R1a-L1029
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Race
    Europid
    Politics
    Anarcho-Monarchist
    Austria Habsburg

Exactly. There are only a handful of samples so far, but they do seem concentrated in Yorkshire.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Evil Not White Enough Man Red Rover's Avatar
    Last Online
    2016-04-12 @ 01:37
    R-L1029
    mtDNA
    V9a2
    Metaethnos
    North American
    Ethnicity
    USAmerican
    United States England Ireland Wales Poland Croatia

Update tested positive for L1029. Podcarpackie region of Poland.

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by muso View Post
    L1029 is a branch of M458, part of the R1a haplogroup. M458 is estimated to be about 5000 years old. Its origins are disputed. Some say from east central Europe, some say eastern Europe. Places such as the Ukraine, Belarus and SE Poland have been suggested. It is associated with IE languages. Branches like L1029 are about 2000 or so years old and is associated with the Slavic expansion during the Migratory period. Regarding distribution, Michał Milewski shared this information with me last year:

As for the current size of the L1029 and L260 populations in Central Europe, I would very roughly estimate them to include about 4.5 and 5 million males, respectively, while when including people from Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, these numbers are likely to increase to about 14 and 7.5 million males, respectively.

There has been a good deal of branch and subbranch development over the past few years. The BigY and FGC tests have focused on deep y-dna SNPs. This panel test will allow individuals who are M458 to determine where they set along the branch. The cost is very reasonable. Of course, there more who are placed on the branch, the more that is learned about the men who spread it.
    Interesting information, I had forgotten about this thread but this reminds me, I have a new wiki entry to work on. Any new updates on L1029 though?
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Last Online
    2017-11-12 @ 00:26
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z283
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Dinarid
    Metaethnos
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Phenotype
    Atlantid-Mediterranid
    GEDmatch
    M635564
    Albania Kosovo Greece Macedonia United States Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Interesting information, I had forgotten about this thread but this reminds me, I have a new wiki entry to work on. Any new updates on L1029 though?
    I am currently testing with Yelite FGC at the moment. I'm batched with 7112 if I recall, which is currently under sequencing. When I first tested was with 23andme, which had me as R-M417. I later tested with LivingDNA which grouped me as R1a-Z283. They emailed me a list of principle branches tested under Z283, all of which I tested negative. A gentlemen from Wales is in a similar situation where he is Z283 positive and negative downstream. While waiting, I did ancestrydna, and uploaded the raw data to wegene whixh presicted me to be L1029. I know ancestrydna conversions should be taken with a grain of salt, but I find it interesting considering I am negative for L1029 at living DNA. When I asked others on forums like anthrogenica, I was advised that if you belong to a rare branch that isn't discovered, that LivingDNA will declare you negative for a subclade you may be positive. Is this true? It makes the whole reliability of these tests questionable. LovingDNA backtracked my mtdna to H from 23andme H11a prediction. Then ancestry conversion file predicted I was H7a1b which seems common in Scandinavians. It makes everything very foggy and confusing. Currently though, they do test 18 major branches under Z283, all of which I am negative on LivingDNA. I suppose Yelite will clarify this. I will then upload to yfull. Currently ordered a y37 to participate in R1a project and interface my Yelite results on Ftdna.

A little background on me though. I am Albanian, with origins from Okshtuni Vogel in Diber Albania. It is an isolated part of Okshtun where we trace our origin at very least 400 years. On the oral history side of things, we claim descent from a clan of Pershpalaj who descended from Mirdita. Through campaigns with the Ottomans and conversion to Islam, the name was changed to Koci. It's unclear whether the name change happened earlier than our migration to Diber or after. If the connection to Pershpalaj is a paternal one, the oral history of Orosh, Mirdita claim that the Pershpalaj clan are descend from a Condottieri named Paul(Pal in Albanian) who was hired from Italy by Skanderbeg to fight the ottomans. If this is true and we are descended of a Condottieri, I imagine I will have some matches in Italy?

The alternate possibility is a connection to the ArvanitoVlacho Greek clan Koci who were from Epirus that moved north and to Arbanas in bulgaria where the descendant Vasil of a Nikola Koci became prince of Moldavia. Named Vasil Lupu Coci in the Moldovan dialect.

I do match some Polocosor in Moldova who claim descent from a ruler who married Vasils daughter. This theory would propose the name was always Koci and perhaps we belong to a northern Albanian derived branch of Nikollas family. Or that we descend from this supposed Condottieri from the Apennines. I suppose the Yelite and yfull will shed some light on this? If there was a migration of R1a from Italy, would one have Italian matches? Or if it came from northern Greece would it half matches with vlachs Greeks arvanites?

It's very interesting as we are part of Gheg clans, of which are extremely void of R1a. I have heard some suggest Thracians Dacians and sarmatians may have also carried R1a. I imagine tmrca would be an indicator as every persons mutations may vary? At least this is my understanding with Yelite and the extent of information provided. I have been told the only certainty is that R1a is indo European and connected to corded ware culture, but past that most else remains well educated speculation for the most part? Should be interesting what Yelite uncovers, and whether I'm truly Z283 positive and negative downstream.
    23andme results: 94% Balkan, 0.9% Italian, 0.8% Middle Eastern, 2.2% broadly southern European, 0.3 British & Irish, 0.3% Japanese, 0.5% unassigned
    MyOrigins2.0: 100% Southeast European
    MyAncientOrigins: 62% Farmer, 24% Hunter Gatherer, 14% Metal Age Invader
    MyHeritage: 76% Greek, 16% Balkan, 8% Italian
    WeGene: 99.5% Balkan, 0.5% unassigned
    Neolithic K12: 74.9% Ancient Farmers, 25.1% Steppe
    DNA.LAND: 95% Balkan, 5% Sardinian

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dibran For This Useful Post:

Pioterus (2017-09-11), Semitic Duwa (2017-09-09)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5