User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The autism cure might be vitamin D in combination with omega-3 and tryptophan, study finds1316 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-06-25 @ 23:41
    N1c1*
    mtDNA
    H3g1
    Religion
    Evidence
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I believe it used to be common back in the days to feed children with cod liver oil, which is rich on Vitamin A and D.
    Yeah, that's what my mom made me take, too, when I was a kid. The mother of my father had no scientific education but she was wise. She told us not to take only a spoonful or two of it daily but to drink a good mouthful of the stuff straight from the bottle. That's what she did herself.

But actually my mother and I guess the most others, too, were careful not to give more than the recommended 10 ug per day - let it be in the form of pills or cod liver oil.
    Last edited by Jusarius; 2014-05-14 at 00:36.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jusarius For This Useful Post:

Ozrage (2014-06-13)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    @

Interesting find. I also think there might be a connection with some Asperger cases and high testosterone production in womb and in the newborn. In psychiatry Asperger is also known as 'Hyper-masculine brain'; this because of the lack of empathy and regard for social stimuli.

Some years ago there was supposedly a connection on vaccines an autism. Not sure about that one, to be honest I never saw a conclusive study regarding those findings, although, antibiotic abuse in small children CAN help develop autism if it's fixated in the genomic code of the kid.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Very interesting.... I have bipolar and also have been diagnosed with low vitamin D (despite living in a very sunny climate). Also, my sister has multiple sclerosis, which has also been shown to be linked with low vitamin D. Could be that our bodies don't hold on to the vitamin that well? Or don't produce it?

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by larali View Post
    Very interesting.... I have bipolar and also have been diagnosed with low vitamin D (despite living in a very sunny climate). Also, my sister has multiple sclerosis, which has also been shown to be linked with low vitamin D. Could be that our bodies don't hold on to the vitamin that well? Or don't produce it?
    You should always make sure to take your vitamin pills with some fatty food, because unlike B and C, vitamin A, D and E require fat for absorption.

In any case, I'm not disputing vitamin D's possible efficiency to decrease autism and other issues, but omega-3 (and only the ALA variety in plants like hemp and flax, is the really essential one; the fish oil varieties such as DHA and EPA although healthy, are not essential and our bodies can produce them from ALA) is very healthy for the brain in general, because the brain consists largely (but not entirely) of fat, and omega-3 is a very important fatty acid for that reason and brain health in general.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

larali (2015-08-19)

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    So how do define "true"? Just because a study paid for by vitamin companies states so?
    The study is probably on to something though. Vitamin D is a very critical steroid hormone, and it activates over thousand genes, many of which aren't involved in the calcium process. A good example is that males who are deficient in vitamin D3, are typically also deficient in testosterone. Out of all the steroid hormones our bodies can manufacture, D3 is the only one we need sunshine for.

That said, our brains are basically blobs of fat, and if we don't get the right sorts of fatty acids, our brains will obviously not work as they should, and may even degenerate into dementia and Alzheimer's and so on (this is especially true if you eat a lot of saturated and trans fatty acids). Fish oil however, isn't really necessary, because only omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) is essential of the omega-3 fatty acids, and DHA, EPA and so on, can be converted from ALA.

So, how can vitamin D3 and omega-3 protect against autism? Well, for one thing, lead poisoning (and other heavy metals) are more common than ever today, and lead is very detrimental to pretty much all biological life on this planet (we weren't really evolved with lead in mind). Lead poisoning impairs neurological development among other bodily functions, because lead mimics calcium and other minerals our body uses, and one way to counteract lead poisoning, is by increasing your calcium intake, and D3 helps with that. And again: our brains needs its essential fatty acids, omega-6 linoleic acid and omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid, and without those two, our brains will simply not work as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by saru21 View Post
    So what's being said here is that consuming vitamin D can reverse the effects of Autism? Can it solve even severe cases of autism, and how much Vitamin D would need to be consumed?
    Not sure about the D3 dosage for reversing autism, but it's important to understand that vitamins don't work in isolation, and if you're going to high dose vitamin D3, you'll also need to high dose vitamin A, and K2 (if you don't, you'll get hypercalcemia and vitamin D toxicity), and since these are fat soluble vitamins, they won't work if you eat them without fat. That said, I'm currently high dosing A/D3/K2, not for curing autism (I'm not autistic lol), but for other stuff like decalcification of soft tissue, and as a general health boon. D3 is great stuff! I no longer eat fish oil though, and I'm now relying on hemp and chia seed for my omega-3 intake (it's much more efficient to convert omega-3 ALA into DHA and EPA, by properly balancing vegan omega-6 and omega-3).

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    I also associate Japan with autism. Their culture is autistic practically, especially the one you find on the Ahihabara Square.
    lol this is true But that's because the Japanese are a damn smart people, and intelligent people in general are autist-like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by larali View Post
    Both you and your sister are deficient in vitamin D3, in fact, D3 deficiency is quite common throughout Florida. And did you know that D3 deficiency is linked to depression?
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2017-12-08 at 15:35. Reason: typos
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

saru21 (2017-12-08)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3