Phenotype
    Indid
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    India

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    They can pass from Kurdish to Bengali.

Not trying to pass of my people as Iranid. But for the record:

Katrina Kaif is 1/2 Kashmiri. (And British is the other half)

Shazan: Is a daughter of a Parsee dad

and

Kareena is from NW India, which saw a high influx of Persians, plus her ancestors are from the left of the Indus.

NO, they do not look Kurdish or Bengali at all. You are either trolling here (sorry); or trying to create a shit storm. It would be better, if you would have said "they can not pass of as Indo-Iranid".

EDIT:
    By the way, this is Shazan's step-sister. Raell Padamsee:

And this is how a Bengali girl would look:

Phenotypical morphology is different. See the nose, and the eye orbit spacing. Not sure, what you were saying by calling Katrina, Kareena, Shazan; Bengali. Weird.
    Last edited by asingh; 2012-08-18 at 20:40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fact-Finder View Post
    It's like using Leonardo Dicaprio to play Rambo or something.

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/...0.gif~original

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Metaethnos
    Americanized
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Indian
    United Kingdom India

Quote Originally Posted by asingh View Post
    Not trying to pass of my people as Iranid. But for the record:

Katrina Kaif is 1/2 Kashmiri. (And British is the other half)

Shazan: Is a daughter of a Parsee dad

and

Kareena is from NW India, which saw a high influx of Persians, plus her ancestors are from the left of the Indus.

NO, they do not look Kurdish or Bengali at all. You are either trolling here (sorry); or trying to create a shit storm. It would be better, if you would have said "they can not pass of as Indo-Iranid".

EDIT:
    By the way, this is Shazan's step-sister. Raell Padamsee:

Looking is different from passing. They might not be the most typical look for those places, but they can pass as Kurdish, Persian, Afghan, Punjabi, Sindhi, Bengali, Kashmiri, etc.

Another good example would be Benazir Bhutto (half Sindhi half Kurdish)

And Bengalis often overlap with Kurds and Iranians. Jeet is a good example:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rita For This Useful Post:

alistair (2019-01-24)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    R1b
    mtDNA
    T2b
    England

Jeet - Bengali actor

The bastard son of Liam Gallagher and Eric Cantona.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post:

anunnaki (2012-08-20), Otto Prohaska (2012-08-19), Rita (2012-08-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-02-28 @ 02:30
    H1a*
    mtDNA
    m3a1
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    India

Looking is different from passing. They might not be the most typical look for those places, but they can pass as Kurdish, Persian, Afghan, Punjabi, Sindhi, Bengali, Kashmiri, etc.

Another good example would be Benazir Bhutto (half Sindhi half Kurdish)
    Please that is just semantics. Sorry to say, the girls I posted in my initial post can not pass of as Bengali or even Kurdish. They would be Indid, or if we widen the gap, Indo-Iranid. Please do not paint India as such a common field, where people can pass into a wide plethora of phenotypes. Sindhi, and Punjabi have overlap, but Bengali is different.

Also:
    Jeet is a Sindi. So not a Bengali, exactly.
    Last edited by asingh; 2012-08-18 at 20:53.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Metaethnos
    Americanized
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Indian
    United Kingdom India

Please that is just semantics. Sorry to say, the girls I posted in my initial post can not pass of as Bengali or even Kurdish. They would be Indid, or if we widen the gap, Indo-Iranid. Please do not paint India as such a common field, where people can pass into a wide plethora of phenotypes. Sindhi, and Punjabi have overlap, but Bengali is different.
    Of course the average Bengali looks different than the average Punjabi and the average Punjabi looks different from the average Afghan but that's not what this thread is about.

We are talking about certain individuals, not entire groups.

Established Member
    Last Online
    H1a*
    mtDNA
    m3a1
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    India

Of course the average Bengali looks different than the average Punjabi and the average Punjabi looks different from the average Afghan but that's not what this thread is about.

We are talking about certain individuals, not entire groups.
    I know that. Thanks.

But they way you are classifying the various ethnic groups in India is wrong. If you want to work on outliers, be my guest. Did you mention anywhere in your OP, that you are looking at exceptions. And again, to reiterate, the way you classified those three girls I posted as being Bengali or Kurdish it grossly incorrect. And read above, the edit I put in, regarding Jeet. You are really not aware what you are typing in here. That is all I am trying to clarify. That way, anyone from India can fit anywhere in India. Why..? Of course..cause they are Indid. Or did I get you wrong.

---------- Post Merged at 01:28 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Padre Organtino View Post
    Yeah, it's like with South Euros and North Africans. Those South-Central Asians with less ASI influence on their phenotype overlap rather well with West Asians.
    ASI is a paleolithic marker. I really doubt that is causing phenotype drift.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-06-25 @ 11:24
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Metaethnos
    Nord-Pixeloid
    Phenotype
    NordIndid~GracileIndid
    Politics
    Cherry A. Law
    Religion
    Amor fati
    Belgium Pakistan

Jeet - Bengali actor

Just Googled after reading his full name (Jeetendra Madnani) and it confirmed what I thought : he's an ethnic Sindhi ("Although of Sindhi descent, he is a leading actor and the big superstar in the Bengali film industry" - also read that he married in Sindhi traditions), and some Sindhis do look pseudo Iranians.
    To talk of another Sindhi, the latest in B Town is Esha Deol (Punjabi Jatt-TamBram)'s hubby, businessman Bharat Takhtani (just keep in mind that when a desi name ends with "-ani", there are 90% chances for him to be a Sindhi Hindu):

His family

But I don't agree with the "Indo Iranian face" concept : when you use the expression "Indo Iranian", it's generally about an old, meta-historic common anthro-cultural cement (which is expressed the most eloquently by the similarities between the Avestan and Sanskrit languages), not phenotype.
    I see peoples using individuals, and yes taking individuals you could make a link but not as a whole - and even the individuals posted in that thread I don't know how representative they are to back your theory up (Aamir Khan has Tajik origins so he'd obviously look "Iranian", Katrina Kaif is half British half Kashmiri, Kashmiris themselves being amongst the most "West Asian" looking Indian groups, etc)

I'd say that you'll find "Iranians" looking peoples in different degrees (mainly caste based) in India, but how many % of their own ethnic group - let alone the whole of India - they represent is another question.
    And even "looking Iranian" in South Asia is generally reduced to having light skin-tone, so that's itself relatively artificial.
    Last edited by enkidu_; 2012-08-18 at 21:06.
    "... musical training can strongly protect the aging brain from a cognitive decay." (Claudio Brigati et al 2012)

Mun tu shudam tu mun shudi,
    Mun tun shudam tu jaan shudi.
    Taa kas na goyad baad azeen,
    Mun deegaram tu deegari.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to enkidu_ For This Useful Post:

asingh (2012-08-18)

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Metaethnos
    Americanized
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Indian
    United Kingdom India

I know that. Thanks.

But they way you are classifying the various ethnic groups in India is wrong. If you want to work on outliers, be my guest. Did you mention anywhere in your OP, that you are looking at exceptions. And again, to reiterate, the way you classified those three girls I posted as being Bengali or Kurdish it grossly incorrect. And read above, the edit I put in, regarding Jeet. You are really not aware what you are typing in here. That is all I am trying to clarify. That way, anyone from India can fit anywhere in India. Why..? Of course..cause they are Indid. Or did I get you wrong.
    Hahaha. Well excuse me for not taking things too seriously. Afterall, this is just a forum.

I didn't say those girls look Kurdish or Bengali, what I said was that they would fit within a range that allows them to pass between those places.

Kareena Kapoor is half Sindhi half Punjabi correct? Well watching this video she doesn't particularly stand out dancing beside Maryam Zakaria who is of Iranian origin.

this video

Established Member
    Mountain Nigger Padre Organtino's Avatar
    Last Online
    2016-05-13 @ 11:40
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Mtebid
    Metaethnos
    Colch-Iberian Wog
    Ethnicity
    Georgian

ASI is a paleolithic marker. I really doubt that is causing phenotype drift.
    Well, I meant the ancestry from certain racial groups so to say that is hidden behind this marker From what I understand Caucasoid part in Indians is mostly West Asian plus some North Euro hence those with less actual South Asian ancestry (or those with phenotypes less influences by it) should look reasonably close to West Asians.
    BTW, who overlaps with Indians better - Kalash or Balochi?
    Dumb Post of the Year Award goes to....

Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    Lets took than the Iberian peninsula, 8 distant groups of IE was there Celtici Lusitanians Greeks Vandals Suevi Alani Goths and Italic people, only haplogroup G2a have there so many subgroups.
    The R1a have only one sugroup there the R1a1a1g2* and it is almost absent in that region
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamil Noukhaev aka ROnald Mcdonald View Post
    I will make all my best that all Georgians will be muredered with the maximum pain and maximum time of pain then use take you houses, churches as stripping clubs.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Padre Organtino For This Useful Post:

asingh (2012-08-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    H1a*
    mtDNA
    m3a1
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    India

Hahaha. Well excuse me for not taking things too seriously. Afterall, this is just a forum.

I didn't say those girls look Kurdish or Bengali, what I said was that they would fit within a range that allows them to pass between those places.

Kareena Kapoor is half Sindhi half Punjabi correct? Well watching this video she doesn't particularly stand out dancing beside Maryam Zakaria who is of Iranian origin.
    Honestly, Rita, I am confused by what you are posting in this thread. Probably I am dumb tonight.

Anyways, If you say here, that someone "fits" within a range, it is quite obvious to the fact, that you imply that they look like that. Or can be passed of that. I really do not see how Kareena or matter of fact, Katrina or Shazan can remotely fit into the "range" or as you say "pass in the range"; of Kurdish phenotype or Bengali (within India). The reason I posted Kareena here was that: She can / or might fit into the Indo-Iranian sections. Now you say, that she will not stand out next to Mariam Zakaria, who you have stated to be a decent example of Indo-Iranian, therefore Kareena being like her; is Indo-Iranian lookwise too. But then you said she can pass as a Bengali too. Pulling out a logic from this: You are saying, that Kurdish people and Bengali people can fit within each other and so can Iranian. Now how the heck is that possible.

---------- Post Merged at 01:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Padre Organtino View Post
    Well, I meant the ancestry from certain racial groups so to say that is hidden behind this marker From what I understand Caucasoid part in Indians is mostly West Asian plus some North Euro hence those with less actual South Asian ancestry (or those with phenotypes less influences by it) should look reasonably close to West Asians.
    BTW, who overlaps with Indians better - Kalash or Balochi?
    Most of the people who look Central Asian, would be from the NW region of India. But still I am not closing house here. India is extremely, and I repeat really diverse. So it is difficult to peg it down. Kalash and Balochi look nothing like us. Balochi might at times overlap, but it would be rare, but possible, again cause India is damn diverse. Again, I repeat Balochi would be rare.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asingh For This Useful Post:

enkidu_ (2012-08-18), Padre Organtino (2012-08-18)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast