Last Online
    @
    R1b1b2a
    mtDNA
    C4a1
    Metaethnos
    Turkic

Quote Originally Posted by karakoyunlu View Post
    Phenotypically they are indistinguishable from Persians and Turks.
    Come on, you know that's not true.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashina For This Useful Post:

Jander Sunstar (2012-06-28), Kyte (2011-01-24), umit (2011-01-24)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    2013-12-02 @ 10:46

People might get a misrepresentation of Kurds by Limeon's writings. He is not representative of his group of people at all. The majority of Kurds in Turkey are not like Limeon. Limeon is in one way far more nationalist than the sympathizers of the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP). The BDP, the nationalist kurdish party which wants to have an autonomous Kurdistan within Turkey never surpasses the 10% threshold. In fact, they do not get more then max. 7% of the votes nationwide. Not to concider that this 7% is got through severe pressure by the PKK in Southeastern Anatolia. I've a Kurdish friend who's father is a Kurdish activist and the PKK stormed into his house one day because his father criticized the armed movement.

To come to the point where he claims that half of Turkey is Kurdish is plain bullocks. I agree that there may be 15 million Kurds in Turkey and approximately 5 million mixed marriages. The BDP can't set foot on provinces where Kurds are a majority like Elazig or Sanliurfa. The reason why people from Tunceli are voting BDP is because they dislike state policies, not because they want to be a part of new Kurdish state, let alone want to be associated with Kurds. People from Tunceli are the most modern and educated people (and often the most revolutionairy) of Turkey, no way they will accept to be ruled by feodalist landowning conservatives.

I don't know where most of the people come from that Limeon posted, but I know some very good looking Turkish Kurds in Istanbul. Basically, if you don't take care of yourself you won't be attractive, unless your a natural beauty.
    Eastern Anatolian!.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atesh For This Useful Post:

karakoyunlu (2011-01-24)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2012-12-26 @ 20:25
    G2a, I1*, G2a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e, HV, HV4
    Ethnicity
    Oğuz Türk
    Turkey Azerbaijan Turkey North Cyprus China Gokturk Iran Timurid dynasty

Mountain Turkoman village. This should give you a better feel for Oghuz phenotypes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKJq_t-SlEY

Al sana bozulmamis Turkmen koyu. Turkler binlerce yildir Alpin, Sibirya, Dogu Asya fenotiplerini almis. Bu koyler 5-6 yuzyildir sadece Turkmen. Adi Turk, sozu Turk. Mogol'a benzer halleri yok. Al sana Turkoglu Turk limeon efendi

Bak sonunu da iyi dinle ne tur cicek takarsiniz diyor; sari-kirmizi-yesil. Ulan Turkmen renklerini de alip bayrak yaptiniz ya daha ne diyem size

Al bu da Domanic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRbKUT9DwVA
    Last edited by karakoyunlu; 2011-01-24 at 18:04.

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Atesh View Post
    People might get a misrepresentation of Kurds by Limeon's writings. He is not representative of his group of people at all. The majority of Kurds in Turkey are not like Limeon. Limeon is in one way far more nationalist than the sympathizers of the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP). The BDP, the nationalist kurdish party which wants to have an autonomous Kurdistan within Turkey never surpasses the 10% threshold. In fact, they do not get more then max. 7% of the votes nationwide. Not to concider that this 7% is got through severe pressure by the PKK in Southeastern Anatolia. I've a Kurdish friend who's father is a Kurdish activist and the PKK stormed into his house one day because his father criticized the armed movement.

To come to the point where he claims that half of Turkey is Kurdish is plain bullocks. I agree that there may be 15 million Kurds in Turkey and approximately 5 million mixed marriages. The BDP can't set foot on provinces where Kurds are a majority like Elazig or Sanliurfa. The reason why people from Tunceli are voting BDP is because they dislike state policies, not because they want to be a part of new Kurdish state, let alone want to be associated with Kurds. People from Tunceli are the most modern and educated people (and often the most revolutionairy) of Turkey, no way they will accept to be ruled by feodalist landowning conservatives.

I don't know where most of the people come from that Limeon posted, but I know some very good looking Turkish Kurds in Istanbul. Basically, if you don't take care of yourself you won't be attractive, unless your a natural beauty.

And you are a typical turk who came with non-sense.

There are over 20 million people of Kurdish origin in Turkey. These people have diverse backgrounds. Just because they are Kurds is not necessary that they should vote for Kurdish parties like BDP or supporting PKK.

The Turkish government has tried for over 80 years to brainwash people. Assimilate and turkifiy Kurds and other minorities in Turkey has been Turkey's program since the Republic was founded. But thanks to AKP they will stop these rats.

Kurds have no need to create a Kurdistan in Turkey's borders, because Turkey is already a "Kurdistan" since Turkey's culture is largely Kurdish and political is the Kurds who have power in all parties and cites.

We Kurds who believe that Turkey will return to a Kurdish majority, don't need to worry about the Kurdish nation.

Btw I'am one of the kurds who has integrated me into the Turkish society. Don't think that I'm an uneducated idiot. But I'm also just as pissed as most Turks who are tired of the situation. Just like Orhan Pamuk.

But since you Turks don't live in turkey so it is very easy for you and talking shit
    Last edited by limeon; 2011-01-24 at 21:01.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:38
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid