User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What are the differences in culture between each Anglosphere nation2517 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-05-02 @ 02:48
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1a2*
    mtDNA
    C1b4
    Race
    Triracial
    Ethnicity
    Puerto Rican (Latino)
    Phenotype
    Atl Med/MENA/Amerind
    Politics
    Democrat
    Religion
    None
    Puerto Rico United States

The Caribbean is more mellow with having African influences in the language, the cuisine and the music. At least in PR from what I know. The architecture in PR is mostly Spanish influenced and the culture itself has a more African (depending on where you go in PR).

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-05-23 @ 03:40
    Ethnicity
    Canadian

you know what, I'll say that Canada's views on slavery followed Great Britain who made it illegal in the late eighteenth century. but slavery was never common in the northern colonies anyway, and the majority of UEL's came from Massachussets, New York, Connecticut etc

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by jonboyclem View Post
    There seems to be an overall common "Anglosphere" culture between the UK and US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Caribbean countries(With a bit more African influence).
    maybe, maybe not.

The idea of "Anglosphere" culture isn't something I have heard until recently on this forum (we have the weird British-wannabe American poster Gungnir).

Just because you have the same language doesn't mean you are similar.

To me Britain is more like Netherlands than it is like USA.

And Ireland is different from Britain with it's catholism and way way higher degree of God-believing than Britain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by acevedoricky View Post
    The Caribbean is more mellow with having African influences in the language, the cuisine and the music. At least in PR from what I know. The architecture in PR is mostly Spanish influenced and the culture itself has a more African (depending on where you go in PR).
    I've been to Southern Caribean (we had the longest stay in Trinidad and Tobago). It felt like a more civiziled form of Africa. Mostly because the fact that it is poorer than USA and had cows walking near the street without any fence between. However it was a peaceful society low on crime.

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2014-05-08 @ 21:26
    Atlantid
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian

I'd say the British (well, more specifically, the English) tend to be the most quiet and reserved of the various major Anglophone groups.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    R1b
    mtDNA
    T2b
    England

Quote Originally Posted by najbritcol View Post
    I'd say the British (well, more specifically, the English) tend to be the most quiet and reserved of the various major Anglophone groups.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post:

Kano (2012-12-22)

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2014-05-08 @ 21:26
    Atlantid
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    I forgot to add "not including football supporters". But for the English middle-classes, what I said in the last post is largely true.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    R1b
    mtDNA
    T2b
    England

Quote Originally Posted by najbritcol View Post
    I forgot to add "not including football supporters". But for the English middle-classes, what I said in the last post is largely true.
    I am from Yorkshire, so I have never met a middle class person.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post:

amerinese (2012-12-22), najbritcol (2012-12-22)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2013-09-14 @ 07:45
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    L3b1a
    Phenotype
    Negrid
    Metaethnos
    North American
    Ethnicity
    African American
    Phenotype
    New World Black
    Religion
    Liberal
    United States Nigeria Angola African Union(OAS) United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    maybe, maybe not.

The idea of "Anglosphere" culture isn't something I have heard until recently on this forum (we have the weird British-wannabe American poster Gungnir).

Just because you have the same language doesn't mean you are similar.

To me Britain is more like Netherlands than it is like USA.
    The Core of the Anglosphere(UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) all share a common meta-culture in government, archetecture, politeness, individuality, entrepernurial sprit, entertainment, and are largely genetically similar to each other.

Nobody thinks of actors like Hugh Jackman(Australian), Russell Crowe(New Zelander), and Jim Carrey(Canadian) as being "foriegn" like a Latin American or someone from a foriegn culture. The entertainment culture of the Anglosphere countries largely overlap with each other in music, television, and motion pictures. You read a magazine in the US that talks about Prince William, as a British magazine will talk about politics in the United States. We are in the same family of culture.

The perepherial countries like the West Indies, India, Pakistan, and South Africa also share cultural elements with the UK. Such as the main sport being Cricket, driving on the left side of the road, and the Archetecture.

Overall, there is a commonalities between most English speaking countries. Much more so than the similarities between the UK and Holland.
    "When you do things you love, you'll do them without worrying about money."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jonboyclem For This Useful Post:

najbritcol (2012-12-22)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

Nobody thinks of actors like Hugh Jackman(Australian), Russell Crowe(New Zelander), and Jim Carrey(Canadian) as being "foriegn" like a Latin American or someone from a foriegn culture. The entertainment culture of the Anglosphere countries largely overlap with each other in music, television, and motion pictures. You read a magazine in the US that talks about Prince William, as a British magazine will talk about politics in the United States. We are in the same family of culture.
    Add Sweden to that list.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

The Core of the Anglosphere(UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) all share a common meta-culture in government, archetecture, politeness, individuality, entrepernurial sprit, entertainment, and are largely genetically similar to each other.

The perepherial countries like the West Indies, India, Pakistan, and South Africa also share cultural elements with the UK. Such as the main sport being Cricket, driving on the left side of the road, and the Archetecture.

Overall, there is a commonalities between most English speaking countries. Much more so than the similarities between the UK and Holland.
    Your average Anglo-American man doesn't give two shits about the British royal family though. That is subject matter for gossip-mongering housewives and flamboyant homosexuals. It belongs on the tabloid stand with cover pages about who people like Kim Kardashian are fucking.

As far as Anglosphere actors and musicians I largely agree with you.
    Last edited by amerinese; 2012-12-22 at 23:34.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast