Thread: Countries with the highest taxes2025 days old

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

The large lowering of taxes in my country the latest eight years was a succesful desiciscon. Boosted the economy.
    The Future was better before

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2016-07-19 @ 00:33
    R-FG1247
    mtDNA
    H1c9a

Taxes in the hand's of bureaucrats leads to waste and inefficiency, and usually to some type of social engineering as well. I'm in favor of charity, but of my choice, not by government coercion.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-04-28 @ 17:32
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    K1a1
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Pontid
    Metaethnos
    Euro
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Politics
    Silvio Berlusconi
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Poland United Kingdom

It does not really matter whether taxes are low or high, this is only a tool, what matters is whether there are money flowing around and boosting economy and whether the social life and structure is organised and developed or not.

The worse scenarios is with economies where there are high income gaps, masses of low paid/poor people and low taxes for the rich. In those cases economies get basically dead. The rich elite have very small needs and do not create demand, but at the same time suck off money off economy so there is no demand among wider population too, instead the money is invested abroad and within the countries there is stagnation and growing debts (the only way economy can function).

The best way is like in scandinavia- lower income gaps, relatively high salaries for most people and then the taxes. In those countries economy move ause people create demand and the state creates another stream of activity, it's economy on two legs, unlike the former, with no legs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muso View Post
    Taxes in the hand's of bureaucrats leads to waste and inefficiency, and usually to some type of social engineering as well. I'm in favor of charity, but of my choice, not by government coercion.
    Everyone says that, but in practice most peple have no idea about most issues and thats why there are taxes and bodies responsible for organising it.

Sparing the potential corruption and thefts its much better than if it was average John making decisions about things they have no clue about. There would be much more potential to cheat. Imagine ordinary people deciding how to build a motorway or how to organise a hospital.
    Am I right or am I wrong?

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2016-07-19 @ 00:33
    R-FG1247
    mtDNA
    H1c9a

Quote Originally Posted by Kwestos View Post
    It does not really matter whether taxes are low or high, this is only a tool, what matters is whether there are money flowing around and boosting economy and whether the social life and structure is organised and developed or not.

The worse scenarios is with economies where there are high income gaps, masses of low paid/poor people and low taxes for the rich. In those cases economies get basically dead. The rich elite have very small needs and do not create demand, but at the same time suck off money off economy so there is no demand among wider population too, instead the money is invested abroad and within the countries there is stagnation and growing debts (the only way economy can function).

The best way is like in scandinavia- lower income gaps, relatively high salaries for most people and then the taxes. In those countries economy move ause people create demand and the state creates another stream of activity, it's economy on two legs, unlike the former, with no legs.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone says that, but in practice most peple have no idea about most issues and thats why there are taxes and bodies responsible for organising it.

Sparing the potential corruption and thefts its much better than if it was average John making decisions about things they have no clue about. There would be much more potential to cheat. Imagine ordinary people deciding how to build a motorway or how to organise a hospital.
    I agree with you 100%. However, I prefer government to serve this kind of purpose, not all the social welfare programs. They may build a better road, but they don't operate a better health care system.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-04-13 @ 04:31

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Fresh list:
    http://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=REV

Denmark has the world’s highest taxes followed by Belgium and France.

Tax revenue as percentage of GDP 2012:

1. Denmark 48.0
    2. Belgium 45.3
    2. France 45.3
    4. Italy 44.4
    5. Sweden 44.3

Is it good or bad to have high taxes? Do the Danes and Belgians and Frenchmen gets their taxes worth it?
    Depends. If government expenditure is directed towards areas a great majority of citizens back, than taxes are very worthwhile, but in reality only a fraction of their revenue is really from taxes. Rather than imposing a high tax, its generally a better idea to impose a scaled tax-threshold which increases over a series of income brackets, so long as it does not discourage people from striving for a higher income. To be honest I don't know too much about these three, but I can tell you that the French for too long have enjoyed superior employment conditions when compared to other countries, ie nice short working hour weeks, long PAID holiday leave, long sick leave, etc. This is even more of a problem when you consider a greater percentage of French people work in the public sector compared to other countries, so really tax payers are indirectly paying through their nose to enjoy such lush previliges. Scandinavian countries have excellent social welfare, so I can see why they are heavy taxers.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

Freash list:
    http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset...ps1yunxU#page1

1. Denmark (46.6 % of GDP)
    2. France (45.5 % of GDP)
    3. Belgium (44.8 % of GDP)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

Speaking about the Nordic model, if you compare the tax burden in OECD countries, there are countries like Belgium that have higher tax burden than some Nordic countries.
    http://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=REV

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    The large lowering of taxes in my country the latest eight years was a succesful desiciscon. Boosted the economy.
    Yeah that didn’t work out too well for many countries in the long run.

As much as I complain my tax burden is too damn high, I’d rather live in a functioning society and pay more tax than in the Thunderdome and pay less tax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2