Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Atheist
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands Dominica

Quote Originally Posted by tauromenion View Post
    Melanesians are not related to Sub-Saharans, they are closely related to ancient South Asians. If Polynesians are "part black" so are South Indians, Bengalis, Sri Lankans who are also related to them.
    I think he knows that, thats why he says 'black' instead of black.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaquille For This Useful Post:

pgbk87 (2016-04-24)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2016-11-09 @ 03:28
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1a1
    mtDNA
    T2f1
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    North Sea Mutt
    Religion
    Heathen
    United States Skull and crossbones Viking United States

Not particularly.....

Established Member
    Last Online
    2016-09-07 @ 01:57
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U5b2a2b1
    Phenotype
    Cro Magnoid

Melanesians are not related to Sub-Saharans, they are closely related to ancient South Asians. If Polynesians are "part black" so are South Indians, Bengalis, Sri Lankans who are also related to them.
    That's why he put black in quotes. He's saying Melanesians look Black, but aren't African. So, the point he's making is Rock's blood is from people with Black skin and curly hair.

- - - Updated - - -

If there was a movie about Native Americans they should cast Indigenous peoples or people significantly mixed with Indigenous American, whether from the US, Mexico, Guatemala or somewhere else.

The best choice would be either a US Native American or Mexican American, as many US tribes were related to those in Mexico.
    The question is, are there enough good enough actors from those backgrounds. I spoke with and saw a Native American for the first time in my life last week, that's how few of them there are in the United States. 2% are US citzens are native, but if you take out Alaskan natives and ones who are largely white, the number might be a lot lower. I thought he was Mexican at first. My Mexican coworkers thought he was Mexican and spoke Spanish to him. Amerindian-looking Mexicans with makeup would be the best choice. But still there might not be a lot of actors aviable, and please don't complain about Hollywood racism if white actors are chosen.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krefter For This Useful Post:

Khashoor (2016-04-24), pgbk87 (2016-04-24), Shaquille (2016-04-24)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Krefter View Post
    The question is, are there enough good enough actors from those backgrounds. I spoke with and saw a Native American for the first time in my life last week, that's how few of them there are in the United States. 2% are US citzens are native, but if you take out Alaskan natives and ones who are largely white, the number might be a lot lower. I thought he was Mexican at first. My Mexican coworkers thought he was Mexican and spoke Spanish to him. Amerindian-looking Mexicans with makeup would be the best choice. But still there might not be a lot of actors aviable, and please don't complain about Hollywood racism if white actors are chosen.

There's no short amount of Native American actors, just films for them.

--------------------

I don't know. Maybe with the right makeup and costuming he could be believable playing a Native American character, but he looks more like a Polynesian. They did cast half Indigenous Peruvian/Swiss actress Q'Orianka Kilcher as the Native Hawaiian/Scottish Princess Kaiulani of the Kingdom of Hawai'i once.

But it'd be just as unnecessary as when they casted a Eurasian girl (half European, half East Asian) to play Pocahontas. They could just get a Native American actor to do it. I say, we should have more Pacific Islander films! I can't wait to see the trailer for Moana!

---------------------------
    Is there any group of Native Americans that overlap with Polynesians?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sully For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2016-04-24), Khashoor (2016-04-24)

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-04-30 @ 19:05

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post

--------------------

I don't know. Maybe with the right makeup and costuming he could be believable playing a Native American character, but he looks more like a Polynesian. They did cast half Indigenous Peruvian/Swiss actress Q'Orianka Kilcher as the Native Hawaiian/Scottish Princess Kaiulani of the Kingdom of Hawai'i once.
    Thanks. I think you are right that he looks more Polynesian.

Hmm not sure what group of Native Americans/Amerindians overlap with Pacific Islanders. Maybe the ones in the Pacific coast?

Maybe I should make a thread asking about Native Americans and Pacific Islanders overlap.

I make this same thread on AS (Anthroscape) and only a few people respond. Its seems most of them don't know anything or not interest about any other race at all besides Caucasoids/West Eurasians. But it make sense since around 99% of members on AS are from Caucasoid/West Eurasian racial backgrounds which I find quite ironic since the AS name itself is also "Human Biodiversity Forum".
    Last edited by Khashoor; 2016-04-24 at 09:37.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Khashoor For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2016-04-24)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Khashoor View Post

Hmm not sure what group of Native Americans/Amerindians overlap with Pacific Islanders. Maybe the ones in the Pacific coast?

Maybe I should make a thread asking about Native Americans and Pacific Islanders overlap.

I make this same thread on AS (Anthroscape) and only a few people respond. Its seems most of them don't know anything or not interest about any other race at all besides Caucasoids/West Eurasians. But it make sense since around 99% of members on AS are from Caucasoid/West Eurasian racial backgrounds which I find quite ironic since the AS name itself is also "Human Biodiversity Forum".
    These HBD forums tend to be Eurocentric, though. Probably because, and I have broken this down before, HBD is a belief system of the Dark Enlightenment (or #NRx), which is a subset of the Alt-Right. These movements are racist (as well as misogynistic), so you will generally see them lean towards West Eurasia.

You see the Alt-Right leanings here too. Particularly with the dick riding of Donald Trump and usage of the words "cuck" or "cuckservative".

Here's an article:

Racism has a new name: HBD
    Last edited by DragonRouge; 2016-04-24 at 11:24.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Acadian proverb

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

Khashoor (2016-04-24)

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-04-30 @ 19:05

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    These HBD forums tend to be Eurocentric, though. Probably because, and I have broken this down before, HBD is a belief system of the Dark Enlightenment (or #NRx), which is a subset of the Alt-Right. These movements are racist (as well as misogynistic), so you will generally see them lean towards West Eurasia.

You see the Alt-Right leanings here too. Particularly with the dick riding of Donald Trump and usage of the words "cuck" or "cuckservative".

Here's an article:

Racism has a new name: HBD
    You are right that HBD forums are pretty Eurocentric. I also notice it is pretty Caucasoid/West Eurasian-centric. I have look at the links. But I don't know sure how it has to with the Dark Enlightenment or Alt-Right.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Khashoor For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2016-04-24)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Khashoor View Post

There are no overlaps, and that's due to both groups having distant features apart from different hair texture on average

There might be individuals who can overlap with Amerindians but the average can't, they are even built differently, they are big boned people

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

Khashoor (2016-04-24)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2016-09-07 @ 01:57
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U5b2a2b1
    Phenotype
    Cro Magnoid

If they make up 2% of the population. It is impossible for them to have a lot of good actors. How many good ginger actors are there? We make up about 2% of Americans. It'd be hard to make an all ginger movie.

I say, we should have more Pacific Islander films! I can't wait to see the trailer for Moana!
    Why should you care? Pacific Islander or Ethiopian or Italian or whatever movie, i don't care, I just care about whether it's entertaining. Pushing for diversity is good, but claiming there's a grand scheme of discrimination towards non-whites causing a lack of diversity is wrong. There is racism, but you exaggerate it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast