User Tag List

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 145

Thread: Which group of NWB have the most Central African ancestry?1802 days old

  1. #131
    Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno Shaquille's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-11-25
    Posts
    3,813
    Location
    هولندا
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Y-DNA
    J-M172, West Asia/MENA
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2, SSA
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Scepticism
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands CARICOM

    Default

    Anyway what about Colombia? Didn't they also had a large amount of slaves from the Kongo Kingdom?
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

    "I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men" Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

    "We do not consider our principles as dogmas contained in books that are said to come from heaven. We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or from an unseen world, but directly from life." Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

    "You came today because of a craving and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer...you come today because you crave something new, something different. It is said that I hate Les Non-Magiques. The Muggles. The No-Maj. The Can't-Spells. I do not hate them. I do not. For I do not fight out of hatred. I say the Muggles are not lesser, but other. Not worthless, but of other value. Not disposable, but of a different disposition. Magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who live for higher things. Oh, and what a world we could make, for all of humanity. We who live for freedom, for truth and for love..." Gellert Grindlewald


    My blog: http://dutchcaribbeanroots.blogspot.com/?m=1

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Location
    ForumBiodiversity.com
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  3. #132
    Regular Member
    [~]|Half Aruban, Half American|[~]
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:16
    Join Date
    2018-09-04
    Posts
    573
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    Ghanaian/Bantu/Europe
    Ethnicity
    African + NW European
    Phenotype
    Bantu-Sudanid + White
    Aruba Congo Democratic Republic Kenya Angola Ghana Nigeria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hispaniola View Post
    king, go to africa if you want to brother. travel the world and enjoy it

    but shaquille is right at the end a the day, because it has been too long now, its fine to be proud of where you come from, but think about one generation is 25 years on average. women would give birth to children typically between the ages of 20-25, some younger or a little older. but if u trace back how long the ABC islands and the caribbean has been established, its gonna be somewhere between 7-16 generations on average, which would be something of 175-400 years. that means that if u r pure caribbean, you have to go back and trace well over 200 something years ATLEAST or more, to find out your origins without dna testing and even dna testing is too broad, its too news to really fully grasp your origins. i was like you, i was obssessed with finding out where my euro and african origins traced to specifically and how were they?

    i will say this, u dont have to go back in time to know what happened, when its all around u. if you look closely enough u might find what ur looking for. present events still show the influence of past events. however, your still just aruban

    as of now, im not as nation proud as before, i am human proud, im proud to be human, being part of the human race

    if u mean africa by identifying the possible origins of the human family from all over the world that is to be respected and those who were stolen from africa, but they were human just like anyone else, nothing different

    im a powerlifter, all races have the same limitations and potential tbh, no one is better than no one, the only thing that may seperate us in that is the perks in which we r already born with, some ppl r born already althetic, but the unathletic one can still be as good as the one born with that perk because we r all the same at the end of the day. it is not like us human compared to a cromagnun, if they were still around they would kill us in physically fighting and strength cause they r another literally another race of humans (hominids), but we r all the human race, the same shit

    well i definitely agree with you, Northern europeans have the potentional to become super strong, West africans, Arabs, EVEN Ethiopians and Somalis.

    and yeah, i dont need to go to the past, i know what my family is. My family is on average 75-90% African and i can see this in them. Medium brown skin in them says nothing, they look like they could be pure negroid to me. They have barely existant nosebridges, the only part of their nose that clearly sticks out is their nosetip, and that points down and is flat.

    One of my aunts has a BIG fat bantu or west african nose, like its the width of a tennisball like damn XD but yeah, its not a surprise to me that the possiblity i am 45-50% african is definitely true, i probably didnt inherit my mom's european percentage (i shouldve inherited 4-7% dutch from her, but since tests give me 42% european, and 44% european i know that i didnt inherit it)

    and what it is, im not really "obsessed" with my ancestry, i want to proof to those TA motherfuckers that i was never 71% european to begin with, they dont even know how wrong they are. That is the reason i totally went full out to find the truth, i will proof those mothafuckers wrong and show them that i am truly a afro-caribbean, mulatto, or a black.

    If i had afro-textured hair like my mother and her family nobody would've guessed i was quadroon, arab, puerto rican, or 71% european, you know this, i know this xD

    to be considered black by 75% of the world, you need to have afro-textured hair, african features, a african skullshape, and a african body structure. even if you are lightskin everyone will recognize you as black if you possess all these mentioned traits, and if you have more traits like a african face shape (like me, my faceshape is bantu-influenced, which is why ppl mistake me for asian, or mexican cuz both have broad faces)

    if i were to show you a new picture of me with my cap and hoodie on and you'd pay attention to my facial features youd say i was black definitely xD my face has gotten more mature over the year since ive become 18 years old recently
    MyGenomeBox results:



    Xcode Life 2.0 results:



    YourDNAPortal K7 test results:



    ^ (near eastern = ethiopian + european)

  4. #133
    Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno Shaquille's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-11-25
    Posts
    3,813
    Location
    هولندا
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Y-DNA
    J-M172, West Asia/MENA
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2, SSA
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Scepticism
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands CARICOM

    Default

    @Hispaniola Is the Congo ancestry in Dominicans the majority?
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

    "I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men" Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

    "We do not consider our principles as dogmas contained in books that are said to come from heaven. We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or from an unseen world, but directly from life." Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

    "You came today because of a craving and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer...you come today because you crave something new, something different. It is said that I hate Les Non-Magiques. The Muggles. The No-Maj. The Can't-Spells. I do not hate them. I do not. For I do not fight out of hatred. I say the Muggles are not lesser, but other. Not worthless, but of other value. Not disposable, but of a different disposition. Magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who live for higher things. Oh, and what a world we could make, for all of humanity. We who live for freedom, for truth and for love..." Gellert Grindlewald


    My blog: http://dutchcaribbeanroots.blogspot.com/?m=1

  5. #134
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Hispaniola's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:32
    Join Date
    2017-08-14
    Posts
    357
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    Quadroon
    Spain Dominican Republic Ethiopia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    @Hispaniola Is the Congo ancestry in Dominicans the majority?
    well, this is a tough one

    according to this paper


    it seems to indicate that the bulk majority of our slaves came from that area but our dna suggest something else

    according to the dna of dominicans african ancestry, the one that predominates and only by a tiny slight is the senegambian region, second i believe is the congo/bantu, and third but pretty much on par with the bantu is nigeria and its surrounding areas, lemme see if i can find the report


    i have to also add, despite the senegambian ancestry seeming to predominante by a little, there seems to be a lot of black dominicans who are in the extremes when it comes to african origins. many afro dominicans have tested to be from mainly one african origin, iv seen results of some dominicans being mainly nigerian, while others ghanaian/ivorian, and almost purely bantu

    so im not too sure, but it is defoinitely strong in our culture, if you want my honest opinion and thouights on this based on my own observations, i believe so yes the bantu/angolan/congolese ancestry predominates in DR but only by a little, only slightly predominating, definitely not like mexico or brazil. i think our african origins looks closer to that of the ABC islands, many afro dominicans and curacaoans overlap alot, sometimes i cannot even tell em apart, same with afro ricans but afro ricans seem to be more upper west african than bantu compared to afro cubans and dominicans

    haitians on the hand are very congolese, but haitians r literally 50/50 dahomey (ewe/fon/yoruba) and congolese, and the history of escaped africans coming to our side of the island who spoke no french at all, made their way to DR only to further contribute to our already strong bantu ancestry

    - - - Updated - - -

    check it, but ;like i said, this is only based on a number of dominicans who tested, not our entire pop which is proly impossible to do
    Last edited by Hispaniola; 2018-12-06 at 15:03.

  6. #135
    Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno Shaquille's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-11-25
    Posts
    3,813
    Location
    هولندا
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Y-DNA
    J-M172, West Asia/MENA
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2, SSA
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Scepticism
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands CARICOM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hispaniola View Post
    well, this is a tough one

    according to this paper


    it seems to indicate that the bulk majority of our slaves came from that area but our dna suggest something else

    according to the dna of dominicans african ancestry, the one that predominates and only by a tiny slight is the senegambian region, second i believe is the congo/bantu, and third but pretty much on par with the bantu is nigeria and its surrounding areas, lemme see if i can find the report


    i have to also add, despite the senegambian ancestry seeming to predominante by a little, there seems to be a lot of black dominicans who are in the extremes when it comes to african origins. many afro dominicans have tested to be from mainly one african origin, iv seen results of some dominicans being mainly nigerian, while others ghanaian/ivorian, and almost purely bantu

    so im not too sure, but it is defoinitely strong in our culture, if you want my honest opinion and thouights on this based on my own observations, i believe so yes the bantu/angolan/congolese ancestry predominates in DR but only by a little, only slightly predominating, definitely not like mexico or brazil. i think our african origins looks closer to that of the ABC islands, many afro dominicans and curacaoans overlap alot, sometimes i cannot even tell em apart, same with afro ricans but afro ricans seem to be more upper west african than bantu compared to afro cubans and dominicans

    haitians on the hand are very congolese, but haitians r literally 50/50 dahomey (ewe/fon/yoruba) and congolese, and the history of escaped africans coming to our side of the island who spoke no french at all, made their way to DR only to further contribute to our already strong bantu ancestry

    - - - Updated - - -

    check it, but ;like i said, this is only based on a number of dominicans who tested, not our entire pop which is proly impossible to do
    The thing is that many of you guys share some ancestfiex with us because there was some illegal trade from Curacao to DR and perhaps Puerto Rico as well (Puerto Rican user @jibarodepr is my cousin).

    I also have many Dominican cousins on 23andme who are my 3rd cousins. For example regarding the ABC Islands we received many free blacks and mulattos from other Caribbean islands and also slaves who were sold from example Haiti to the ABC Islands.

    Also we received many blacks mainly from BWI to the ABC Islands so that also changed the African gene pool.

    And in you guys, you guys also received alot of Maroons and Cocolos and other blacks from other islands. And also the African-Americans.

    Why did y'all keep having a huge amount of Senegambian? Didn't the Spanish banned import of slaves from those areas because of slave revolts?
    Last edited by Shaquille; 2018-12-06 at 17:45.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

    "I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men" Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

    "We do not consider our principles as dogmas contained in books that are said to come from heaven. We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or from an unseen world, but directly from life." Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

    "You came today because of a craving and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer...you come today because you crave something new, something different. It is said that I hate Les Non-Magiques. The Muggles. The No-Maj. The Can't-Spells. I do not hate them. I do not. For I do not fight out of hatred. I say the Muggles are not lesser, but other. Not worthless, but of other value. Not disposable, but of a different disposition. Magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who live for higher things. Oh, and what a world we could make, for all of humanity. We who live for freedom, for truth and for love..." Gellert Grindlewald


    My blog: http://dutchcaribbeanroots.blogspot.com/?m=1

  7. #136
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Hispaniola's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:32
    Join Date
    2017-08-14
    Posts
    357
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    Quadroon
    Spain Dominican Republic Ethiopia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    The thing is that many of you guys share some ancestfiex with us because there was some illegal trade from Curacao to DR and perhaps Puerto Rico as well (Puerto Rican user @jibarodepr is my cousin).

    I also have many Dominican cousins on 23andme who are my 3rd cousins. For example regarding the ABC Islands we received many free blacks and mulattos from other Caribbean islands and also slaves who were sold from example Haiti to the ABC Islands.

    Also we received many blacks mainly from BWI to the ABC Islands so that also changed the African gene pool.

    And in you guys, you guys also received alot of Maroons and Cocolos and other blacks from other islands. And also the African-Americans.

    Why did y'all keep having a huge amount of Senegambian? Didn't the Spanish banned import of slaves from those areas because of slave revolts?
    the thing is that even though we did recieve other migrant freed black slaves, they did not impact our gene pool. meaning they r only about 5% of our entire ssa. the vast majority of our blacks r still purely dominican because we were the first place to ship african slaves and also at one point i read that port au prince did not have a good port established, so many of the slaves had to go thru santo domingo first in the beginning, at some point early on it changed and they pretty much were like everyone else

    remember, the spanish were the first europeans to discover and colonize hispaniola (not the french), spain had the whole island, the french only slowly started populating the west side, only cause the west side of the island it was bad land, you couldnt really grow much there, there were many spaniards on that side already with african slave cutting cane but it wasnt as much as the east part where forest had always been thriving. so at that time, the entire island was under spanish control and we had already imported alot of slaves, we already had the maroonage problem happening before any french speaking person came into hispaniola. our black pop is very dominican for that reason. the french slowly started populating hispaniola particular that of the west side, and but then they started populating so much as to the point where in santiago (cibao region) u would see french and spanish men and women married eachother and this caused concern to the dominican government, where they sent out a letter to spain about the situation and the fear of a possible french population overthrowing the spanish enarchy in hispaniola, so thats when the seperation happened, but this was around the late 1600s and so this led to the famous canarian migration everyone knows about. but in our case the canarian migration stopped too early, they stopped comming in the waves they were comming around 1750, from then on then the pop of DR stayed more or less the same, however due the constant slave revolts, maroons, and haitian invasians, most whites in DR left and we became basically just black/mulatto majority ever since with a white minority. at that time still many haitians did not speak french or creole, but a very bad form of creole and african languages. this is why DR spanish is not french influenced but rather african influenced. but this is another subject

    to answer your question about african origins, we have one a the most mixed african origins in the new world because of what happened and freed slaves still africanized migrants into DR
    Last edited by Hispaniola; 2018-12-06 at 18:37.

  8. #137
    Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno Shaquille's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-11-25
    Posts
    3,813
    Location
    هولندا
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Y-DNA
    J-M172, West Asia/MENA
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2, SSA
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Scepticism
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands CARICOM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hispaniola View Post
    the thing is that even though we did recieve other migrant freed black slaves, they did not impact our gene pool. meaning they r only about 5% of our entire ssa. the vast majority of our blacks r still purely dominican because we were the first place to ship african slaves and also at one point i read that port au prince did not have a good port established, so many of the slaves had to go thru santo domingo first in the beginning, at some point early on it changed and they pretty much were like everyone else

    remember, the spanish were the first europeans to discover and colonize hispaniola (not the french), spain had the whole island, the french only slowly started populating the west side, only cause the west side of the island it was bad land, you couldnt really grow much there, there were many spaniards on that side already with african slave cutting cane but it wasnt as much as the east part where forest had always been thriving. so at that time, the entire island was under spanish control and we had already imported alot of slaves, we already had the maroonage problem happening before any french speaking person came into hispaniola. our black pop is very dominican for that reason. the french slowly started populating hispaniola particular that of the west side, and but then they started populating so much as to the point where in santiago (cibao region) u would see french and spanish men and women married eachother and this caused concern to the dominican government, where they sent out a letter to spain about the situation and the fear of a possible french population overthrowing the spanish enarchy in hispaniola, so thats when the seperation happened, but this was around the late 1600s and so this led to the famous canarian migration everyone knows about. but in our case the canarian migration stopped too early, they stopped comming in the waves they were comming around 1750, from then on then the pop of DR stayed more or less the same, however due the constant slave revolts, maroons, and haitian invasians, most whites in DR left and we became basically just black/mulatto majority ever since with a white minority. at that time still many haitians did not speak french or creole, but a very bad form of creole and african languages. this is why DR spanish is not french influenced but rather african influenced. but this is another subject

    to answer your question about african origins, we have one a the most mixed african origins in the new world because of what happened and freed slaves still africanized migrants into DR
    Black/mulatto? Y'all a Mulatto majority with a white and black minority. Our African origins is pretty much mixed too since the Kongolese ancestry only predominates slightly above Beninese and Ghanaian. With the remainder being from different parts of Africa.

    We also had some Maroon problems although we decide to either fight against the slave masters, or flee to Venezuela to establish communities which still exist to this day.

    Pretty logically that those only impact the afro gene pool by mere 5%, y'all a huge ass country. We are a very small population.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

    "I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men" Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

    "We do not consider our principles as dogmas contained in books that are said to come from heaven. We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or from an unseen world, but directly from life." Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

    "You came today because of a craving and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer...you come today because you crave something new, something different. It is said that I hate Les Non-Magiques. The Muggles. The No-Maj. The Can't-Spells. I do not hate them. I do not. For I do not fight out of hatred. I say the Muggles are not lesser, but other. Not worthless, but of other value. Not disposable, but of a different disposition. Magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who live for higher things. Oh, and what a world we could make, for all of humanity. We who live for freedom, for truth and for love..." Gellert Grindlewald


    My blog: http://dutchcaribbeanroots.blogspot.com/?m=1

  9. #138
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Hispaniola's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:32
    Join Date
    2017-08-14
    Posts
    357
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    Quadroon
    Spain Dominican Republic Ethiopia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    Black/mulatto? Y'all a Mulatto majority with a white and black minority. Our African origins is pretty much mixed too since the Kongolese ancestry only predominates slightly above Beninese and Ghanaian. With the remainder being from different parts of Africa.

    We also had some Maroon problems although we decide to either fight against the slave masters, or flee to Venezuela to establish communities which still exist to this day.

    Pretty logically that those only impact the afro gene pool by mere 5%, y'all a huge ass country. We are a very small population.
    tbh, our black pop is bigger than our white

    its like this (majority mulatto, then black, then white) you will not find many dominicans who look like trump, but ppl who look like wesly snipes yes alot more common

    latest info i found put us at 45% mulatto, 40% black, and 15% white
    http://hisprint.org/dominican-republ...nican-republic
    http://hisprint.org/filerequest/9396
    https://prezi.com/d5cmigynclvl/dominican-republic/

    thats y its only 5% that influenced us, our pop is too big
    Last edited by Hispaniola; 2018-12-06 at 21:16.

  10. #139
    Regular Member
    Junior Member Leyva's Avatar
    Last Online
    2018-12-06 @ 21:26
    Join Date
    2012-06-19
    Posts
    127
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    E-V22
    mtDNA
    L3e
    Race
    Triracial
    Ethnicity
    mexican
    Phenotype
    Atlanto Med/SSA
    Mexico Israel Star of David

    Default

    I think Mexicans are more of a mixture of Senegambia and Central Africa
    These are my results

  11. #140
    Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno Shaquille's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-11-25
    Posts
    3,813
    Location
    هولندا
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Y-DNA
    J-M172, West Asia/MENA
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2, SSA
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Scepticism
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands CARICOM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leyva View Post
    I think Mexicans are more of a mixture of Senegambia and Central Africa
    These are my results
    For real?
    @Celph Titled I thought yall were only Angolans.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

    "I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men" Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

    "We do not consider our principles as dogmas contained in books that are said to come from heaven. We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or from an unseen world, but directly from life." Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

    "You came today because of a craving and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer...you come today because you crave something new, something different. It is said that I hate Les Non-Magiques. The Muggles. The No-Maj. The Can't-Spells. I do not hate them. I do not. For I do not fight out of hatred. I say the Muggles are not lesser, but other. Not worthless, but of other value. Not disposable, but of a different disposition. Magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who live for higher things. Oh, and what a world we could make, for all of humanity. We who live for freedom, for truth and for love..." Gellert Grindlewald


    My blog: http://dutchcaribbeanroots.blogspot.com/?m=1

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2014-04-18, 13:25
  2. Central African Republic (Central Africans)
    By TerryCarr in forum Africa
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2012-12-12, 12:57
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2012-11-04, 17:49
  4. African Americans getting thier African Ancestry results
    By jonboyclem in forum Genetic DNA Companies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2012-10-16, 20:49
  5. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 2011-05-25, 14:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<