2013-10-27 @ 11:13
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    Viking
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Sweden Denmark

Thanks. G2a - interesting. That one is rare in scandinavia. G2a could be native to Bavaria/austria area or it really is a germanic haplogroup..."The concentration of G falls below this average in Scandinavia, the westernmost former Soviet republics and Poland, as well as in Iceland and the British Isles."...probably not. This is offtopic tho. I suspect much of the r1b in todays Sweden to have German origins, both recent and old.

You seem to be very anti-germanic EastPole. How come?
    Last edited by blue3000; 2012-05-15 at 20:29.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    R1a-Z283
    mtDNA
    H8c
    Turkey Hungary

You should take these Polish people with a grain of salt, OP. According to 2 of the admins at R1a & sublades (FTDNA), R1a-Z283 originated in Poland as well...

Established Member
    Your Friend
    Last Online
    @
    R1a-Z282
    mtDNA
    H7
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Phenotype
    Barbarian
    Religion
    Crop Circles
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by mr. john View Post
    You should take these Polish people with a grain of salt, OP. According to 2 of the admins at R1a & sublades (FTDNA), R1a-Z283 originated in Poland as well...
    You gotta admit though, the case for Poland is looking very strong based on current data.

Really, I can't see L1209 coming from anywhere but Poland. Otherwise it's strange that the data is what it is.

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    It's really looking like a population rich in R1a-M458 has been native to modern Poland since at least the late Neolithic. Indeed, it's probably not a coincidence that modern Poles share most alleles with the Gotland hunter-gatherers from 5000 years ago, since they were just across the sea.
    If that's so then R-M17* is not the proto-Indo-European marker. You can't have R1a-M458+ in Poland in the Neolithic (and earlier than the Neolithic) when it probably didn't exist in the PIE urheimat around 2,500 BC to 4,500 BC (R-M458* is most likely not older than the late proto-Indo-European period if it is mostly found in Slavic speakers today). It all has to fit, and with your suggested scenario, it doesn't fit with PIE.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2012-05-16 at 09:07.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Last Online
    2012-08-18 @ 23:08
    R1a1a L1029+L260-
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Old Bulgarian
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Bulgaria

You gotta admit though, the case for Poland is looking very strong based on current data.

Really, I can't see L1209 coming from anywhere but Poland. Otherwise it's strange that the data is what it is.
    Well, here I am: Subgroup: 4. C2. Z283+ M458+ L1029+ L260- Central European (Type "N" / "CE") and my origin is from Belomorska (Egean) Macedonia. As far as I know my ancestors were priests in Macedonia. I can hardly imagine that their origins were from Poland but, of course, I don't know and anything is possible until proven otherwise.. You can look up my genotype in more detail at Family Tree DNA under N75772.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2016-07-19 @ 01:33
    R-FG1247
    mtDNA
    H1c9a

Quote Originally Posted by Makedonski Pop View Post
    Well, here I am: Subgroup: 4. C2. Z283+ M458+ L1029+ L260- Central European (Type "N" / "CE") and my origin is from Belomorska (Egean) Macedonia. As far as I know my ancestors were priests in Macedonia. I can hardly imagine that their origins were from Poland but, of course, I don't know and anything is possible until proven otherwise.. You can look up my genotype in more detail at Family Tree DNA under N75772.
    Welcome to the club. I am the same as you. When I first tested for my y dna, I never expected it would turn out as is. I am no expert on Macedonia, or the Balkans, but I have been reading voraciously since I learned of my y dna. if I am not mistaken, didn't a number of Slavs move into the Byzantine empire and settle there in the early Middle Ages?

Last Online
    2012-08-18 @ 23:08
    R1a1a L1029+L260-
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Old Bulgarian
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by muso View Post
    Welcome to the club. I am the same as you. When I first tested for my y dna, I never expected it would turn out as is. I am no expert on Macedonia, or the Balkans, but I have been reading voraciously since I learned of my y dna. if I am not mistaken, didn't a number of Slavs move into the Byzantine empire and settle there in the early Middle Ages?

I am not a historian or expert on Macedonia neither but I have read that there is no historic or archeologic evedence to support the idea that Balkan Slavs came from the North. The post from EastPole on this forum makes that point quite well:

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sho...t=26496&page=3

Even the term "Slavs" is a new invention dating back to the eighteen century. Earlier historians spoke of "Slovenes" but not earlier than 5th century AC. Before that there were the Thracians who according to the "father of history" Herodotos: "Thracians are, along with Indians, the most populous people on the face of the Earth." It is very hard to believe that these people somehow disappeared. Many scholars today think that contemporary Slavs emanate from the Thracians. In my opinion, this idea could help explain some of today's genealogic data.

Last Online
    2013-12-08 @ 10:25
    T- L446 (T1a2b)
    mtDNA
    H23*
    Race
    Europoid
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    Aussie
    Ethnicity
    Venet
    Phenotype
    Norici ~50BC
    Politics
    Centralism
    Religion
    Secularism
    Australia Italy Venice Italy Austria Slovenia Carantania Finland

I thought it best to update with this thread instead of the west-slavic thread.

In regards to how the russian name L1029+ , they call it R1a-Antes
    The antes are southern Polish tribe near the carpathian mountains. So yes it is a marker from southern Poland.

What i do not understand though is that the Antes where first mentioned in 518AD and are said to initially be the Avars.
    If this is correct, then how old is L1029 and since it has always been in southern poland, then the avars or Antes did not bring it there but inherited the marker.
    Are the russians correct?
    PF=(37% Basque, French, Orcadian, Spanish) (63% Tuscan)
    Dodecad=N_Italian 7.20, O_Italian 10.29, North_Italian 10.61, Tuscan 12.12
    Euro K13=North Euro 39%, Med 34%, Caucasus 11%, West Central Asia 8%,
    MDLP=Paleo_Euro 29%, Celto-Germanic 21%, East Euro 14%, Caucasian 13%
    MDLP22=North Italian 1.73, Bulgarian 6.42, Romanian 7.47, Swiss 7.47

Established Member
    Your Friend
    Last Online
    @
    R1a-Z282
    mtDNA
    H7
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Phenotype
    Barbarian
    Religion
    Crop Circles
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkar View Post

The antes are southern Polish tribe near the carpathian mountains. So yes it is a marker from southern Poland.

What i do not understand though is that the Antes where first mentioned in 518AD and are said to initially be the Avars.
    If this is correct, then how old is L1029 and since it has always been in southern poland, then the avars or Antes did not bring it there but inherited the marker.
    The name doesn't mean much. It's just for fun.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Polako For This Useful Post:

Otto Prohaska (2013-01-04)

Established Member
    Rare Collector's Item Otto Prohaska's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    R1a-L1029
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Race
    Europid
    Politics
    Anarcho-Monarchist
    Austria Habsburg

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkar View Post

The name doesn't mean much. It's just for fun.
    Not only that, but it's not "the Russians" who use that name, it's the guy who runs Semargl.me who uses that term. Furthermore, he uses it for all of M458(xL260), not just for L1029.
    Last edited by Otto Prohaska; 2013-01-04 at 12:23.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast