User Tag List

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 348

Thread: How can people like Islam?1343 days old

  1. #311
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,676
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An Shigao View Post
    “Consider the Koran, for example; this wretched book was sufficient to start a world-religion, to satisfy the metaphysical needs of countless millions for twelve hundred years, to become the basis of their morality and of a remarkable contempt for death, and also to inspire them to bloody wars and the most extensive conquests. Much may be lost in translation, but I have not been able to discover in it one single idea of value.”

    ― Arthur Schopenhauer

    ...

    Schopenhauer's criticisms of the Koran are very good.
    Schopenhauer made a salient point there. I think the only idea of value in Islam, is its totalitarian ban on alcohol. In a sane society, we wouldn't need to outlaw alcohol, because everyone would have high enough IQ and common sense to disregard alcohol by their own free will, but anyway, Islam's ban on alcohol is basically its only good idea. Islam also bans pork, but not for vegan reasons, so while I support Muslims on the pork issue, they're doing it for the wrong reason: all meat and dairy should be banned too.

    That said, Islam is the third world religion par excellence; Islam is the religion by, for and of the untermenschen.

    In general, people who start religions and ideologies are a serious problem. People are really gullible with very little independent thought and will follow any stupid bullshit, and this will eventually lead to all sorts of world problems like wars, famine, genocide and general backwardness. Islam is not unique in that regard, but it's unbelievable that humanity hasn't dealt with and gotten rid of Islam once and for all. With Communism at least, there were good nuclear reasons not to invade Russia and slap some common sense into the Ruskies, but Islam has been around for 1,400 years now.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

    An Shigao (2019-01-08), Shaquille (2019-01-08)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Location
    ForumBiodiversity.com
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #312
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist An Shigao's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2014-11-19
    Posts
    1,736
    Gender
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Buddhist
    United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    With Communism at least, there were good nuclear reasons not to invade Russia and slap some common sense into the Ruskies, but Islam has been around for 1,400 years now.
    Everything you've said have been good points, EliasAlucard. I really think you do a good job exposing the brutality and insanity of Islam.

    I will end on one note: I do remain somewhat confident that Islam will fall out of favor in Iran. Many of the youth are fed up with it, and a lot of diaspora are educated about the brutal history of Islam in Iran. The Koran, itself, also lacks both artistic and visionary quality, as we've both pointed out. I will say that the Bible is much, much better than the Koran, though I tend to prefer Gnostic texts like the Gospel of Thomas, which I consider aligned with the Dharma. I also tend to like the beliefs of Mandaeans a lot, moreso than Catholics or Protestants.

    I think religions like Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, and Christianity will grow in Iran, though it will probably be entirely irreligious for some time.
    Last edited by An Shigao; 2019-01-09 at 01:36.

  5. #313
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Garibald's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:46
    Join Date
    2016-11-09
    Posts
    584
    Gender
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Politics
    Shmuley Poley
    Religion
    anonymous Cathoholics
    Germany Bavaria Holy Roman Empire

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mainer View Post
    Islam is perhaps the most misrepresented religion. I say this as an atheist. What Western media shows us is a caricaturized version of Islam. Sure, there are those who favor the hardline, fundamentalist interpretation of Islam, but that should not be used to discredit all Muslims.
    Look at these people:



    They are normal Muslims, who didn't "misrepresented religion", but in fact took the iconoclastic nature of Islam very seriously. They are just very consequent. In this video, they mention the destruction of the giant Buddha statues of Afghanistan through the Taliban, but the destruction actually began much earlier:
    In 1221, with the advent of Genghis Khan, "a terrible disaster befell Bamiyan." Nevertheless, the statues were spared. Babur wrote in September 1528, that he ordered both be destroyed. Later, the Mughal emperor, Aurangzeb, tried to use heavy artillery to destroy the statues. Another attempt to destroy the Bamiyan statues was made by the 18th century Persian king Nader Afshar, directing cannon fire at them.

    The enormous statues, the male Salsal ("light shines through the universe") and the (smaller) female Shamama ("Queen Mother"), as they were called by the locals, did not fail to fire the imagination of Islamic writers in centuries past. The larger statue reappears as the malevolent giant Salsal in medieval Turkish tales.

    Afghan king Abdur Rahman Khan destroyed its face during a military campaign against the Shia Hazara rebellion. A Frenchman named Dureau had photographed it in 1847.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garibald For This Useful Post:

    EliasAlucard (2019-01-09), Shaquille (2019-01-09)

  7. #314
    Junior Member
    Last Online
    2019-06-12 @ 12:25
    Join Date
    2018-09-05
    Posts
    20
    Gender

    Default

    I'm afraid this post is too anecdotal and one-sided. There are no facts or persuasive statements here. I cannot argue against well-entrenched biases/opinions

  8. #315
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,676
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mainer View Post
    I'm afraid this post is too anecdotal and one-sided. There are no facts or persuasive statements here. I cannot argue against well-entrenched biases/opinions
    It's not "biases and opinions"; it's facts. Of course you can't argue against facts, but take a look at your previous post, and analyze your thinking from an objective point of view for a change. For the sake of credibility, you present yourself as an "atheist", as if that would somehow make you more objective when you say not all Muslims are bad and so on. The dominant form of atheism, is secular humanism. You know, the Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins crowd. These atheists are totally pro-Muslim (or pro-brown people). While they do present themselves as "Islamophobes", they're totally pro-Muslim. Their only problem with Islam is the fact that Islam makes multiculturalism difficult, and they want more multiculturalism, just with less friction. Aside from secular humanism, liberalism is basically a mandatory component among modern atheists, and humanism + liberalism = open borders to Muslim countries. So that's why it's always atheists arguing favorably of Islam and Muslims.

