L3b1a,L4b2,L3e1a2,U6a3
    Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med
    Dominican Republic African Union(OAS)

Thanks for the info on E1b1b1a2*, i never thought it was ethiopian, it makes more sense thats its berber/south european, I am having more trouble finding info on my Maternal Haplogroup.

L3b1b

I have only found some studies showing a couple of other Dominicans and people from Burkina Faso, so so far only D.R and Burkina Faso, in 23andme, that Area by Burkina Faso, Benin, Togo, Ghana is the one thats highlighted, alongst wiht certian parts of central africa, and surprising the warmest color most constinatly is on madagascar, i can't rule out malagasy ancestry because there where malagasy slaves.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

QBQ Banned
    Last Online
    2014-05-10 @ 20:45
    Chilean
    Phenotype
    Saddam Husseinic
    Politics
    Humanistic
    Religion
    Free market genetics
    Chile Chile Mapuche Spain traditional Amazigh Hispanidad

Very interesting, Lemba. So, you have Berber/Spanish ancestry too. That's something most Latin Americans have in common. In your case, you are more European than anything else. Your percentage of Amerindian is expected for an authentic Dominican, too. And also the percentages of African.

So, what else to say but that you have roots in three continents, and that are an authentic Latino, too. Even more, you also have ancestry from the First People. Congrats.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-07-03 @ 18:41
    E1b1b1a2*, R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    L3b1a,L4b2,L3e1a2,U6a3
    Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med

Quote Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
    Very interesting, Lemba. So, you have Berber/Spanish ancestry too. That's something most Latin Americans have in common. In your case, you are more European than anything else. Your percentage of Amerindian is expected for an authentic Dominican, too. And also the percentages of African.

So, what else to say but that you have roots in three continents, and that are an authentic Latino, too. Even more, you also have ancestry from the First People. Congrats.
    Actually in the Mcdougal test, my European and African are somewhat equal, the 23andme results are obviously not accurate. Thing is that i i have middle eastern ancestry that contributes to the european. I would say i am more of an evenly split mulatto, with a sizeable amount of middle eastern and native

In other words i am clearly tri-racial, or if you separate the middle eastern, Quad-Racial. But True European and African match up pretty evenly. All of this matches with the cultures passed down to me.

I dont consider myself a Latino, to me Latino's are Latins. I am partially Latino viva my Spanish/Iberian ancestry. But i also compose of various "Sub-Saharan" African ethnicities and cultures, in addition to a couple of Native ethnic groups, and some middle eastern groups too.

Afro-Latino, or Zambo-Latino would be more accurate
    Last edited by Lemba; 2010-04-16 at 04:24.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lemba For This Useful Post:

Caine (2010-04-16), Ms. Ezi (2010-06-05)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2014-12-25 @ 19:28
    R1b1b2
    mtDNA
    H6a1a

I think your results are very accurate, both 23andMe's and McDonald's. The difference is that 23andMe puts together under "European", actual Euro ancestry, plus N. African and Middle Eastern, as well as Pakistan. They actually mean to say Caucasian. McDonald, on the other hand, separates these ancestry lines and caculates your affinity to each. Your Ydna probably came from Spain, although it may have been carried there by Berbers, no telling when, since that hg is also common in the Balkans and other places. Anyway, I guess you could check your list of "cousins" to see where they, or their ancestry, are from. It is obvious your main genetic component is Caucasian, followed by sub-Saharan and Native American.

Established Member
    Last Online
    E1b1b1a2*, R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    L3b1a,L4b2,L3e1a2,U6a3
    Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    I think your results are very accurate, both 23andMe's and McDonald's. The difference is that 23andMe puts together under "European", actual Euro ancestry, plus N. African and Middle Eastern, as well as Pakistan. They actually mean to say Caucasian. McDonald, on the other hand, separates these ancestry lines and caculates your affinity to each. Your Ydna probably came from Spain, although it may have been carried there by Berbers, no telling when, since that hg is also common in the Balkans and other places. Anyway, I guess you could check your list of "cousins" to see where they, or their ancestry, are from. It is obvious your main genetic component is Caucasian, followed by sub-Saharan and Native American.
    Well, i think even then 23andme counted some African portions of my Dna as European and Native. Which if you compare Mcdonalds results, the European never goes higher then 50%, and the Native no higher then 8 - 9% percent. that is about 14% of ancestry that 23andme took from the African and put it as European(Caucasian) and as Native. This is clear with 23andme, you can see this in Jack's results the difference between the Mcdonald test and 23andme. I don't see middle easteners as being "caucasian" per se, but i won't get into that argument... Its going to multiply this thread by hundreds. But for the sake of your argument, in Mcdonalds test with South Asian and middle eastern combined "Caucasian" ancestry maxes out at 50%.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    R1b1b2
    mtDNA
    H6a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Lemba View Post
    Well, i think even then 23andme counted some African portions of my Dna as European and Native. Which if you compare Mcdonalds results, the European never goes higher then 50%, and the Native no higher then 8 - 9% percent. that is about 14% of ancestry that 23andme took from the African and put it as European(Caucasian) and as Native. This is clear with 23andme, you can see this in Jack's results the difference between the Mcdonald test and 23andme. I don't see middle easteners as being "caucasian" per se, but i won't get into that argument... Its going to multiply this thread by hundreds. But for the sake of your argument, in Mcdonalds test with South Asian and middle eastern combined "Caucasian" ancestry maxes out at 50%.
    Which is still your largest single genetic component. The other two share the remaining 50%. I would say that would be typical for many Dominicans.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:

CAONABO (2010-04-16)

Established Member
    Last Online
    E1b1b1a2*, R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    L3b1a,L4b2,L3e1a2,U6a3
    Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    Which is still your largest single genetic component. The other two share the remaining 50%. I would say that would be typical for many Dominicans.
    Yes, of course dependin on the person, for example eicibaeño will likely score a much higher european percentage, atleast judigng from his cousins phenotypes. I think Dominicans are too diverse to say they would all come out like this, many will come out with more African, and some with much higher european, and in the case of some too a much higher native, some Dominicans can score as high as 40% native. But on average i'd say its between lil bit more euro then afro and indegenous, and lil bit more afro and indegenous then euro, those 2 and things between them will probably be the average.

As a side note, anyone of the posters here with L3b1b Mtdna or E1b1b1a2 Ydna. I have the Ydna somewhat narrowed down to Spain/North Africa. But the L3b1b is very much elusive, the only studies have found only mention Burkina faso.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2012-02-21 @ 02:55

pretty cool. I guess the European amount makes sense. I feel like Latinos probably have the most interesting results on these tests because you guys are so mixed.

I'd love to take one of these tests but I doubt they would tell me anything interesting.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to toomash For This Useful Post:

RaFeSa (2011-09-01)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2012-05-30 @ 05:34

Interesting. Hadn't heard of the McDonald Test. What site is that?

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    R1b1b2
    mtDNA
    H6a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Salsassin View Post
    Interesting. Hadn't heard of the McDonald Test. What site is that?
    It is not really a site. He is at a university and he does this for people who have taken the 23andMe test. He does it gratis. He uses the 23andMe data. If you take the 23andMe test, I am sure somone will give you his e mai address.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast