and warm whether they were Dominican or non-Dominican.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlessedbyHorus For This Useful Post:

Daven (2019-06-20), El Andullero (2019-06-19), saru21 (2019-06-20), Shaquille (2019-06-19)

Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 LastLast