Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Default A few bans revoked, starting with Jonny

A few years ago, I revoked Azvarohi's ban. This is because Azvarohi is not actually a bad member, but I banned him because he was basically very "anti-Elias" at one point, which I never understood why.

Many good members can at times be problematic without breaking a specific rule, and the easiest solution is to just ban them, and doing so will get them to cool off and put aside whatever grudge they're carrying against me or the forum. However, when I ban (not suspend, but ban), the ban period is always put on indefinite, which means that the banned member in question won't be unbanned until the ban is manually lifted. We've had a discussion before about removing amnesty and just make most bans a 6 months period, and while some members opposed that suggestion, I think this may be a more attractive solution now, given that the third strike policy is usually meant to encourage members to read and follow the rules after their first or second suspension, and not ban them forever.

Anyway, the first ban revoked in this thread, will be Jonny's. Jonny was cool and all, but he got a little bit out of hand with his one-liners, and he also Jewed his profile, which annoyed me, because any member who puts "Jew" everywhere on his profile is obviously signaling that he's going into troll mode. Aside from that, he mainly posted one-liners, which is not a banning offense, but one-liners + derailing threads = not cool. Other than that though, Jonny was cool.

I'll revoke a few more bans soon, and I'll announce them in this thread and explain why, rather than announcing it in separate/new threads.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2015-12-01 at 22:19.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

ItaloPortuga (2015-12-02), Jonny (2015-12-02), NixYO (2015-12-02), Ozrage (2015-12-02), Pioterus (2015-12-02), XMidnightX (2015-12-01)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    N-CTS2929
    mtDNA
    I4
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Sweden Finland Kalmar Union Sweden Tre Kronor Russia

Hevneren?
    “And, furthermore, that some people have a sex life and others don’t just because some are more attractive than others. I wanted to acknowledge that if people don’t have a sex life, it’s not for some moral reason, it’s just because they’re ugly. Once you’ve said it, it sounds obvious, but I wanted to say it.” — Michel Houellebecq

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NixYO For This Useful Post:

Acquisitorz (2015-12-01), Pioterus (2015-12-02), XMidnightX (2015-12-01)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    European

I support this idea, but the question is, how many of them are actually interested in returning?
    "A racist is anyone winning an argument against a liberal."
    -Ancient proverb

"To try to come to grips with the nation's problems without understanding the role of intelligence is to see through a glass darkly indeed, to grope with symptoms instead of causes, to stumble into supposed remedies that have no chance of working."
    -Richard Herrnstein, Charles Murray

“If the truth offends people, it is our job as scientists to offend them."
    -Satoshi Kanazawa

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XMidnightX For This Useful Post:

Acquisitorz (2015-12-01), NixYO (2015-12-02), Pioterus (2015-12-02), randomguy1235 (2015-12-03), Shaquille (2015-12-02)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Acquisitorz's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Liberal
    Religion
    Lol
    Flanders lion Israel Russia

Quote Originally Posted by NixYO View Post
    Hevneren?
    ²

but he has too much self esteem to return. I do support the idea of course

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-12-04 @ 07:13
    R1b-SRY 2627 - A7080
    mtDNA
    H5a1f
    Phenotype
    Archaic Nomenclature
    Politics
    Not a Fan
    GEDmatch
    M202348
    United States Germany Poland Poland Volhynia Switzerland Scotland

Well obviously Elias is looking to create more traffic here.

Just bring back Papa Anodyne and the traffic would spike about 5X. I'm not looking forward to this.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2016-10-01 @ 12:52

For Jonny's sake, I hope he put whatever time he spent here into good use elsewhere. I think that guy had potential, if he just channeled it in the right direction.
    Those who do not remember the past, are condemned to repeat it...George Santayana

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sippola For This Useful Post:

XMidnightX (2015-12-02)

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by NixYO View Post
    Hevneren?
    It's a possibility I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by XMidnightX View Post
    I support this idea, but the question is, how many of them are actually interested in returning?
    Well there's always the butthurt type, and then there's the type who get too snobby after a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    Well obviously Elias is looking to create more traffic here.
    Traffic is fine, it's the activity that's a bit low, and banning members right to left hasn't helped increased the activity around here, especially when for example, in Jonny's case, he wasn't the most problematic member we've had on here.

I'm just appreciating members with potential with these ban revokes by giving them a second chance, even though there's always the possibility that they don't become productive. We'll see how it goes with Jonny; if he can take us to the promised land then there'll be more ban revokes.

Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    Just bring back Papa Anodyne and the traffic would spike about 5X. I'm not looking forward to this.
    lol I don't know about Anodyne; his standards are probably a bit too high for a forum like ABF. I mean at the end of the day, for all his "Elias you have to ban Mary" rhetoric, it turns out that he's happy about posting on the same forum as Mary. So that makes me unsure if he actually has an opinion on anything, and that he basically says and parrots anything that's popular at the moment.

Anodyne has his moments though; he's fine when he's focused on a topic, or knows what he's talking about, which isn't all that often to be honest (dude thinks John McCain is a war hero, lol). I'll also admit his ban was a bit unfair, especially because he donated a lot of money to the forum back in 2012, and so I feel really bad about banning the guy, but his ban was really a well deserved one in my totally honest opinion. Dude needs to drop his Mr. Macho Bonanza attitude, and respect ABF more than just using this forum as an outlet to pick fights over stupid bullshit with other members, and then I'm sure we could get along fine, like we used to.

Don't get me wrong though; I actually like Anodyne, and I know deep down he also likes me too, but it's also undeniable that he is at times a knucklehead (which is true of most members on TA really; no one there knows what they're talking about). It's unfortunate that it is this way though. I banned Angevin the other day even though I actually like him too, but he gave me no choice when he once again went into psycho mode. Anti-social behavior is not cool.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2015-12-03 at 02:04.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

Acquisitorz (2015-12-02), randomguy1235 (2015-12-03)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    It's a possibility I guess.
    Hevneren was permitted to return about a year ago, six months after his ban. He chose not to.

EVERY banned member that return must improve, we can't be exactly like we were before. Or are you gonna soften up the rules just to get more members here?
    The Future was better before

Established Member
    ---
    Last Online
    @
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Ethnicity
    Eukaryote
    Phenotype
    Primate