User Tag List

View Poll Results: Where do you believe the proto-Afro-Asiatic urheimat was?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • In the northern Middle East (Fertile Crescent), like Elias says

    33 26.19%
  • In Anatolia

    2 1.59%
  • In Arabia

    3 2.38%
  • In the Horn of Africa (Ethiopia and surroundings)

    35 27.78%
  • In Chadic speaking regions, since the Chadic branch has most languages

    1 0.79%
  • Around the Red Sea

    23 18.25%
  • Nile Valley

    8 6.35%
  • Eastern Sahara

    5 3.97%
  • I don't have an opinion

    14 11.11%
  • Martin Bernal's Black Athena!

    2 1.59%
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 501 to 505 of 505

Thread: The proto-Afro-Asiatics were proto-Caucasoids from the Fertile Crescent (Mashriq)2572 days old

  1. #501
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:28
    Join Date
    2010-01-07
    Posts
    5,278
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    E1b1a8*
    mtDNA
    L0a1a2
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    Politics
    Praise the Sun
    Religion
    Sun Worship
    African Union(OAS) United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdTerm View Post


    The early inhabitants of the Nubia region were speakers of Afroasiatic languages. Genetically, the Nubians are 39.41%-47.73% Eurasian and their Y-DNA profile resembles that of the Saudis. Around 44% of Nubians in Sudan carry haplogroup J1, followed by E1b1b (23%). J1-M267 is the most prominent haplogroup in Saudi Arabia (11.6 ± 1.9 ky) and around 14% of the Saudi Arabia Y-chromosome pool is typical of African biogeographic ancestry such as E1b1b. Coalescence time for haplogroup J1 in Saudi Arabia is the oldest in the Middle East and Arabia is the likely source of the Nubians' Y-chromosome pool. Haplogroup J1 fits an expansion pattern for the Afroasiatic languages and J1 can be the primal genetic marker for Afroasiatic speakers in Africa. On the other hand, 83% of Nubians carry African mtDNA haplogroup L. The sex bias of their DNA profile shows that most Nubian migrants to Sudan were males, who intermarried with local African women. Local Sudanese populations historically have admixed with incoming Eurasian populations and adopted the language and culture of the incoming migrants.
    This argument is about 15 years too late.
    Afroasiatic in Africa has nothing to do with relatively late coming J1.
    Futhermore, If we have evidence of Egyptians and Sudanese mixing for thousands of years yet your study says Eurasian ancestry entered Northern Sudanese recently by way of "Arabs" what does that say about pre-Arab inhabitants?
    Last edited by beyoku; 2019-01-15 at 16:48.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  3. #502
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Meygaag's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:36
    Join Date
    2018-11-08
    Posts
    1,235
    Location
    Kingdom of Kerma
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    T-M184
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Ethnicity
    Dir/Bedouin
    Ethiopia Djibouti Oman Sudan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdTerm View Post


    The early inhabitants of the Nubia region were speakers of Afroasiatic languages. Genetically, the Nubians are 39.41%-47.73% Eurasian and their Y-DNA profile resembles that of the Saudis. Around 44% of Nubians in Sudan carry haplogroup J1, followed by E1b1b (23%). J1-M267 is the most prominent haplogroup in Saudi Arabia (11.6 ± 1.9 ky) and around 14% of the Saudi Arabia Y-chromosome pool is typical of African biogeographic ancestry such as E1b1b. Coalescence time for haplogroup J1 in Saudi Arabia is the oldest in the Middle East and Arabia is the likely source of the Nubians' Y-chromosome pool. Haplogroup J1 fits an expansion pattern for the Afroasiatic languages and J1 can be the primal genetic marker for Afroasiatic speakers in Africa. On the other hand, 83% of Nubians carry African mtDNA haplogroup L. The sex bias of their DNA profile shows that most Nubian migrants to Sudan were males, who intermarried with local African women. Local Sudanese populations historically have admixed with incoming Eurasian populations and adopted the language and culture of the incoming migrants.
    The only pre-Arab afro-asiatics in the Sudan were the Beja and they are still overwhemingly E1b1b despite Arab influences.J1 is from the Caucus mountains and only arrived in the Levant/NE Africa in the Bronze age.It's safe to assume the progenitors of Berber-Cushitic-Semitic-Egyptian were E1b1b men although from the different branches of the haplogroup.I'm also inclined to believe that original chadics were e-v32 before being hijacked by R1b just like T-M70 joined the E1b1b Cushitics/Berbers

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meygaag For This Useful Post:

    Targum (2019-01-16)

  5. #503
    Junior Member
    Last Online
    2019-10-16 @ 04:03
    Join Date
    2019-07-14
    Posts
    4
    Gender
    Age
    28

    Default

    Can someone explain why the idea of proto Afro-Asiatics crossing from Italy to Africa during Mesolithic and originally carrying R1b-V88 is wrong? This dude thinks that might be the case but I am skeptical:
    https://indo-european.eu/2019/07/vil...r-for-r1b-v88/
    https://indo-european.eu/2018/06/sah...ic-connection/ https://indo-european.eu/2019/04/ful...m-east-africa/
    (yes it is Carlos, who does not seem to be really popular on this forum).

  6. #504
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,715
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbronce View Post
    Can someone explain why the idea of proto Afro-Asiatics crossing from Italy to Africa during Mesolithic and originally carrying R1b-V88 is wrong? This dude thinks that might be the case but I am skeptical:
    https://indo-european.eu/2019/07/vil...r-for-r1b-v88/
    https://indo-european.eu/2018/06/sah...ic-connection/ https://indo-european.eu/2019/04/ful...m-east-africa/
    (yes it is Carlos, who does not seem to be really popular on this forum).
    Popularity is beside the point in science. R1b-V88 does not correlate that well with the distribution of Afro-Asiatic languages, and R1b is like R1a, an ANE marker, and as such had originally little to nothing to do with Afro-Asiatic languages.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

    Targum (2019-07-26)

  8. #505
    Regular Member
    Junior Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 00:24
    Join Date
    2017-04-20
    Posts
    42
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meygaag View Post
    The only pre-Arab afro-asiatics in the Sudan were the Beja and they are still overwhemingly E1b1b despite Arab influences.J1 is from the Caucus mountains and only arrived in the Levant/NE Africa in the Bronze age.It's safe to assume the progenitors of Berber-Cushitic-Semitic-Egyptian were E1b1b men although from the different branches of the haplogroup.I'm also inclined to believe that original chadics were e-v32 before being hijacked by R1b just like T-M70 joined the E1b1b Cushitics/Berbers
    There is no evidence to emphatically suggest J1 is from the Caucasus mountains. I'm not really sure how this dogma came to prominence. J1 could easily be from Iraq or Iran. No one knows at this point.
    Last edited by Champion; 2019-08-19 at 07:25.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 90
    Last Post: 2019-01-20, 22:31
  2. Replies: 544
    Last Post: 2017-09-02, 02:37
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2012-09-20, 23:46
  4. Proto-Italic Poll
    By geomattica in forum Linguistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2012-07-06, 14:23
  5. Where did the earliest proto caucasoids evolve?
    By KRANG in forum General Genetics Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 2011-02-08, 21:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<