Phenotype
    Goldwindid Sudanid
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya
    England Jamaica Skull and crossbones

Quote Originally Posted by Berber_Warrior View Post
    The fact is that E1a is a non negroid"west african" haplogroup, since it was found in Precolonial Guanches 3,33% and it's found in actual Berbers in small quantities, the interesting thing is that the major west african haplogroup E1b1a was not found among precolonial guanches and it's rare in actual berbers "not found in somes" unlike E1a who is found but in small quantities".

Another interesting fact is that the people who cares this haplogroup "Dogons" have a high level of west eurasian admixture, unlike they west african neighbours.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...7/#!po=2.50000

In some words this people "dogon" are close to tuaregs and saharan peoples than to the other west africans.
    Tishkof et al Dogon samples were faulty. The Dogon are very much West African and seldom differ from the other surrounding West African populations genetically. Also there are more NW African Berbers carrying Y-DNA E-M2/E1b1a clades than Y-DNA E1a/E-M33 clades. Even one of your own links prove it.

Frequency chart

Here's a neat graph of the results

Also think about this. Most NW African populations pull towards West Africans genetically but rarely is it the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    There were many haplogroups found in Guanches the low frequency of E1a in Guanches cannot mean it is non-negroid.E1a is purely SSA. But even if there are non-West African haplogroups found in West Africa, it very much doesn't mean foreign admixture. People are hung up on that flawed notion. The Dogon themselves are perfect example of showing high Eurasian admixture but not showing phenotype similar to Woodabe and Fula who are thought to have high admixture,that is because some of these markers are erroneously labeled.
    As I said previously:
    1. Faulty Dogon samples used in the Tishkoff et al study
    2. The Dogon have very little Western Eurasian genes and are very much like their surrounding populations genetically (i.e. the Mandinka, Bambara etc)

The Guanches haplogroups are similar to those of other north africans, I think E1a is more related to E3b than to E3a, since E1a is always accompanied by E3b "even in west africa" unlike the rapport between E1a and E3a.
    Wrong! Y-DNA hg E-M2/E1b1a is always found with Y-DNA hg E1a/E-M33 in West African populations. Y-DNA hg E1b1b is rare in West Africa and mainly found amongst the Tuaregs.

Some Dogons also have some northafrican features. low forehead, eye shape.
    look at these ones:

More like the other way round. Some NW African Berbers have West African features!

Badr Hari

Maroua Kharbouch - Miss Gibraltar 2013 of Moroccan descent!

Those West African genes are strong! LOL

I think E1a is in fact a West African associated haplogroup. The E1a descends from E-P147 which also gave birth to other West African Y-DNA markers. The peculiar part of this haplogroup is that it is found in the Sudan and Morocco, but I will probably call this marker an old Capsian haplogroup that goes back for ages. The Guanches carry R1b @ 50.00% and have other Eurasian markers in their genepool.

They are possibly from an old Capsian expansion into the Canary Islands.
    I more or less agree with you here. It's clear that during the "Wet Sahara" phase it was inhabited by Niger-Congo/Kordofanians (i.e. Today's West Africans) that were carrying Y-DNA hg E1a/E-M33 and E-M2. As the Sahara became drier and more arid and more populations from the east (the proto berbers) came encroaching and settling, some of this Wet Sahara population either moved north and began to mix and bond with the "proto berbers", some moved with the drying Sahara and some moved south and settled amongst their West African kin.
    This is probably the main reason why NW Africans pull towards West Africans genetically.
    Last edited by Iron Hand; 2014-06-08 at 19:20.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iron Hand For This Useful Post:

Gabi (2014-06-08), pgbk87 (2014-06-08), Power77 (2017-07-25)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    E2b1
    mtDNA
    M35b2
    Metaethnos
    New World Blackish
    Phenotype
    New World Black
    Politics
    Dollarcrat
    Religion
    Divine Success
    Guyana United States Ghana Sudan

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    round.

As I said previously:
    1. Faulty Dogon samples used in the Tishkoff et al study
    2. The Dogon have very little Western Eurasian genes and are very much like their surrounding populations genetically (i.e. the Mandinka, Bambara etc)
    The findings for Eurasian admixture in other African populations are faulty themselves, but the fact is you can't single out as not having Eurasian admixture as the rest of the suspected populations like the Fulani that are surmised to have some.There are some Nilotes that have Eurasian admixture yet, some of these groups don't fit the description for being highly admixed.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel For This Useful Post:

Gabi (2014-06-08), Power77 (2017-07-25)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    E2b1
    mtDNA
    M35b2
    Metaethnos
    New World Blackish
    Phenotype
    New World Black
    Politics
    Dollarcrat
    Religion
    Divine Success
    Guyana United States Ghana Sudan

The findings for Eurasian admixture in other African populations are faulty themselves, but the fact is you can't single out as not having Eurasian admixture as the rest of the suspected populations like the Fulani that are surmised to have some.There are some Nilotes that have Eurasian admixture yet, some of these groups don't fit the description for being highly admixed.
    Let me clarify, there are Nilotes that are blue blacks with Eurasian admixture and no one would make a supposition of them being admixed.

I would agree the Dogon Eurasian admixture is a false positive,but they contain an ancient Sahelian genetic components that are present in populations like Fulani which gives them a reading as admixed for them as well.So if the Dogon are not admixed neither are the other Sahelian populations.

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Berber_Warrior's Avatar
    Last Online
    2016-06-18 @ 02:59
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    Moor
    Ethnicity
    Moroccan
    Phenotype
    Berberid + Atlanto-med
    Morocco Amazigh Amazigh Morocco

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    Tishkof et al Dogon samples were faulty. The Dogon are very much West African and seldom differ from the other surrounding West African populations genetically. Also there are more NW African Berbers carrying Y-DNA E-M2/E1b1a clades than Y-DNA E1a/E-M33 clades. Even one of your own links prove it.

Frequency chart

Here's a neat graph of the results

Also think about this. Most NW African populations pull towards West Africans genetically but rarely is it the other way round.
    No E1b1a in Precolonial Guanches nor in Taforalt, and Afalou.
    But the E1a was founded.

More like the other way round. Some NW African Berbers have West African features!

Badr Hari

Maroua Kharbouch - Miss Gibraltar 2013 of Moroccan descent!

Those West African genes are strong! LOL
    Go home you drunk, LMAO strong west african genes just because you have curly hairs and a broken nose ahahahaha .
    god cherrypicking anyway

So according to you Celtics have strong west african genes ?

Last Online
    2014-07-15 @ 21:53
    Y-DNA
    E1a
    Race
    Caucasian
    United States England

Default I tested as E1a with Genebase and FTDNA

I enjoy reading the information that is posted regarding E1a and hope that new information continues to become available. Changes to how FTDNA display Haplogroups in their Haplotree lists mine as E-M132 now.
    Tests taken: M132+, M96+, P147+, L133-, L94-, M41-, M44-, M75-, M98-, P110-.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to clwoodcox For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2017-07-25)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    E1b1b1a1b1a
    mtDNA
    D1
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Med looking
    Paraguay Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    i found some info on this haplogroup

The E1a subclade (SNP M132) has been scattered over Africa, but usually at low frequencies. Reports suggest that it is highest in Sub-Saharan Africa, though it has been observed in North Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Egypt). Its highest level has been reported in Mali (34%) and it has a reported TMRCA of ~14kya.

- - - Updated - - -

for you here is some info about your haplogroup, i think it has a northeastern african origin

E1b1b1a3 (V22) is at its peak frequency in parts of Northeast Africa (e.g. Egypt 4-20%). It has significant frequencies many other locations (Ethiopia 25%, Sudan 23%, Kenya 11%, Morocco7%). Like E1b1b1a1 (V12), this subclade may have migrated south from Egypt to Sudan. It has also been found in Sicily, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and many other locations, making it a fairly far flung subclade. The estimates for the TMRCA of this subclade are 9-11kya.
    they painted whole of Mali.. Northern Mali has berber people, lots of them

There is/was a civil war for independence there,

Is E1a present in tuareg people there in mali, or other berbers?
    # Population Percent
    1 Mediterranean 25.47
    2 NE-Euro 25.41
    3 American 13.52
    4 Caucasian 13.41
    5 W-African 9.47
    6 SW-Asian 6.2
    7 Baloch 4.32
    8 S-Indian 0.97
    9 E-African 0.67
    10 Pygmy 0.57

Evolutionary Biologist NonFingo's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:28

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptc06 View Post
    Is E1a present in tuareg people there in mali, or other berbers?
    There are several clues that M33 has nothing to do with the Tuareg. One of these clues is that people closely related to them (i.e. other Afroasiatic speakers) don't have (much of) it. Based on everything that's known about this haplogroup, it's part of the pre-Berber North African hg pool that also includes other extant lineages found in the region.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NonFingo For This Useful Post:

Kriptc06 (2017-08-16), pgbk87 (2017-08-17), Power77 (2017-08-16)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    E1b1b1a1b1a
    mtDNA
    D1
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Med looking
    Paraguay Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by NonFingo View Post
    There are several clues that M33 has nothing to do with the Tuareg. One of these clues is that people closely related to them (i.e. other Afroasiatic speakers) don't have (much of) it. Based on everything that's known about this haplogroup, it's part of the pre-Berber North African hg pool that also includes other extant lineages found in the region.
    than that map that paints whole of Mali is wrong, as suspected
    # Population Percent
    1 Mediterranean 25.47
    2 NE-Euro 25.41
    3 American 13.52
    4 Caucasian 13.41
    5 W-African 9.47
    6 SW-Asian 6.2
    7 Baloch 4.32
    8 S-Indian 0.97
    9 E-African 0.67
    10 Pygmy 0.57

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriptc06 For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2017-08-16)

Evolutionary Biologist NonFingo's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:28

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptc06 View Post
    than that map that paints whole of Mali is wrong, as suspected
    They should have used dots to represent the sampling locations and piecharts to represent the haplogroup frequencies. Would have made for a crisper map.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NonFingo For This Useful Post:

Kriptc06 (2017-08-16)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4