@
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med + CM
    United States Mexico Guam Philippines Palau

Quote Originally Posted by IstenmeyenTuy View Post
    I never watch such things even when I was a child (that years I was a child). But for ordinary people they might know many actors/actresses. Natalia Oreiro also were popular with a soap opera. Rosalinda of Thalia was the most popular but there were also other series by Thalia.
    I like Mexican celebrity characters more. I discovered the style is similar to Turkey. Alot of ridicilous and non sense characters. Fighting women etc. Making alot of stupid people famous like Turkey. Like someone saying "I am god" a model or singer or someone does nothing can be famous only by talking ridicilous or making gossips like "wow she killed her own baby"
    This level of nonsense illogical bullshit on media would be mind blowing in logical societies like Germany. They would have been terrified and despise it being so stupid.
    I think Turkey has much common on spirit with Mexico. Thats why people enjoy your TV and celebrities alot. Not a coincidence
    LMAO that had me laughing because its true, I don't really watch mexican telenovelas unless I am visiting my aunts or such, but yeah they over-exaggerate a lot

by the way, when was turkish menemen invented? we eat a similar dish as that in Mexico
    Turkish

Mexican

there was other dishes that I thought were so similar to what we ate in Mexico, but I clearly remember of menemen because its an easy name to remember, but anyways, maybe its just a coincidence

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    good Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    LMAO that had me laughing because its true, I don't really watch mexican telenovelas unless I am visiting my aunts or such, but yeah they over-exaggerate a lot

by the way, when was turkish menemen invented? we eat a similar dish as that in Mexico
    Turkish

Mexican

there was other dishes that I thought were so similar to what we ate in Mexico, but I clearly remember of menemen because its an easy name to remember, but anyways, maybe its just a coincidence
    Menemen Yemeğinin Ortaya Cıkışı | menemen hakkında bilgiler
    Translate this. Its actually America. We learnt from you and named the first district of İzmir as 'menemen' after raising the first Tomatoes which came from America. They gave name to the dish and named the district of İzmir after having the first tomatoes. The first dish they did with tomatoes were yours one

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IstenmeyenTuy For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2017-07-17)

Established Member
    Viceroyalty of New Spain Celph Titled's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med + CM

Menemen Yemeğinin Ortaya Cıkışı | menemen hakkında bilgiler
    Translate this. Its actually America. We learnt from you and named the first district of İzmir as 'menemen' after raising the first Tomatoes which came from America. They gave name to the dish and named the district of İzmir after having the first tomatoes. The first dish they did with tomatoes were yours one
    I kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew it, I just knew it, my ex girlfriend kept swearing up and down that we Mexicans got it from them (Turkish)

I am sure that Shakshouka also came from Mexicans, its a dish popular in Northern Africa and also among their Jewish population, we also have a similar dish as that

I guess Mexican cuisine is indeed influential and found in many parts of the world, this is cool to be honest

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

Targum (2017-07-17)

Established Member
    good Member
    Last Online
    @

I kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew it, I just knew it, my ex girlfriend kept swearing up and down that we Mexicans got it from them (Turkish)

I am sure that Shakshouka also came from Mexicans, its a dish popular in Northern Africa and also among their Jewish population, we also have a similar dish as that

I guess Mexican cuisine is indeed influential and found in many parts of the world, this is cool to be honest
    Shakshouka is not even Türkish. Türks learnt it since about 10 years lol. Its actually an Israeli /Levant dish.

Im not surprised she claimed you took the dish from Türks, we usually have big ego, typical Türk would claim everything is taken from them. They usually blame the neighbours being culture thief (eventho they came themselves to the region later on). We are usually illogical.

Thanks for Tomatoes, patatoes and chocolate

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IstenmeyenTuy For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2017-07-18), Targum (2017-07-17)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:15
    E-M5021
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Arabid
    Phenotype
    E Med + Arabid
    Israel Star of David United States

Shakshouka is not even Türkish. Türks learnt it since about 10 years lol. Its actually an Israeli /Levant dish.

Im not surprised she claimed you took the dish from Türks, we usually have big ego, typical Türk would claim everything is taken from them. They usually blame the neighbours being culture thief (eventho they came themselves to the region later on). We are usually illogical.

And Israeli shakshuka (when I lived in Israel my #1 gas station restaurant hot, fresh item) is the Israeli morph of an originally Moroccan Jewish food;now eaten by Jews everywhere; I make amazing shakshuka btw
    And Celph is right; it is clearly a relative of huevos rancheros

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Targum For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2017-07-18), IstenmeyenTuy (2017-07-18)

Established Member
    good Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Targum View Post
    And Israeli shakshuka (when I lived in Israel my #1 gas station restaurant hot, fresh item) is the Israeli morph of an originally Moroccan Jewish food;now eaten by Jews everywhere; I make amazing shakshuka btw
    Its actually different. Shakshuka dont have green peppers and have parsley. Also egg is not totally mixed. Both have egg and tomatoes but not the same dish.

I prefer yours. The shakahuka I ate in Jerusalem was the best and better than all the menemen I had in my life

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IstenmeyenTuy For This Useful Post:

Targum (2017-07-17)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med + CM

yeah I have always said Turkish people are very proud people, but im the same way (actually the average mexican is as well), so I can't blame you guys at all

and you are welcome, thank you guys for the trompo, without it we wouldnt have tacos al pastor lol my favorite tacos

- - - Updated - - -

Targum, you should post your recipe here so I can make it myself this weekend

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

IstenmeyenTuy (2017-07-18)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:15
    E-M5021
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Arabid
    Phenotype
    E Med + Arabid
    Israel Star of David United States

yeah I have always said Turkish people are very proud people, but im the same way (actually the average mexican is as well), so I can't blame you guys at all

and you are welcome, thank you guys for the trompo, without it we wouldnt have tacos al pastor lol my favorite tacos

- - - Updated - - -

Targum, you should post your recipe here so I can make it myself this weekend
    Ok then:

Shakshuka

6-8 eggs
    2-3 tbsp olive oil
    favorite dried or fresh hot peppers: I use dried Sudani or Cayenne, or fresh Serrano the timid can use jalapeno; quantity depends on size; dried Sudani 3 or 4;
    chopped red bell pepper diced
    3 1/2 to 4 cups diced ripe tomatoes or about 25-28 oz canned diced tomatoes
    1 large diced onion
    2 cloves garlic smashed
    2 heaping tbsp chopped cilantro
    1 tbsp chopped parsley
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp turmeric
    1/2 tsp paprika
    salt/pepper to taste

In skillet heat oil medium heat. Add onion and when starting to soften add garlic and after another minute add peppers and cook till peppers begin to soften. Add tomatoes and spices keep cooking over medium heat till it starts to begin to reduce a little (5-7 min usually).Add the cilantro and parsley. Crack the eggs, one at a time over the tomato mixture, distributing them evenly, usually a ring around the outer edge and 1-3 in the center. Slap on cover or lid, turn heat to low and check after 2-3 minutes; eggs should be poached thru with the yolks just turning solid. To serve you put flat spatula under the egg and sauce and lift it out and put on the plate. Serve with good fresh pita, good French or Italian bread, or the small Mexican rolls; whole wheat versions are fine.The recipes think it serves one egg per person, but when we have it each person eats 2 or 3 eggs.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Targum For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2017-07-19)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med + CM

Ok then:

Shakshuka

6-8 eggs
    2-3 tbsp olive oil
    favorite dried or fresh hot peppers: I use dried Sudani or Cayenne, or fresh Serrano the timid can use jalapeno; quantity depends on size; dried Sudani 3 or 4;
    chopped red bell pepper diced
    3 1/2 to 4 cups diced ripe tomatoes or about 25-28 oz canned diced tomatoes
    1 large diced onion
    2 cloves garlic smashed
    2 heaping tbsp chopped cilantro
    1 tbsp chopped parsley
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp turmeric
    1/2 tsp paprika
    salt/pepper to taste

In skillet heat oil medium heat. Add onion and when starting to soften add garlic and after another minute add peppers and cook till peppers begin to soften. Add tomatoes and spices keep cooking over medium heat till it starts to begin to reduce a little (5-7 min usually).Add the cilantro and parsley. Crack the eggs, one at a time over the tomato mixture, distributing them evenly, usually a ring around the outer edge and 1-3 in the center. Slap on cover or lid, turn heat to low and check after 2-3 minutes; eggs should be poached thru with the yolks just turning solid. To serve you put flat spatula under the egg and sauce and lift it out and put on the plate. Serve with good fresh pita, good French or Italian bread, or the small Mexican rolls; whole wheat versions are fine.The recipes think it serves one egg per person, but when we have it each person eats 2 or 3 eggs.
    Thanks, I will do it this weekend for sure, probably this Friday or Saturday (I will be sure to post a picture of it here), its kind of similar to huevos rancheros, the only difference is that we use a tortilla (we fry the tortilla up)

the fried tortilla is at the bottom of the egg

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

Targum (2017-07-19)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med + CM