mtDNA
    U3a1a
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Rugevit View Post
    What are those "Slavic finds"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stadler
    Below you see the distribution of 5.770 sites with Slavic finds (93.108 images) from the 6th to 10th century, from the Balkans to northern Germany. It is a little bit astonishing how far to the West they reach. Maybe they must be put in question? Slavic assemblages are mainly tied to ceramics; other find categories are far less represented. In the East surely the distribution is not yet complete.
    Windows 10 Chrome 62.0.3202.94

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:15
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Lithuania Grand Duchy

Quote Originally Posted by Wojewoda View Post
    Slavic assemblages are mainly tied to ceramics;
    So these are Slavic finds? Sounds as bullshit to me , honestly. Who will analyse ceramics in 5.770 sites stating they are Slavic?
    Linux Firefox 57.0

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b2a1a1 (A2423+)
    mtDNA
    U3a1a(1)
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Politics
    laissez faire
    Religion
    Metalhead
    Poland Lithuania Grand Duchy

Quote Originally Posted by Rugevit View Post
    So these are Slavic finds? Sounds as bullshit to me , honestly. Who will analyse ceramics in 5.770 sites stating they are Slavic?
    Hey, pots are folks! Archeologists always judge ethnoses by pots.
    Fex: The Slavic domination in Scandinavia is so astonishing and high quality Slavic ceramics so plenty, that "open minded and culturally enriched" Danish and Swedish archeologists coined a term "Baltic Ceramic" to keep it somewhat hidden and boast the invincible Vikings pop myth a bit longer. Also Scandos can be enriched by MENA folks today, but those pesky Northern Slavs in their "invincible Vikings'" countries are freaking them seriously out.
    and the IEEE Milestone for breaking the Enigma Code goes to... Polish Cipher Bureau 1932-39

“We know each other,” he agreed. “They say that you follow in my steps.”
    “I go my own way. But you, you had never, until just now, looked behind you. You turned back today for the first time.”
    Geralt remained silent. Tired, he had nothing to say. “How... How will it happen?” he asked her at last, coldly and without emotion. “I will take you by the hand,” she replied, looking him straight in the eye. “I will take you by the hand and lead you across the meadow, through a cold and wet fog.” “And after? What is there beyond the fog?” “Nothing,” she replied, smiling. “After that, there is nothing.”
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski
    Świat się zmienia, słońce zachodzi, a wódka się kończy [The world is changing, sun is setting and we're running out of Vodka.]
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski
    Linux (Android 7.0 Nougat) Chrome 62.0.3202.84

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Wojewoda's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:49
    I1 Z63+ S2078+ L1237-
    mtDNA
    U3a1a
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Poland

Abstract

Shifts in the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) from 1–2 to 0–1 in four episodes increased droughts on the Roman Empire’s periphery and created push factors for migrations. These climatic events are associated with the movements of the Cimbri and Teutones from 113–101 B.C., the Marcomanni and Quadi from 164 to 180 A.D., the Goths in 376 A.D., and the broad population movements of the Migration Period from 500 to 600 A.D. Weakening of the NAO in the instrumental record of the NAO have been associated with a shift to drought in the areas of origin for the Cimbri, Quadi, Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Huns, and Slavs. While other climate indices indicate deteriorating climate after 200 A.D. and cooler conditions after 500 A.D., the NAO may indicate a specific cause for the punctuated history of migrations in Late Antiquity. Periodic weakening of the NAO caused drought in the regions of origin for tribes in antiquity, and may have created a powerful push factor for human migration. While climate change is frequently considered as a threat to sustainability, its role as a conflict amplifier in history may be one of its largest impacts on populations.
    "Changes in North Atlantic Oscillation drove Population Migrations and the Collapse of the Western Roman Empire", B. Lee Drake

Bayesian change point analysis of NAO16 and historical accounts of droughts and famine23 with primary migration events. Figure generated in R (3.3.2)40.
    Windows 7 Chrome 62.0.3202.94

Last Online
    2017-11-30 @ 21:28

Default Mostly Scythian-Sarmatians

Scythians and Persians
    From the late 2nd millennium BCE to early 1st millennium BCE the Iranians had expanded from the Eurasian Steppe, and Iranian peoples such as Medes, Persians, Bactrians, and Parthians populated the Iranian plateau.[
    Scythian tribes, along with Cimmerians, Sarmatians and Alans populated the steppes north of the Black Sea. The Scythian and Sarmatian tribes would quickly spread as far west as the Great Hungarian Plain, while mainly settling in Ukraine, Southern European Russia, and the Balkans,[62][63][64] while other Scythian tribes, such as the Saka, spread as far east as Xinjiang, China. Scythians as well formed the Indo-Scythian Empire, and Bactrians formed a Greco-Bactrian Kingdom founded by Diodotus I, the satrap of Bactria. The Kushan Empire, with Bactrian roots/connections, once controlled much of Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan. The Kushan elite (who the Chinese called the Yuezhi) were either a Tocharian-speaking (another Indo-European branch) people or an Eastern Iranian language-speaking people
    Linux (Android 6.0 Marshmallow) Chrome 61.0.3163.98

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b2a1a1 (A2423+)
    mtDNA
    U3a1a(1)
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Politics
    laissez faire
    Religion
    Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by khosro shohani View Post
    Scythians and Persians
    From the late 2nd millennium BCE to early 1st millennium BCE the Iranians had expanded from the Eurasian Steppe, and Iranian peoples such as Medes, Persians, Bactrians, and Parthians populated the Iranian plateau.[
    Scythian tribes, along with Cimmerians, Sarmatians and Alans populated the steppes north of the Black Sea. The Scythian and Sarmatian tribes would quickly spread as far west as the Great Hungarian Plain, while mainly settling in Ukraine, Southern European Russia, and the Balkans,[62][63][64] while other Scythian tribes, such as the Saka, spread as far east as Xinjiang, China. Scythians as well formed the Indo-Scythian Empire, and Bactrians formed a Greco-Bactrian Kingdom founded by Diodotus I, the satrap of Bactria. The Kushan Empire, with Bactrian roots/connections, once controlled much of Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan. The Kushan elite (who the Chinese called the Yuezhi) were either a Tocharian-speaking (another Indo-European branch) people or an Eastern Iranian language-speaking people
    There are negligible amounts of R1a-Z93 among Slavs to just start dealing with this statement.
    and the IEEE Milestone for breaking the Enigma Code goes to... Polish Cipher Bureau 1932-39

“I go my own way. But you, you had never, until just now, looked behind you. You turned back today for the first time.”
    Geralt remained silent. Tired, he had nothing to say. “How... How will it happen?” he asked her at last, coldly and without emotion. “I will take you by the hand,” she replied, looking him straight in the eye. “I will take you by the hand and lead you across the meadow, through a cold and wet fog.” “And after? What is there beyond the fog?” “Nothing,” she replied, smiling. “After that, there is nothing.”
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski
    Świat się zmienia, słońce zachodzi, a wódka się kończy [The world is changing, sun is setting and we're running out of Vodka.]
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski

Last Online
    2017-11-30 @ 21:28
    Linux (Android 6.0 Marshmallow) Chrome 61.0.3163.98

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b2a1a1 (A2423+)
    mtDNA
    U3a1a(1)
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Politics
    laissez faire
    Religion
    Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by khosro shohani View Post
    Physical anthropology? You're serious?

― Andrzej Sapkowski
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Wojewoda's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:49
    I1 Z63+ S2078+ L1237-
    mtDNA
    U3a1a
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Pioterus View Post
    Nah! We are coming, we're coming

The time has come:

"Snow turns UK into winter wonderland – video"

Last edited by Wojewoda; 2017-12-12 at 10:44.
    Windows 7 Chrome 62.0.3202.94

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b2a1a1 (A2423+)
    mtDNA
    U3a1a(1)
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Politics
    laissez faire
    Religion
    Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Wojewoda View Post
    Yeah!

They just understood, with the Winter...Narnia comes!

Stunning photographs capture the eerie Narnia-style beauty of Poland in the winter, from frozen observatories to glacial valleys
    Last edited by Pioterus; 2017-12-12 at 10:48.

― Andrzej Sapkowski
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pioterus For This Useful Post:

Wojewoda (2017-12-12)

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast