2% Europe east
    2% Italy/ Greece
    <1% European Jewish
    <1% Finland / northwest Russian
    <1% Great Britain
    Total European 26%

<1% Melanesian.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Labbystinks For This Useful Post:

Sully (2016-11-03), THELOVEBELOW (2016-11-04)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    I'll set you a-quiver Longbowman's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-10-17 @ 03:48
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c1a
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Desert Nomad
    Ethnicity
    Ashkephardic
    Phenotype
    Judaean Highlander
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Sadducee
    GEDmatch
    M392217
    United Kingdom Italy England Wales United States Israel

You said that the person scoring 22% proved that SSA 'diminished' as generations went by, ie, that the grandchild of an SSA person would get less than 25% SSA because it's SSA. You said this because you are part-SSA and have an extreme attachment to this part of your ancestry.

The reality is simpler. Whilst you inherit 50% from each parent spot-on, you only inherit 25% from each grandparent *on average.* It is possible, even, to get 0% from a grandparent (though extremely unlikely and practically impossible). Some people simply inherit less from one grandparent and more from another - in fact, nearly all of us do.

She's 22% SSA. Somewhere, another quadroon is 28% SSA. What they 'should' get is immaterial, it's what they *did* get, which has nothing to do with black blood being in some manner less likely to be passed on.
    Click here for definitive proof that the holocaust never happened!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    I am technically not schizophrenic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodeuwedd View Post
    Please remember that I'm carrying a loaded gun. Next time, you'd better shift your tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    I think it would be awesome to be Cartman [...] translated to real life, Cartman is [...] Donald Trump
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2djcahy.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Longbowman For This Useful Post:

beyoku (2016-11-02)

Last Online
    2018-09-20 @ 21:34
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Roseai View Post
    I'm really confused on why biracial people are being added at such a high rate in this topic. Isn't this topic for legitimate African Americans? Why is the white girl here? She doesn't represent African Americans in the slightest and probably doesn't self identify as African American in real life.
    I totally agree. I think their should be a separate thread for biracial/ multiracial (in the American sense ) people. It will be more organized.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-10-01 @ 13:53
    Y-DNA
    E-M58
    mtDNA
    L2c
    Metaethnos
    Hue-man
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    GEDmatch
    LB5099394, PS7246389
    United States Benin Cameroon Mali United Kingdom African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Labbystinks View Post
    I totally agree. I think their should be a separate thread for biracial/ multiracial (in the American sense ) people. It will be more organized.
    But they are part of the "African"-American ethnic group (and experience) just the same. If you think like that, then most of Our recent "Black""African"-American ancestors would be excluded (i.e. Booker T. Washington, Dred Scott, Fredrick Douglas, W.E.B. DuBois, Dr. Charles Drew, Sally Hemmings, Malcolm X., Charles Rangle, Barack Obama, etc).

Is that what you two want? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haile Selassie
    “We should accept diversity in culture and tradition and coexist peacefully...”
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely Fuller, Jr.
    "If you don't understand "White" Supremacy/Racism, everything that you do understand will only confuse you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question, than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Afura For This Useful Post:

Moe97 (2016-11-02)

Last Online
    2018-09-20 @ 21:34
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Afura View Post
    But they are part of the "African"-American ethnic group (and experience) just the same. If you think like that, then most of Our recent "Black""African"-American ancestors would be excluded (i.e. Booker T. Washington, Dred Scott, Fredrick Douglas, W.E.B. DuBois, Dr. Charles Drew, Sally Hemmings, Malcolm X., Charles Rangle, Barack Obama, etc).

Is that what you two want? Really?
    Malcolm was not biracial. His mother was. I have no problem with posting biracial people with one black parent. However, posting people like the girl above is just problematic. Many African Americans have white ancestry but we are not really included in the European threads. I don't understand how posting some one who is barely black is helpful. Especially for people who are majority descended from African slaves. Plus she identifies herself as being mixed raced. Her identity is unique in its self and not just the same as many African Americans. Currently we live in a different time period then the people above. That was when interracial relationships were not even legal! I don't understand why they can't get their own thread. It would make it a lot easier for mixed raced people and African Americans. They are able to have their own safe space where the focus is on them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Labbystinks For This Useful Post:

Roseai (2016-11-03), THELOVEBELOW (2018-01-01)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

This is a thread for people of African American descent (people descended from enslaved Africans that were brought to the United States during the Transatlantic Slave Trade. So not even Obama would be posted here whether he was 100% or not). It's clearly stated if someone is only 1/2 or 1/4th or 3/4ths African American; even down to the state they came from if I knew it. I watched the videos. I tried to pay attention to anything they had to say about their family history and background. But those who are not fully African American make up 30 or less of the people posted here (and this is me overestimating it from what I can remember) while 400+ of the people posted here have been fully African American, so I don't see the need for the complaints. "African Americans and people of African American descent," nothing more, nothing less. Though, I will not be posting anymore results here as I am no longer active on this forum. It's up to you guys now.

This was my last tally (from August 11, 2016):
    So I tallied up all the results that have been shared so far (not including people that are less than 3/4th Afram) and here they are:

*btw, the reason I mentioned 3/4th Afram, is because I included the two men that had a Native American grandmother, the one guy that had a grandparent or great grandparent that was Filipino, and the one woman that had a grandfather or great-grandfather that was Greek. Just to make sure everything is clarified.

SSA DNA Out of 411 Results:
    50% and Below: 7
    50-55% range: 15
    55-60% range: 20
    60-65% range: 33
    65-70% range: 34
    70-75% range: 63
    75-80% range: 63
    80-85% range: 76
    85-90% range: 50
    90-95% range: 37
    95-100% range: 13

Out of 411 results: 172 Aframs are below 75% SSA, 239 Aframs are above 75% SSA
    Out of 411 results, 252 Aframs were between 70-90% SSA
    126 of that is between 70-80% SSA and 126 is between 80-90% SSA
    Out of 411 results, 87 Aframs were 55-70% SSA
    Out of 411 results, 50 Aframs were 90+% SSA
    Out of 411 results, 22 Aframs were below 55% SSA
    "Only those with simple minds rely on stereotypes."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sully For This Useful Post:

THELOVEBELOW (2016-11-03)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-10-01 @ 13:53
    Y-DNA
    E-M58
    mtDNA
    L2c
    Metaethnos
    Hue-man
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    GEDmatch
    LB5099394, PS7246389
    United States Benin Cameroon Mali United Kingdom African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Labbystinks View Post
    Malcolm was not biracial. His mother was. I have no problem with posting biracial people with one black parent. However, posting people like the girl above is just problematic. Many African Americans have white ancestry but we are not really included in the European threads. I don't understand how posting some one who is barely black is helpful. Especially for people who are majority descended from African slaves. Plus she identifies herself as being mixed raced. Her identity is unique in its self and not just the same as many African Americans. Currently we live in a different time period then the people above. That was when interracial relationships were not even legal! I don't understand why they can't get their own thread. It would make it a lot easier for mixed raced people and African Americans. They are able to have their own safe space where the focus is on them.
    I didn't say Malcolm X was "bi-racial." I added him because you stated this: "I totally agree. I think their should be a separate thread for biracial/ multiracial (in the American sense ) people. It will be more organized."

So I included famous "Black"/"African"-American ancestors that were either, as you put it, "biracial/ multiracial (in the American sense )" to drive home my point of that thought process can be/is a slippery slope. That's the "Black"/"African"-American Ethnic group's history in this country. I understand (and empathize with) your POV but I think it can be a double-edged sword as well.

I'm off my soapbox. Respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haile Selassie
    “We should accept diversity in culture and tradition and coexist peacefully...”
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely Fuller, Jr.
    "If you don't understand "White" Supremacy/Racism, everything that you do understand will only confuse you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question, than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:37

If that's you're point than majority of us are like Malcolm X, but that still doesn't excuse a white girl being posted here IMO but carry on I still love the thread!

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist tauromenion's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-09-15 @ 15:25
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Moderate.
    Italy Sicily-II Greece Portugal Israel Star of David Poland Cape Verde

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    You said that the person scoring 22% proved that SSA 'diminished' as generations went by, ie, that the grandchild of an SSA person would get less than 25% SSA because it's SSA. You said this because you are part-SSA and have an extreme attachment to this part of your ancestry.

The reality is simpler. Whilst you inherit 50% from each parent spot-on, you only inherit 25% from each grandparent *on average.* It is possible, even, to get 0% from a grandparent (though extremely unlikely and practically impossible). Some people simply inherit less from one grandparent and more from another - in fact, nearly all of us do.

She's 22% SSA. Somewhere, another quadroon is 28% SSA. What they 'should' get is immaterial, it's what they *did* get, which has nothing to do with black blood being in some manner less likely to be passed on.

No, this is not what I meant. What I meant is if she is 20% SSA, and her mother 44%, the grandmother could be more than 90% which means she inherited LESS of the SSA from her grandmother than is really there.

We cannot just multiply her SSA score by four to get her grandmother's. But when it's half, you know you have to be at least that amount, meaning her grandmother cannot be less than 88% SSA for the mother to be 44%.

Which means, when anything diminishes in amount, the percent you score is more unreliable than if it's half of you.
    Last edited by tauromenion; 2016-11-03 at 19:00.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tauromenion For This Useful Post:

THELOVEBELOW (2016-11-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:37

Okay so I plugged my results from ancestry into DNA.Land and Gedmatch, Does anyone know the populations or tribes tested for these companies/projects. Gedmatch just seems like a waste of time so I am hoping someone can explain what the test results really mean and which one makes sense for African Americans?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Roseai For This Useful Post:

THELOVEBELOW (2018-09-19)

Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast