User Tag List

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
Results 241 to 246 of 246

Thread: Which ethnicities/countries look different from their stereotype1473 days old

  1. #241
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist tauromenion's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 23:23
    Join Date
    2012-08-09
    Posts
    7,107
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Moderate.
    Italy Sicily-II Greece Portugal Israel Star of David Poland Cape Verde

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    he is a saying that northern italians mixed with criollos/mestizos and such will create a southern italian phenotype which is true

    Not with criollo but with mestizo yes, because it makes a pseudo East Med look.

    North Italian + Iberian will not likely look southern Italian.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  3. #242
    Regular Member
    Junior Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:33
    Join Date
    2017-06-03
    Posts
    59
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    G-l30
    mtDNA
    U7
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Metaethnos
    Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Persian, Turkic
    Politics
    Center-Left
    Religion
    Zoroastrianism
    United States Islamic Republic of Iran Afghanistan Azerbaijan Georgia India

    Default Iranic, MENA (especially Algeria, Morocco), Japan, and Mongolia

    I find the Iranian countries of Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan to be similar and distinct from each other, with huge amounts of diversity and varying phenotypes. Dark hair is common, but a lot of people have red hair as well, and I was born with red hair which went dark. Before it was dark many people thought I was from northern Spain or southern France, a "conquistador" look, but then I had this weird nose/lips shape so they thought I was some sort of Russian Tatar, then as I got older my hair and eyes darkened to pitch black rather than red and hazel and suddenly I started getting called Saudi. Was a very big change.

    Berber areas typically have light brown hair, and occasionally have light eyes. Blondness seems more common than further east, and they have a very unique appearance. Not like other MENA people, but not like sub-Saharan Africans either, though they have hints of that. All stereotyped as being "Arab looking" like Iraqis and Syrians.

    Where I am, all Asiatic people bundle together and believe they have some sort of pan Asian ancestry, when they all look totally different. The Japanese typically have a rounder face and look kind of Caucasian, but barely, the Koreans and Mongolians have thin eyes and pronounced Cheekbones, while Mongolians look almost Turkish (my Turkish grandmother looks like a blonde Mongol+Central European), and the Chinese are extremely diverse depending on where you are. A few from the south have round faces, thin eyes, but then dark skin and wavy hair, while in the north they have very pale skin, very thin face and look almost like they're mixed with Latino (Not literally, but that's the best way I could summarize their appearance, they don't look totally "Asian" like some of the southern types.

    - - - Updated - - -

    That's interesting. They have another one of those "distinctive" appearances. They look Mediterranean and Berber obviously but at the same time there are influences which don't exist in other people groups. Dividing the Mediterranean North to South only occasionally works. There's also a lot of diverse phenotypes in that crowd.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Khazars maybe?

  4. #243
    Regular Member
    Race Scientist
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00
    Join Date
    2015-06-08
    Posts
    185
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dddcc View Post
    Many people have the impression that Tunisians on the whole tend to have an Arabic look, in reality they look more like Pardos.
    Here a crowd of Tunisian squad Club Africain supporters

    Flamengo fc supporters
    Lol Numidian, from Anthroscape is going to get mad at you if he reads this.

  5. #244
    Established Member
    good Member
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-07-03
    Posts
    1,561
    Gender
    Zimbabwe

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager14 View Post
    Where I am, all Asiatic people bundle together and believe they have some sort of pan Asian ancestry, when they all look totally different. The Japanese typically have a rounder face and look kind of Caucasian, but barely, the Koreans and Mongolians have thin eyes and pronounced Cheekbones, while Mongolians look almost Turkish (my Turkish grandmother looks like a blonde Mongol+Central European), and the Chinese are extremely diverse depending on where you are. A few from the south have round faces, thin eyes, but then dark skin and wavy hair, while in the north they have very pale skin, very thin face and look almost like they're mixed with Latino (Not literally, but that's the best way I could summarize their appearance, they don't look totally "Asian" like some of the southern types.
    Your 'Turkish' grandmother? What do you mean? From Azerbaijan, Turkey or South Azetbaijan in Iran? What kind of Turkish

  6. #245
    Regular Member
    Race Scientist dddcc's Avatar
    Last Online
    2017-08-13 @ 10:39
    Join Date
    2016-05-07
    Posts
    109
    Gender
    Age
    28
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA
    L2a
    Metaethnos
    North-African
    Ethnicity
    Arabophone
    Tunisia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khashoor View Post
    Lol Numidian, from Anthroscape is going to get mad at you if he reads this.
    I've spent 6 years in Tunis and nearly 20 years in Sfax and Sahel and I've visited all parts of Tunisia as well as Libya Algeria and Morocco many times so you could trust me when I speak about phenotypic variation in North Africa at least for my native country.
    Herein some other crowd pictures to back my point:




  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dddcc For This Useful Post:

    Khashoor (2017-07-16), Targum (2017-07-16)

  8. #246
    Regular Member
    Race Scientist
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00
    Join Date
    2015-06-08
    Posts
    185
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dddcc View Post
    I've spent 6 years in Tunis and nearly 20 years in Sfax and Sahel and I've visited all parts of Tunisia as well as Libya Algeria and Morocco many times so you could trust me when I speak about phenotypic variation in North Africa at least for my native country.
    Herein some other crowd pictures to back my point:



    Yes indeed you know a lot. When I mentioned that Numidian ( a North African user from Anthroscape) won't like it if he read this" is the part that you mentioned "looking more like Pardos" in this:
    Many people have the impression that Tunisians on the whole tend to have an Arabic look, in reality they look more like Pardos.
    I will explain more in PM if you want.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Similar Threads

  1. swedish stereotype
    By Resurrection in forum Skandinaviskt Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 2015-03-23, 01:50
  2. Are homogenous countries safer than multi-ethnic countries?
    By DogHouse in forum Race & Ethnicity in Society
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 2014-09-30, 09:28
  3. South Asian stereotype
    By Iyengar in forum Physical Anthropology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2011-12-30, 09:13
  4. Cartoon stereotype of Asians
    By amenoameno in forum Asia & Oceania
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2010-10-28, 18:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<