    Anyway, true Muslims are basically ISIS, the Taliban, Al-Qaida and similar "hardliners". Then there's of course the average or random Muhammed and Ahmed on the street, who aren't particularly passionate about Islam, but sympathize with the Jihadists and so on. Mainstream thinkers (especially leftist atheists; it doesn't get more mainstream thinking than that) are pushing this secular humanist lie that only "good Muslims", i.e., Muslims who don't kill non-Muslims, who aren't terrorists and so on, are the true Muslims. This is because leftists want Islam to be something good, which Islam never has been, ever. So in order to continue shoving down Islam and Muslims down our throats, we've been fed with this daily propaganda about "not all Muslims are terrorists", "moderate Muslims", "hijacked Islam", "freedom fighters" and similar stupid bullshit for years now, YEARS. And of course the standard lie about how ISIS are misinterpreting the Quran/Islam, how ISIS has nothing to do with Islam and similar nonsense.

    It's really annoying, especially given the undeniable fact that this sort of pro-Islamic apologetic rhetoric, is only helping Muslims kill Christians and destroy any and all pre-Islamic cultural heritage of the Near East. Had the pyramids not been that big, Muslims would have destroyed them a long time ago. Nowadays Muslims have bombs, so they will probably destroy the pyramids sooner or later, all thanks to people like you and your ISIS aren't Muslims
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

    Shaquille (2019-01-09), voyager (2019-03-15)

  10. #316
    Regular Member
    Molecular Biologist Magnetic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:27
    Join Date
    2019-01-09
    Posts
    916
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Med + Armenoid/Taurid

    Default

    islam is not the way it is portrayed . real islam is different from what many people think of it .

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnetic For This Useful Post:

    NassBean (2019-03-15)

  12. #317
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Viking's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-24
    Posts
    4,313
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Race
    Europoid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Coastal Finnish
    Phenotype
    Osteuropid/Tydal
    Politics
    Wish there was one
    Religion
    Christian
    Finland Sweden

    Default

    There is only one thing that you need to know to understand why Islam cannot possibly be the one true religion.

    The Koran makes extensive references to the Arabic calendar in terms of what is permissible during certain times of the year. In fact, one of the five pillars of Islam is inextricably linked to the calendar. I am talking about the month of the fast, the Ramadan.

    The Arabic calendar is wrong. It is strictly a moon calendar with no ability of adjusting to the solar year. Thus there is no link between the months and the seasons. This might work in places where seasons are not needed, such as the Bedouin desert, but everywhere else the calendar is useless and unusabie. What's worse is that the Koran, unlike the Jewish calendar, forbids the adding of more days that would make the time in line with the seasons.

    The Creator of the universe could not possibly be unaware of that there are approximately 365 days of the year, and not 355. Therefore the Koran cannot be from God.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Finn with experience of anthropology forums
    Is that true? I have similar dreams, though about eugenics... I see images and craniums in front of me in the dreams. Words like sterilization, Germanics and others fly around as fragments in my head... scary stuff that I often dream about.

    Then I go up, and look at myself in profile and from the front and in all angles, in all my mirrors that I have mounted up everywhere, and realise my Mongolian heritage and how the Swedes view me. Sometimes I cannot see the difference between myself and a Mongol, if the environment is cloudy.

  13. #318
    Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Junior Member Janos's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-05-29
    Posts
    10,967
    Location
    Svithjod
    Gender
    Politics
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    There is only one thing that you need to know to understand why Islam cannot possibly be the one true religion.

    The Koran makes extensive references to the Arabic calendar in terms of what is permissible during certain times of the year. In fact, one of the five pillars of Islam is inextricably linked to the calendar. I am talking about the month of the fast, the Ramadan.

    The Arabic calendar is wrong. It is strictly a moon calendar with no ability of adjusting to the solar year. Thus there is no link between the months and the seasons. This might work in places where seasons are not needed, such as the Bedouin desert, but everywhere else the calendar is useless and unusabie. What's worse is that the Koran, unlike the Jewish calendar, forbids the adding of more days that would make the time in line with the seasons.

    The Creator of the universe could not possibly be unaware of that there are approximately 365 days of the year, and not 355. Therefore the Koran cannot be from God.
    More and more western men will convert to Islam because they are bitter towards women and feel they get their balls back if they join Islam. No wonder most white converts to Islam are men and not women.
    The Future was better before

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Janos For This Useful Post:

    voyager (2019-03-15)

  15. #319
    Established Member
    Lord of Asgard Odin's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-06-16 @ 12:30
    Join Date
    2018-05-08
    Posts
    1,037
    Location
    West Coast
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Religion
    Christian
    Suebi Kingdom Viking Norway Denmark Netherlands United States

    Default


  16. #320
    Established Member
    Lord of Asgard Odin's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-06-16 @ 12:30
    Join Date
    2018-05-08
    Posts
    1,037
    Location
    West Coast
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Religion
    Christian
    Suebi Kingdom Viking Norway Denmark Netherlands United States

    Default


Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why Islam?
    By Excel in forum Religion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 2017-01-07, 14:52
  2. Dar al-Islam
    By Ubirajara in forum Fórum en Castellano/Español
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2011-10-29, 00:28
  3. What I know about Islam.
    By Ozrage in forum Religion
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 2010-12-17, 17:55
  4. What is Islam?
    By Saif ad-Dhib in forum Recycle Bin
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 2009-12-11, 22:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<