Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Leyva View Post
    I think Mexicans are more of a mixture of Senegambia and Central Africa
    These are my results
    Cool results, have you tested with AncestryDNA?

I'm curious how 23 and Ancestry differ regarding the African components.
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    For real?
    @Celph Titled I thought yall were only Angolans.
    We are majority Angolan with minor other, usually always Senegal or whatever
    also I am sure Angolans will be scoring some Senegal/Senegambian, I doubt they will be 100% Central African, not even other Africans score 100% their ethnic group on these DNA results, so therefore, some of that West African is actually part of the Angolan ancestry

Leyva is only 8.3% West African, but keep in mind that Central Africans are not going to score 100% Congo or whatever, so hes actually less than 8.3% West African, lets take away 3% from that. So yeah, West African in Mexicans is still very irrelevant overall, while Angolan blood is the majority

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J-M172, West Asia/MENA
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2, SSA
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Scepticism
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands CARICOM

@Celph Titled Thank you for clarifying my dude!

@Hispaniola

When I was reading Lemba's blog, I read that you guys also have individuals who may have higher Senegalese or higher Nigeria or higher Mali etc. I think alot of Caribbean islands have a diversity of African ethnic groups.

The only way to be sure is having African DNA relatives. I got like three mixed race cousins in 23andme who are half African so I need to see if I match them with a euro segment or afro, if afro than I need to ask them where their afro parent came from.

But most of these people never respond pfff. But do you know how to see that?
    Last edited by Shaquille; 2018-12-07 at 10:07.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

"I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men" Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

"We do not consider our principles as dogmas contained in books that are said to come from heaven. We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or from an unseen world, but directly from life." Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

"You came today because of a craving and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer...you come today because you crave something new, something different. It is said that I hate Les Non-Magiques. The Muggles. The No-Maj. The Can't-Spells. I do not hate them. I do not. For I do not fight out of hatred. I say the Muggles are not lesser, but other. Not worthless, but of other value. Not disposable, but of a different disposition. Magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who live for higher things. Oh, and what a world we could make, for all of humanity. We who live for freedom, for truth and for love..." Gellert Grindlewald

My blog: http://dutchcaribbeanroots.blogspot.com/?m=1

Last Online
    Today @ 00:58
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Black
    Religion
    Christian
    Congo Democratic Republic Belgium

Regarding the Dutch Antilles (Where I am from) and Suriname, the majority of our ancestors indeed came from the Kongo Kingdom (DRC Congo, Angola, Cameroon etc) although we have a good portion of Beninese and Ghanaian ancestry as well.
    Cameroon never been part of the Kongo kingdom. It was the southernmost part of Gabon, the Republic of Congo, western part of Democratic Republic of Congo and northern Angola. I read this about the Dutch Atlantic slave trade, it's very interesting.

The Dutch in the Atlantic Slave Trade, 1600-1815 (PDF)

Anyway what about Colombia? Didn't they also had a large amount of slaves from the Kongo Kingdom?
    Yes they had, especially the marron community in San Basilio de Palenque in Colombia. They speak a language called Palenquero which is a Spanish creole mixed with Kikongo words.

A TEDx Talks that links the origins of Palenque with those of the Yombe people (a subgroup of the Kongo people)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

these are my top 5, been proven with DNA

1. Mexico
    2. Brazil
    3. Uruguay (most of their blacks came from Brazil)
    4. Colombia
    5. Haiti

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15