2014-11-20 @ 03:25
    American
    Phenotype
    Sahelid+Sudanid
    Politics
    Civic Nationalism
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by jt56v View Post
    To be honest, I could less if people date outside of their race or not. Everyone should be able to do whatever they want to do with their lives. Its your life and you only have the chance to live it once, so my advice is to live it up while you can.
    Just like other posters have said, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for race mixing or a interracial relationship. A lot of these members on ABF are multigenerational mixes, im the product of a recent mix, im about as recent as you can get.
    So of course, I don't care if someone dates outside of their race. No matter who I date, it is still going to be interracial, unless I was with a another Mulatto. I would hope that my parents would be fine with me dating any race or ethnicity.If they loved me as much as I think they do,then they would support me on any decision, I decide to make.

I'm not surprised by the situation in Atlanta. Here is a map that shows which states have the highest rates of interracial dating. Interracial dating seems to more common and accepted in the South than parts of the Midwest,East coast and some Western States.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/812361/thu...TATE-900.jpg?6
    Proximity has a lot to do with inter-racial dating. Mid westerners don't have the same opportunity to date inter-racially due to a lack of proximity with people of other races. Southerners are attracted to people of other races in part because they are exposed to them regularly. Inter-racial dating isn't full accepted in the South, a lack of acceptance does not stop people from dating interracial though. Social stigma is a very weak barrier when it comes to sex.
    "Women having other qualities is not interesting to men because we don't need them! Femininity will be the price women pay for enjoying masculinity in men!" - MGTOW Manifesto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wuSQpiWtdU All about that Southside

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soul Unlimited For This Useful Post:

JaM (2014-07-16), jt56v (2014-07-10), Selva175 (2014-07-16)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Biracial
    Phenotype
    Creole
    United States Trinidad Tobago Cuba Star of David

I don't care.. however I think some people who are fucked up in the head, who shouldn't procreate date inter-racially for wrong reasons.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to searching For This Useful Post:

BROWNMAN20 (2014-07-13), Noraxen (2014-07-10)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    United States United Kingdom Ireland clover Germany Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Unlimited View Post
    Proximity has a lot to do with inter-racial dating. Mid westerners don't have the same opportunity to date inter-racially due to a lack of proximity with people of other races. Southerners are attracted to people of other races in part because they are exposed to them regularly. Inter-racial dating isn't full accepted in the South, a lack of acceptance does not stop people from dating interracial though. Social stigma is a very weak barrier when it comes to sex.
    Yeah I agree, the Midwest isn't very diverse, except for the metropolitan areas. The South isn't either, the main groups in the South are just whites in blacks, I wouldn't call that diverse. Like the Midwest, the South doesn't have many Hispanics or Asians(of any variety) living there. The only reasons why states like Illinois, New York and Florida are as high on the list as they are is only because of Chicago, NYC and Miami/South Florida. I'm assuming that the majority of the Inter-racial combinations in the South are Black and Mulatto men with White women and Black and Mulatto women with White men.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jt56v For This Useful Post:

Soul Unlimited (2014-07-10)

Established Member
    Last Online
    American
    Phenotype
    Sahelid+Sudanid
    Politics
    Civic Nationalism
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by jt56v View Post
    Yeah I agree, the Midwest isn't very diverse, except for the metropolitan areas. The South isn't either, the main groups in the South are just whites in blacks, I wouldn't call that diverse. Like the Midwest, the South doesn't have many Hispanics or Asians(of any variety) living there. The only reasons why states like Illinois, New York and Florida are as high on the list as they are is only because of Chicago, NYC and Miami/South Florida. I'm assuming that the majority of the Inter-racial combinations in the South are Black and Mulatto men with White women and Black and Mulatto women with White men.
    You do not need diversity for inter-racial relations to happen. All that needs to exist is two groups/races living in close proximity and a lack of legal barriers. Diversity was not even in my thoughts when I was writing that post.

The only reasons why states like Illinois, New York and Florida are as high on the list as they are is only because of Chicago, NYC and Miami/South Florida.
    Actually, states like Illinois and Michigan have similar demographic make ups as Texas, with roughly 15% of the population being Black. It is not these specific urban cities that are driving the propensity for interracial coupling in these states.
    "Women having other qualities is not interesting to men because we don't need them! Femininity will be the price women pay for enjoying masculinity in men!" - MGTOW Manifesto

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Soul Unlimited For This Useful Post:

jt56v (2014-07-11)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

Quote Originally Posted by a_garcia49 View Post
    What is your first reaction or thought when seeing an interracial couple?
    Nothing really. Same reaction as a non-mixed race couple. Two people I don't know, and don't care... continue on my own merry way minding my own business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Unlimited View Post
    a lack of legal barriers
    Lack of legal barriers I don't think is a factor all the time. Mixed-race relationships still happened in the Jim Crow era South and Apartheid South Africa.

Last Online
    2015-05-31 @ 16:30
    Race
    East Asian
    Ethnicity
    Chinese
    China United States

I don't notice it much. I see a lot of Hispanic and white couples where I live.

Established Member
    Last Online
    American
    Phenotype
    Sahelid+Sudanid
    Politics
    Civic Nationalism
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    Nothing really. Same reaction as a non-mixed race couple. Two people I don't know, and don't care... continue on my own merry way minding my own business.

- - - Updated - - -

Lack of legal barriers I don't think is a factor all the time. Mixed-race relationships still happened in the Jim Crow era South and Apartheid South Africa.
    They indeed did happen, but under different circumstances. WM+ any other type of non white female was much easier to pull off without legal repercussion than BM+non black female. So all and all, mixed race relations were still suppressed unless a white man was involved. Which is really what the concept of miscegenation is rooted in, male competition over females.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-07-27 @ 13:00
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Nordo-Cromagnid