Phenotype
    Goldwindid Sudanid
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya
    England Jamaica Skull and crossbones

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    Sexual selection plays a part. However the fact that many people can't seem to comprehend that people from Senegal all the way down to Angola are going to look different and have differing facial features and body types and mixing people from these different parts of the continent is going to create offspring that look different from the ethnicities and nations they descend from.
    Here's a thread created a while back that showing Africans that are a mix of West and Central African. To me some of them look like NWBs

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iron Hand For This Useful Post:

BlessedbyHorus (2018-01-16), Itoli (2018-01-16)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist BlessedbyHorus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:32
    Ethnicity
    Afram-American/Haitian
    Politics
    Uppity Negroism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States Haiti Dominican Republic

Sexual selection plays a part. However the fact that many people can't seem to comprehend that people from Senegal all the way down to Angola are going to look different and have differing facial features and body types and mixing people from these different parts of the continent is going to create offspring that look different from the ethnicities and nations they descend from.
    Thank you. You been on this site MUCH longer than me. lol You should have been debunking all this ignorance because when I was a lurker the ignorance was much worse! Niggas seriously think everyone in West-Central Africa looks like Akon or some pitch black Mandinka. lol! People just IGNORE the part of African diversity in West-Central Africa while exaggerating the European influence on ALL repeat ALL AA phenotype diversity.

They also believe the majority of AAs are either biracial looking or griffe types like Obamas daughters while ignoring the many dark brown skin types that add to the diversity.

And THEN you have these....

"He disengaged himself from other life experiences and went back to a particular spot in his memory to capture the racial distinctions he was able to make. He saw no distinction in skin color between the red men in Igboland and the white men he met on the slave ship. "

--Jacob Korieh. 2009. Olaudah Equiano and the Igbo world: history, society and Atlantic. 2009

" Oye-Eboe" may be a version of the Igbo word oyibo used in the nineteenth century to mean "white man," Equiano clearly uses it to refer to other Africans, perhaps the Aro slave traders. At this point in is life, he tells us, he had not yet seen or even heard of a European."
    -- Vincent Carretta. 2005. Equiano, the African: biography of a self-made man. p15

"Badsen [GT Badsen, "Niger Ibos," Frank Cass and Co, London, 1938: 123-124],
    in his early-twentieth century study of the physical appearance of the Igbo, had this to say:
    'On the whole, the Ibos are of good physique and compare favorably with other African tribes..
    Many Ibos are truly as black as the proverbial coal: others are almost as light-skinned as the
    natives of Southern Europe, while a few are distinctly reddish.
    The folk who stand out obtrusively
    are the albinos.'"
    --Gloria Chuku (2013) The Igbo Intellectual Tradition. pp 48-49

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlessedbyHorus For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2018-01-16), Iron Hand (2018-01-16)

Established Member
    Junior Member But Cool
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04
    Y-DNA
    E-U174
    mtDNA
    U6a3
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Metaethnos
    Akan/Mande/Igbo
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Phenotype
    Goldwindid Sudanid
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedbyHorus View Post
    Thank you. You been on this site MUCH longer than me. lol You should have been debunking all this ignorance because when I was a lurker the ignorance was much worse! Niggas seriously think everyone in West-Central Africa looks like Akon or some pitch black Mandinka. lol! People just IGNORE the part of African diversity in West-Central Africa while exaggerating the European influence on ALL repeat ALL AA phenotype diversity.

They also believe the majority of AAs are either biracial looking or griffe types like Obamas daughters while ignoring the many dark brown skin types that add to the diversity.
    Unfortunately sometimes you can't fix stupid. I've seen plenty of NWBs that 'look' (key word: look not 'are') 100% SSA.

And THEN you have these....

"He disengaged himself from other life experiences and went back to a particular spot in his memory to capture the racial distinctions he was able to make. He saw no distinction in skin color between the red men in Igboland and the white men he met on the slave ship. "

--Jacob Korieh. 2009. Olaudah Equiano and the Igbo world: history, society and Atlantic. 2009

" Oye-Eboe" may be a version of the Igbo word oyibo used in the nineteenth century to mean "white man," Equiano clearly uses it to refer to other Africans, perhaps the Aro slave traders. At this point in is life, he tells us, he had not yet seen or even heard of a European."
    -- Vincent Carretta. 2005. Equiano, the African: biography of a self-made man. p15

"Badsen [GT Badsen, "Niger Ibos," Frank Cass and Co, London, 1938: 123-124],
    in his early-twentieth century study of the physical appearance of the Igbo, had this to say:
    'On the whole, the Ibos are of good physique and compare favorably with other African tribes..
    Many Ibos are truly as black as the proverbial coal: others are almost as light-skinned as the
    natives of Southern Europe, while a few are distinctly reddish.
    The folk who stand out obtrusively
    are the albinos.'"
    --Gloria Chuku (2013) The Igbo Intellectual Tradition. pp 48-49
    First hand accounts yet still some people chose to remain ignorant.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Iron Hand For This Useful Post:

BlessedbyHorus (2018-01-16)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist BlessedbyHorus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:32
    Ethnicity
    Afram-American/Haitian
    Politics
    Uppity Negroism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States Haiti Dominican Republic

Unfortunately sometimes you can't fix stupid. I've seen plenty of NWBs that 'look' (key word: look not 'are') 100% SSA.

First hand accounts yet still some people chose to remain ignorant.
    And just to be clear I am not trying to argue "purity" and I do acknowledge the obvious Euro influence. But the diversity from Senegal all the way down to Angola should not be dismissed imo.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlessedbyHorus For This Useful Post:

Iron Hand (2018-01-16)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist tauromenion's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Moderate.
    Italy Sicily-II Greece Portugal Israel Star of David Poland Cape Verde

Some do but not all of their phenotypes are present in the US in my experience. What I will say is this: I do see many people in the thread there who I would not have guessed to be 100% SSA if I didn't know better, so in that regard my initial statements were wrong.

The mixes where Senegalese is present, IMO, look least like New World blacks, since Senegalese ancestry is relatively minor in most New World black groups with the exception of the Hispanic Caribbean.

Established Member
    Junior Member But Cool
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04
    Y-DNA
    E-U174
    mtDNA
    U6a3
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Metaethnos
    Akan/Mande/Igbo
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Phenotype
    Goldwindid Sudanid
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya

And just to be clear I am not trying to argue "purity" and I do acknowledge the obvious Euro influence. But the diversity from Senegal all the way down to Angola should not be dismissed imo.
    Damn straight. It would be like dismissing White yanks (mainly British Isles & German with some Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Scandinavian etc depending in certain parts of the USA) or White Southern Brazilians (Colonial Pork Chop, Italian, German with bits of Spanish, Polish, Ukrainian, British Isles etc) diverse looks on admixture with non whites.
    There are a few 100% SSA Aframs. They mainly come from South Carolina so they probably have Gullah ancestry. Lucky bastards. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tauromenion View Post
    Some do but not all of their phenotypes are present in the US in my experience. What I will say is this: I do see many people in the thread there who I would not have guessed to be 100% SSA if I didn't know better, so in that regard my initial statements were wrong.

The mixes where Senegalese is present, IMO, look least like New World blacks, since Senegalese ancestry is relatively minor in most New World black groups with the exception of the Hispanic Caribbean.
    Like I said. It's the mix of many West and Central African ethnic groups and nations that create a distinct look among us NWBs (not just Aframs), not just Euro admixture.
    Last edited by Iron Hand; 2018-01-16 at 03:15.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Iron Hand For This Useful Post:

BlessedbyHorus (2018-01-16)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist THELOVEBELOW's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:20
    I2a1a
    mtDNA
    L3e1a2
    Metaethnos
    New World Black / AA
    Ethnicity
    African American
    Phenotype
    Black /Griffe
    Religion
    Universal Love
    United States Nigeria Benin Togo Nigeria England

Taekwendoist Kevin Dallo (both his parents are black, Bhete) Côte d’Ivoire

He is pure West African. I'm told his phenotype is not very common, among his ethnic group, meaning his eyes, hair color, and skin tone.
    Last edited by THELOVEBELOW; 2018-01-17 at 04:05.

Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119