User Tag List

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Which ethnicities/countries look different from their stereotype1473 days old

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist tauromenion's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 23:23
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Moderate.
    Italy Sicily-II Greece Portugal Israel Star of David Poland Cape Verde

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    he is a saying that northern italians mixed with criollos/mestizos and such will create a southern italian phenotype which is true

Not with criollo but with mestizo yes, because it makes a pseudo East Med look.

North Italian + Iberian will not likely look southern Italian.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:33
    G-l30
    mtDNA
    U7
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Metaethnos
    Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Persian, Turkic
    Politics
    Center-Left
    Religion
    Zoroastrianism
    United States Islamic Republic of Iran Afghanistan Azerbaijan Georgia India

Default Iranic, MENA (especially Algeria, Morocco), Japan, and Mongolia

I find the Iranian countries of Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan to be similar and distinct from each other, with huge amounts of diversity and varying phenotypes. Dark hair is common, but a lot of people have red hair as well, and I was born with red hair which went dark. Before it was dark many people thought I was from northern Spain or southern France, a "conquistador" look, but then I had this weird nose/lips shape so they thought I was some sort of Russian Tatar, then as I got older my hair and eyes darkened to pitch black rather than red and hazel and suddenly I started getting called Saudi. Was a very big change.

Berber areas typically have light brown hair, and occasionally have light eyes. Blondness seems more common than further east, and they have a very unique appearance. Not like other MENA people, but not like sub-Saharan Africans either, though they have hints of that. All stereotyped as being "Arab looking" like Iraqis and Syrians.

Where I am, all Asiatic people bundle together and believe they have some sort of pan Asian ancestry, when they all look totally different. The Japanese typically have a rounder face and look kind of Caucasian, but barely, the Koreans and Mongolians have thin eyes and pronounced Cheekbones, while Mongolians look almost Turkish (my Turkish grandmother looks like a blonde Mongol+Central European), and the Chinese are extremely diverse depending on where you are. A few from the south have round faces, thin eyes, but then dark skin and wavy hair, while in the north they have very pale skin, very thin face and look almost like they're mixed with Latino (Not literally, but that's the best way I could summarize their appearance, they don't look totally "Asian" like some of the southern types.

- - - Updated - - -

That's interesting. They have another one of those "distinctive" appearances. They look Mediterranean and Berber obviously but at the same time there are influences which don't exist in other people groups. Dividing the Mediterranean North to South only occasionally works. There's also a lot of diverse phenotypes in that crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Khazars maybe?

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00

Quote Originally Posted by dddcc View Post
    Many people have the impression that Tunisians on the whole tend to have an Arabic look, in reality they look more like Pardos.
    Here a crowd of Tunisian squad Club Africain supporters

Flamengo fc supporters
    Lol Numidian, from Anthroscape is going to get mad at you if he reads this.

Established Member
    good Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by voyager14 View Post
    Where I am, all Asiatic people bundle together and believe they have some sort of pan Asian ancestry, when they all look totally different. The Japanese typically have a rounder face and look kind of Caucasian, but barely, the Koreans and Mongolians have thin eyes and pronounced Cheekbones, while Mongolians look almost Turkish (my Turkish grandmother looks like a blonde Mongol+Central European), and the Chinese are extremely diverse depending on where you are. A few from the south have round faces, thin eyes, but then dark skin and wavy hair, while in the north they have very pale skin, very thin face and look almost like they're mixed with Latino (Not literally, but that's the best way I could summarize their appearance, they don't look totally "Asian" like some of the southern types.
    Your 'Turkish' grandmother? What do you mean? From Azerbaijan, Turkey or South Azetbaijan in Iran? What kind of Turkish

Last Online
    2017-08-13 @ 10:39
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA
    L2a
    Metaethnos
    North-African
    Ethnicity
    Arabophone
    Tunisia

Quote Originally Posted by Khashoor View Post
    Lol Numidian, from Anthroscape is going to get mad at you if he reads this.
    I've spent 6 years in Tunis and nearly 20 years in Sfax and Sahel and I've visited all parts of Tunisia as well as Libya Algeria and Morocco many times so you could trust me when I speak about phenotypic variation in North Africa at least for my native country.
    Herein some other crowd pictures to back my point:

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dddcc For This Useful Post:

Khashoor (2017-07-16), Targum (2017-07-16)

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00

Quote Originally Posted by dddcc View Post
    I've spent 6 years in Tunis and nearly 20 years in Sfax and Sahel and I've visited all parts of Tunisia as well as Libya Algeria and Morocco many times so you could trust me when I speak about phenotypic variation in North Africa at least for my native country.
    Herein some other crowd pictures to back my point:

Yes indeed you know a lot. When I mentioned that Numidian ( a North African user from Anthroscape) won't like it if he read this" is the part that you mentioned "looking more like Pardos" in this:
    Many people have the impression that Tunisians on the whole tend to have an Arabic look, in reality they look more like Pardos.
    I will explain more in PM if you want.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25