User Tag List

Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124
Results 1,231 to 1,235 of 1235

Thread: Mexican Genetic Discussion2016 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 14:10

In my research on my wife's family from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, I ran across many, many foreigners living there in the early 1900s. So seeing French and Anglo ancestry in someone from Monterrey doesn't seem too surprising. When the city began to industrialize in the 1860s it became a much more cosmopolitan place.

I have wondered how many progeny were conceived by Napoleon III's French troops sent to prop up the Emperor Maximilian's regime. I don't know if there's any truth to it, but I have read that Maximilian himself fathered a son out of wedlock while living in Mexico City.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebersdorf For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2019-08-31), Opie (Yesterday)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Ebersdorf View Post
    In my research on my wife's family from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, I ran across many, many foreigners living there in the early 1900s. So seeing French and Anglo ancestry in someone from Monterrey doesn't seem too surprising. When the city began to industrialize in the 1860s it became a much more cosmopolitan place.

I have wondered how many progeny were conceived by Napoleon III's French troops sent to prop up the Emperor Maximilian's regime. I don't know if there's any truth to it, but I have read that Maximilian himself fathered a son out of wedlock while living in Mexico City.
    French have always had a presence in Mexico, many came with the Spaniards, Portuguese, Italians and some Greeks to colonize what we now know as Mexico

The French already had a presence in Tampico, Tamaulipas for example, they would also go back in fourth between New Orleans and Tampico. 15 of the founders of Tampico were also of French origin, so French people have always been part of the development of Mexico from the early stages

I was arguing with a New Orleans guy on another forum who he wanted to claim that Tampico was influence by Creoles when in fact, only 53 Creoles made it to Tampico and that was much later, when the city was already founded and developed, not to mention that New Orleans was constructed and built by Mexicans since that area was managed by New Spain. And in that time, non-whites were NOT allowed to built anything, the building had to be constructed by either Criollos or Penninsulares, it was prohibited for non-whites to participate in that since it was a paying job.

So Creoles never built a damn thing in New Orleans, outside of New Orleans, that state is a shithole with shitty architecture

Now when it comes to those French troops, the first invasion of French in Mexico did consist of native French people, but the second wave of "French" were actually Africans from Algeria, Egypt and Sudan who were sent to Mexico to fight in the battle, it was that time when Mexico had lost and the French took over. The vast majority of those Africans were Egyptians

The British were also present in New Spain, they were trying to take control of Southern Mexico in particular the Yucatan pennisula, there was already a British settlement there, but there were getting captured by the colonizers who would throw them into prison in Oaxaca. Britain had their eyes on Southern Mexico, I believe if they would had actually succeeded, I guess we can say that Southern Mexico would have looked a lot like Belize (demographic wise), lots of blacks, zambos, and amerindians, because I know for a fact that they would have imported thousands of African slaves or even Caribbean blacks into that region

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

Ebersdorf (2019-09-02)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 14:10

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    French have always had a presence in Mexico, many came with the Spaniards, Portuguese, Italians and some Greeks to colonize what we now know as Mexico

The French already had a presence in Tampico, Tamaulipas for example, they would also go back in fourth between New Orleans and Tampico. 15 of the founders of Tampico were also of French origin, so French people have always been part of the development of Mexico from the early stages

I was arguing with a New Orleans guy on another forum who he wanted to claim that Tampico was influence by Creoles when in fact, only 53 Creoles made it to Tampico and that was much later, when the city was already founded and developed, not to mention that New Orleans was constructed and built by Mexicans since that area was managed by New Spain. And in that time, non-whites were NOT allowed to built anything, the building had to be constructed by either Criollos or Penninsulares, it was prohibited for non-whites to participate in that since it was a paying job.

So Creoles never built a damn thing in New Orleans, outside of New Orleans, that state is a shithole with shitty architecture

Now when it comes to those French troops, the first invasion of French in Mexico did consist of native French people, but the second wave of "French" were actually Africans from Algeria, Egypt and Sudan who were sent to Mexico to fight in the battle, it was that time when Mexico had lost and the French took over. The vast majority of those Africans were Egyptians

The British were also present in New Spain, they were trying to take control of Southern Mexico in particular the Yucatan pennisula, there was already a British settlement there, but there were getting captured by the colonizers who would throw them into prison in Oaxaca. Britain had their eyes on Southern Mexico, I believe if they would had actually succeeded, I guess we can say that Southern Mexico would have looked a lot like Belize (demographic wise), lots of blacks, zambos, and amerindians, because I know for a fact that they would have imported thousands of African slaves or even Caribbean blacks into that region
    Thanks for sharing this interesting information. I have been trying to track down the antecedents of an early 19th century Creole man in Louisiana named Simon Garcia. No relation to my family but the progenitor of a good friend. After reading your post, I'm thinking perhaps I should go looking for his roots in Tampico.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Half Indian and half Mexican
    she lives very close to Yuba City and that is the place where there is a large Punjabi/Mexican population, the community there is literally mix with both ethnicities and have their own cuisine

pheno wise, if I saw her, I would have thought she was Northern Indian or some type of Middle Eastern, and only because of her big large eyes, but if her eyes were normal size, she would easily pass for Mexican (not that she can't since Mexicans are diverse but im referring more to common phenotypes)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

Opie (Yesterday)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 16:36
    E1b1b1a2*, R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    L3b1a,L4b2,L3e1a2,U6a3
    Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med
    Dominican Republic African Union(OAS)

Guys come storm this thread, to see if 23andme can fix the new high unassigned most people with native admix now have

https://www.23andmeforums.com/discus...pdate/p1?new=1

Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124