User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube Prank Videos that Prank Black Americans in the Hood. Are these videos racist profiling.1895 days old

Last Online
    2019-09-05 @ 06:32

Default Youtube Prank Videos that Prank Black Americans in the Hood. Are these videos racist profiling.

It's a trend on Youtube for pranksters to go into inner city Afram neighborhoods and prank them because Aframs usually give the most emotional reactions.

Would you consider these type of videos to be racial profiling?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clemjb For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2014-08-18)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    2015-05-31 @ 16:30
    Race
    East Asian
    Ethnicity
    Chinese
    China United States

Quote Originally Posted by clemjb View Post
    It's a trend on Youtube for pranksters to go into inner city Afram neighborhoods and prank them because Aframs usually give the most emotional reactions.

Would you consider these type of videos to be racial profiling?

It depends, are they only targeting the blacks in those areas?

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    K1
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Blemish
    Flanders lion Netherlands European Union Belgium

Risky pranks you shouldn't do at home. I wonder when the first serious accident will happen with a popular YT prankster.
    "Political correctness is the (...) revenge of the (...) intolerant, (...) dunce upon all the liveliness in this world. It is no more than the (...) resort of minds (...) that, for them, a revival of Stalinism is preferable to the pain of a glimpse of self-it's the last sigh of the beast that Nietzsche identified as ressentiment."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danielion For This Useful Post:

Noraxen (2014-08-17), randomguy1235 (2014-08-18), XMidnightX (2014-08-17)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

Ridiculous. I posted a thread a while about PTSD in inner-city neighbourhoods which might give insight into why some people from these neighborhoods act this way. Racist? Maybe not, but not cool nonetheless.

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sho...Violence-in-LA

Up to 40% of people living in inner city neighbourhoods have symptoms of PTSD and you just triggered them, assholes. Why don't you light off a firecracker behind a veteran while you're at it? That "over emotional reaction" is PTSD when triggered. As I have it myself, I know a triggered person when I see it, and I could only watch a few seconds of that video it pissed me off that much.

Actually come to think of it, maybe it is racist because I doubt these guys would go around a bunch of predominanly white war veterans and set off fireworks. Same with people who send female bloggers who were victims of domestic violence or sexual assault rape threats to see their reaction and claiming it's "just trolling". It's funny to see a black man "chimp out" or a woman cower but PTSD in white men is taken more seriously and if you lit off fireworks by a white male veteran you'd universally be considered an asshole (and rightfully so, but you're also an asshole if you do it in other contexts). So there is that racist and sexist element to these types of pranks. Either way, as someone who has PTSD I'd like to throw these guys a real punch, a real one, while I was wearing brass knuckles.
    Last edited by DragonRouge; 2014-08-17 at 16:44.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist

I hadn't had my first coffee in me when I first responded so I was like "maybe not racist oh yeah maybe it is".

Naw it's definitely racist, and disturbing. As I mentioned, according to studies, up to 40% of people who live in inner city neighbourhoods in the US meet the diagnostic criteria for PTSD (and often don't seek the help they need because they're afraid of being seen as "soft" or "crazy"), and these "hood pranks" are essentially triggering the disorder, hence why you're more likely to see overly emotional responses. This is akin to setting off fireworks outside a veterans' hospital, and if you do that, you're universally seen as an asshole (and rightfully so), but since it's black people being triggered it's somehow funny? I don't think so. There is a special place in hell reserved for the makers of this video.

At the very least it's a class issue, because there are whites who live in these neighbourhoods and they'd react the same way, and there are black veterans. If you pulled this prank on a black or white person in these neighbourhoods, or set off fireworks behind a black or white veteran, you're a fucking dickhead.
    Last edited by DragonRouge; 2014-08-18 at 02:57.

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    United States United Kingdom Ireland clover Germany Netherlands

This is how the majority of the blacks in the United States act, even the ones who don't live in the hood. I wouldn't say they were only targeting blacks or racial profiling. They went to the hood and to no surprise there were black people, they were probably the only people there for them to flim. I've seen other you-tubers do light hearted pranks that were less serious than the video you posted, and they got the same aggressive reactions from them.There is no excuse for anyone to put their hands on someone,if the other person didn't hit them first. If they tried this on other races, they would probably just laugh it off and go about their business. I honestly think it would benefit everyone in society, if black people in the U.S. stopped breeding with each other. And if they do decide to procreate it should be with another race. That's the only way they will better their race. Or better yet, we could take all the blacks from the hood, put them on a ship or plane and take them to a secluded, far away island. And let them live their lives and do whatever they do, away from the general population.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jt56v For This Useful Post:

Noraxen (2014-08-18)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2014-08-31 @ 15:29
    E1b1b1
    mtDNA
    L3i2
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Politics
    Centrist Progressivism
    Religion
    Islam
    Somalia Djibouti

Disgusting reaction. Such a disgraceful attitude! I don't see anything racist about these pranks, the pranksters are just trying to get a reaction from a particular demographic group whom happen to live in such neighbourhoods. It's like a social experiment. The pranksters are not saying anything racist, so I don't see any racist thing on this video.

I just cannot tolerate the reaction. They have no right to have a immediate violent reaction. They should at least think before they do something that they will later regret (I doubt that they will even regret it). What I see is people that are lacking the thinking process and rational thoughts.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ajuran For This Useful Post:

Danielion (2014-08-18), Noraxen (2014-08-18), randomguy1235 (2014-08-18)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Ajuran View Post
    Disgusting reaction. Such a disgraceful attitude! I don't see anything racist about these pranks, the pranksters are just trying to get a reaction from a particular demographic group whom happen to live in such neighbourhoods. It's like a social experiment. The pranksters are not saying anything racist, so I don't see any racist thing on this video.

I just cannot tolerate the reaction. They have no right to have a immediate violent reaction. They should at least think before they do something that they will later regret (I doubt that they will even regret it). What I see is people that are lacking the thinking process and rational thoughts.
    That goes out the window when you have PTSD. Your fight or flight response is engaged all the time. So, you're not thinking rationally. As I mentioned I have it. Somebody did something that triggered me today: I was driving the speed limit and that was I guess too slow for the person behind me, when the road became two lanes the driver's wife rolled down her window and yelled at me, then they sped off. In PTSD spaz mode I sped up and followed them, at 120 km/h (speed limit is 70 km/h). I was tailgating their asses and switching lanes when they did. They must have gotten intimidated and so ran a red light to get away from me. I regained my composure then and stopped. It must be noted I am one traffic ticket away from losing my drivers license, plus driving so recklessly I could have gotten in an accident and hurt or killed myself and/or someone else, now I regret it and realize it was incredibly stupid. But that's not what's going through your head when you have PTSD... plus I must admit I have been put on edge by the death of Robin Williams (yes things like that can get to you too when you have it), so I was a chimpout waiting to happen.
    Last edited by DragonRouge; 2014-08-18 at 03:21.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2016-08-12 @ 11:39
    I2b1*
    mtDNA
    V
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ajuran View Post

People wonder why those areas are so fucked up, well, just look at the population and how they behave, of course there will be violence. I don't think there is any way of fixing this in an entirely humane way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    That goes out the window when you have PTSD. Your fight or flight response is engaged all the time. So, you're not thinking rationally. As I mentioned I have it. Somebody did something that triggered me today: I was driving the speed limit and that was I guess too slow for the person behind me, when the road became two lanes the driver's wife rolled down her window and yelled at me, then they sped off. In PTSD spaz mode I sped up and followed them, at 120 km/h (speed limit is 70 km/h). I was tailgating their asses and switching lanes when they did. They must have gotten intimidated and so ran a red light to get away from me. I regained my composure then and stopped. It must be noted I am one traffic ticket away from losing my drivers license, plus driving so recklessly I could have gotten in an accident and hurt or killed myself and/or someone else, now I regret it and realize it was incredibly stupid. But that's not what's going through your head when you have PTSD... plus I must admit I have been put on edge by the death of Robin Williams (yes things like that can get to you too when you have it), so I was a chimpout waiting to happen.
    It's more than just PTSD, it's a combination of genetic and epigenetic factors as well. there are something called worrier/warrior genes and empathetic genes, certain populations have varying degrees of both and it can drastically effect how a person reacts to a perceived threat, real or not.
    Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
    He who feared that he would not succeed sat still.
    -Horace-

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noraxen For This Useful Post:

Ajuran (2014-08-18), randomguy1235 (2014-08-18)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2014-08-31 @ 15:29
    E1b1b1
    mtDNA
    L3i2
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Politics
    Centrist Progressivism
    Religion
    Islam
    Somalia Djibouti

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    Well in that case, I do sympathise with people that suffer from PTSD. However we cannot really say all these men suffer from PTSD. You are just using a health condition as an excuse. For one PTSD is more common with females and also people whom have been through trauma and sometimes it is linked to genetics. However to say all these men suffer from PTSD is wrong. We are not aware of their physical and mental health. They look pretty healthy and that's the only judgement we can give.

Their reaction is simply part of their Afram culture. Afram's have a culture of being acting tough, strong, bad and domineering, it's like a front they put up from all the hardship they went through. So from generation to generation they have manifested and created such culture. That's why all these pranksters are so keen on this demographic group.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ajuran For This Useful Post:

Noraxen (2014-08-18), randomguy1235 (2014-08-19)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast