User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: Comparison of MENA minorities1195 days old

  1. #21
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist nee4speed111's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:00
    Join Date
    2011-12-01
    Posts
    467
    Gender

    Default

    Eurogenes k15

    Assyrian

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic 5.68
    Baltic 3.27
    Eastern_Euro 2.12
    West_Med 6.68
    West_Asian 30.78
    East_Med 40.69
    Red_Sea 7.11
    South_Asian 3.67
    Southeast_Asian -
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African -
    Sub-Saharan -

    Lebanese Christian

    Population
    North_Sea 1.49
    Atlantic 2.78
    Baltic 1.14
    Eastern_Euro 0.71
    West_Med 11.81
    West_Asian 20.20
    East_Med 47.37
    Red_Sea 12.34
    South_Asian 0.77
    Southeast_Asian 0.23
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 0.87
    Sub-Saharan 0.05

    Lebanese Druze

    North_Sea 3.47
    Atlantic 3.98
    Baltic 1.43
    Eastern_Euro 1.52
    West_Med 7.87
    West_Asian 19.12
    East_Med 50.08
    Red_Sea 9.23
    South_Asian 1.53
    Southeast_Asian 0.23
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 0.71
    Sub-Saharan 0.23

    Samaritan

    North_Sea 1.11
    Atlantic 3.28
    Baltic 1.59
    Eastern_Euro 0.36
    West_Med 13.52
    West_Asian 17.20
    East_Med 45.51
    Red_Sea 13.84
    South_Asian 0.92
    Southeast_Asian
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 2.32
    Sub-Saharan

    Palestinian Christian

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic 6.17
    Baltic 1.87
    Eastern_Euro -
    West_Med 11.54
    West_Asian 15.46
    East_Med 46.24
    Red_Sea 15.45
    South_Asian 0.72
    Southeast_Asian -
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 2.54
    Sub-Saharan -

    Egyptian copt 1

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic -
    Baltic -
    Eastern_Euro -
    West_Med 13.64
    West_Asian 5.61
    East_Med 45.58
    Red_Sea 23.18
    South_Asian -
    Southeast_Asian -
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 12.00
    Sub-Saharan -

    Egyptian copt 2

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic 0.22
    Baltic -
    Eastern_Euro -
    West_Med 13.17
    West_Asian 4.67
    East_Med 50.46
    Red_Sea 19.07
    South_Asian -
    Southeast_Asian 0.05
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian 0.10
    Northeast_African 12.25
    Sub-Saharan -

    Mozabite Berber

    Population
    North_Sea 1.2
    Atlantic 11.89
    Baltic 0.42
    Eastern_Euro 0.2
    West_Med 23.64
    West_Asian 0.24
    East_Med 22.64
    Red_Sea 15.62
    South_Asian -
    Southeast_Asian 0.05
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian
    Northeast_African 12.15
    Sub-Saharan 11.62

    Algerian

    Population
    North_Sea 4.18
    Atlantic 8.75
    Baltic 0.98
    Eastern_Euro 0.51
    West_Med 21.32
    West_Asian 0.93
    East_Med 25.14
    Red_Sea 15.47
    South_Asian 0.2
    Southeast_Asian 0.05
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian
    Northeast_African 11.84
    Sub-Saharan 10.12

    Yemenite Jew

    Population
    North_Sea 0.27
    Atlantic
    Baltic
    Eastern_Euro
    West_Med 4.4
    West_Asian 5.41
    East_Med 54.11
    Red_Sea 27.46
    South_Asian 0.48
    Southeast_Asian 0.06
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian
    Northeast_African 6.11
    Sub-Saharan

    Ethiopian Tigray

    Population
    North_Sea
    Atlantic 0.49
    Baltic
    Eastern_Euro
    West_Med 2.25
    West_Asian 0.24
    East_Med 20.45
    Red_Sea 24.26
    South_Asian 0.03
    Southeast_Asian 0.01
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian
    Northeast_African 48.98
    Sub-Saharan 2.79

    Somali

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic -
    Baltic -
    Eastern_Euro -
    West_Med 1.58
    West_Asian -
    East_Med 7.86
    Red_Sea 22.60
    South_Asian -
    Southeast_Asian -
    Siberian 0.18
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 59.76
    Sub-Saharan 7.02

    Sudanese

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic 0.85
    Baltic 0.25
    Eastern_Euro -
    West_Med 0.93
    West_Asian 1.51
    East_Med 21.06
    Red_Sea 21.10
    South_Asian -
    Southeast_Asian 1.05
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian 0.37
    Northeast_African 38.21
    Sub-Saharan 14.67

    So the most interesting component that this test picks up has to be the Red_Sea component, as it seems to be a very african shifted Eurasian component (i.e Basal Eurasian) judging by how it varies from the different populations. East_Med is another interesting component that all of these populations share, it peaks in Yemeni Jews, followed by lebanese druze and copts, but it seems to be in the 40+ range in all of the M.E christian populations.

    The drop in East_Med in Somali's compared to Ethiopians and Sudanese is also interesting, it might just be a reflection of their higher SSA admixture though. If anyone else see's anything interesting, please comment.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nee4speed111 For This Useful Post:

    FinallyDeRico (2016-05-12), Krefter (2016-05-12), pgbk87 (2016-05-12)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #22
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2018-07-01 @ 02:39
    Join Date
    2015-09-25
    Posts
    470
    Gender

    Default

    That is what I find interesting about the East Med component in Eurogenes. Why does it peak in Jews from Yemen? What is it exactly? Red Sea is the mark of having deep Afro-Asiatic history.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to FinallyDeRico For This Useful Post:

    nee4speed111 (2016-05-12)

  6. #23
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist nee4speed111's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:00
    Join Date
    2011-12-01
    Posts
    467
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyDeRico View Post
    That is what I find interesting about the East Med component in Eurogenes. Why does it peak in Jews from Yemen? What is it exactly? Red Sea is the mark of having deep Afro-Asiatic history.
    yeah its very curious, a component that peaks in Yemenite Jews, followed by levantines and Egyptian copts seems like it should be called Near Eastern not Eastern Med, especially when you consider the fact that the average Ethiopian or Sudanese individual has as much of this component as Greek's or Tuscans, not exactly what one envisions when you imagine a Mediterranean component.

    The fact that Somali's are 15% more SSA than the Ethiopian sample yet their Red Sea admixture barely changes is also very curious, or the fact that everyone from Berbers and other Nrth Africans, to Levantines, to copts, yemenite Jews and Horner Africans all fall within the 15-25% range in this component, despite their massive differences in other components. I agree with you, it seems like a very strong Afro-Aistatic marker based on that.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nee4speed111 For This Useful Post:

    FinallyDeRico (2016-05-12), Khashoor (2016-09-18), pgbk87 (2016-05-13), SomaliSuldaan (2016-05-12)

  8. #24
    QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2016-01-25
    Posts
    1,667
    Location
    Nazret/Adama
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    V32 (East Cushite)
    mtDNA
    L0a1* (Nigga blood)
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Metaethnos
    Cushite
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Politics
    Anti-Bantu
    Religion
    Greater Somalia
    Somaliland Djibouti Canada Yemen Arab League

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nee4speed111 View Post

    The drop in East_Med in Somali's compared to Ethiopians and Sudanese is also interesting, it might just be a reflection of their higher SSA admixture though. If anyone else see's anything interesting, please comment.
    Somalis lack the newer ME genes that Ethiopians received when they shifted to the Geez language and I think for Sudanese it must have been the Arabs.Somalis are descendants of the older wave of Eurasians which might explain the smaller amount of East Med and also basically tiny amounts of CHG compared to Ethios,Sudanese,and MENA people

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SomaliSuldaan For This Useful Post:

    Khashoor (2016-09-18), nee4speed111 (2016-05-12), pgbk87 (2016-05-12)

  10. #25
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist nee4speed111's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:00
    Join Date
    2011-12-01
    Posts
    467
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomaliSuldaan View Post
    Somalis lack the newer ME genes that Ethiopians received when they shifted to the Geez language and I think for Sudanese it must have been the Arabs.Somalis are descendants of the older wave of Eurasians which might explain the smaller amount of East Med and also basically tiny amounts of CHG compared to Ethios,Sudanese,and MENA people
    I don't think this calculator represents CHG clearly, but the closest component to it is West_Asian, which in the samples I posted peaks in Assyrians at 30%, is reduced in levantines to 15-20%, drops again in copts and yemenite jews to 4-5%, and becomes basically irrelevant in other North and Horner Africans.

    The Sudanese sample has a more West African pull compared to Horners, which makes sense considering the Geography and history of Sudan in comparison to the Horn of Africa, the Sudanese individual in question is the one who's photo I posted in the classification thread btw.

    Its pretty fascinating to examine the shared ancestry of these groups, although we are basically throwing darts in the dark until we can get some ancient genomes, I don't believe its a coincidence that all of these groups share a part of their ancestry with each other, especially when you consider they all belong to the same macro-language family.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nee4speed111 For This Useful Post:

    pgbk87 (2016-05-12), SomaliSuldaan (2016-05-12)

  12. #26
    Regular Member
    Junior Member
    Last Online
    2019-03-30 @ 17:19
    Join Date
    2014-05-17
    Posts
    41
    Gender

    Default

    # Population Percent
    1 Northeast_African 56.32
    2 Red_Sea 22.7
    3 East_Med 10.5
    4 Sub-Saharan 7.9
    5 West_Med 1.78
    6 Southeast_Asian 0.76
    7 Oceanian 0.04


    # Population Percent
    1 Northeast_African 57.56
    2 Red_Sea 22.74
    3 East_Med 8.78
    4 Sub-Saharan 7.27
    5 West_Med 2.9
    6 Siberian 0.44
    7 Atlantic 0.21
    8 Southeast_Asian 0.08

    # Population Percent
    1 Northeast_African 57.97
    2 Red_Sea 22.64
    3 East_Med 10.44
    4 Sub-Saharan 7.41
    5 West_Med 1.36
    6 Amerindian 0.17

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jannah For This Useful Post:

    nee4speed111 (2016-05-12)

  14. #27
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist nee4speed111's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:00
    Join Date
    2011-12-01
    Posts
    467
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jannah View Post
    # Population Percent
    1 Northeast_African 56.32
    2 Red_Sea 22.7
    3 East_Med 10.5
    4 Sub-Saharan 7.9
    5 West_Med 1.78
    6 Southeast_Asian 0.76
    7 Oceanian 0.04


    # Population Percent
    1 Northeast_African 57.56
    2 Red_Sea 22.74
    3 East_Med 8.78
    4 Sub-Saharan 7.27
    5 West_Med 2.9
    6 Siberian 0.44
    7 Atlantic 0.21
    8 Southeast_Asian 0.08

    # Population Percent
    1 Northeast_African 57.97
    2 Red_Sea 22.64
    3 East_Med 10.44
    4 Sub-Saharan 7.41
    5 West_Med 1.36
    6 Amerindian 0.17
    Are these samples Somali's?

  15. #28
    Regular Member
    Junior Member
    Last Online
    2019-03-30 @ 17:19
    Join Date
    2014-05-17
    Posts
    41
    Gender

    Default

    Sorry yes all Somalis to answer your question. My posts are still moderated so I can't edit or reply to posts right away.
    I have quite a few kits from GEDmatch and we all average about the same.

  16. #29
    Regular Member
    Junior Member
    Last Online
    2019-03-30 @ 17:19
    Join Date
    2014-05-17
    Posts
    41
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nee4speed111 View Post
    Eurogenes k15

    Assyrian

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic 5.68
    Baltic 3.27
    Eastern_Euro 2.12
    West_Med 6.68
    West_Asian 30.78
    East_Med 40.69
    Red_Sea 7.11
    South_Asian 3.67
    Southeast_Asian -
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African -
    Sub-Saharan -

    Lebanese Christian

    Population
    North_Sea 1.49
    Atlantic 2.78
    Baltic 1.14
    Eastern_Euro 0.71
    West_Med 11.81
    West_Asian 20.20
    East_Med 47.37
    Red_Sea 12.34
    South_Asian 0.77
    Southeast_Asian 0.23
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 0.87
    Sub-Saharan 0.05

    Lebanese Druze

    North_Sea 3.47
    Atlantic 3.98
    Baltic 1.43
    Eastern_Euro 1.52
    West_Med 7.87
    West_Asian 19.12
    East_Med 50.08
    Red_Sea 9.23
    South_Asian 1.53
    Southeast_Asian 0.23
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 0.71
    Sub-Saharan 0.23

    Samaritan

    North_Sea 1.11
    Atlantic 3.28
    Baltic 1.59
    Eastern_Euro 0.36
    West_Med 13.52
    West_Asian 17.20
    East_Med 45.51
    Red_Sea 13.84
    South_Asian 0.92
    Southeast_Asian
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 2.32
    Sub-Saharan

    Palestinian Christian

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic 6.17
    Baltic 1.87
    Eastern_Euro -
    West_Med 11.54
    West_Asian 15.46
    East_Med 46.24
    Red_Sea 15.45
    South_Asian 0.72
    Southeast_Asian -
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 2.54
    Sub-Saharan -

    Egyptian copt 1

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic -
    Baltic -
    Eastern_Euro -
    West_Med 13.64
    West_Asian 5.61
    East_Med 45.58
    Red_Sea 23.18
    South_Asian -
    Southeast_Asian -
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 12.00
    Sub-Saharan -

    Egyptian copt 2

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic 0.22
    Baltic -
    Eastern_Euro -
    West_Med 13.17
    West_Asian 4.67
    East_Med 50.46
    Red_Sea 19.07
    South_Asian -
    Southeast_Asian 0.05
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian 0.10
    Northeast_African 12.25
    Sub-Saharan -

    Mozabite Berber

    Population
    North_Sea 1.2
    Atlantic 11.89
    Baltic 0.42
    Eastern_Euro 0.2
    West_Med 23.64
    West_Asian 0.24
    East_Med 22.64
    Red_Sea 15.62
    South_Asian -
    Southeast_Asian 0.05
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian
    Northeast_African 12.15
    Sub-Saharan 11.62

    Algerian

    Population
    North_Sea 4.18
    Atlantic 8.75
    Baltic 0.98
    Eastern_Euro 0.51
    West_Med 21.32
    West_Asian 0.93
    East_Med 25.14
    Red_Sea 15.47
    South_Asian 0.2
    Southeast_Asian 0.05
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian
    Northeast_African 11.84
    Sub-Saharan 10.12

    Yemenite Jew

    Population
    North_Sea 0.27
    Atlantic
    Baltic
    Eastern_Euro
    West_Med 4.4
    West_Asian 5.41
    East_Med 54.11
    Red_Sea 27.46
    South_Asian 0.48
    Southeast_Asian 0.06
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian
    Northeast_African 6.11
    Sub-Saharan

    Ethiopian Tigray

    Population
    North_Sea
    Atlantic 0.49
    Baltic
    Eastern_Euro
    West_Med 2.25
    West_Asian 0.24
    East_Med 20.45
    Red_Sea 24.26
    South_Asian 0.03
    Southeast_Asian 0.01
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian
    Northeast_African 48.98
    Sub-Saharan 2.79

    Somali

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic -
    Baltic -
    Eastern_Euro -
    West_Med 1.58
    West_Asian -
    East_Med 7.86
    Red_Sea 22.60
    South_Asian -
    Southeast_Asian -
    Siberian 0.18
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian -
    Northeast_African 59.76
    Sub-Saharan 7.02

    Sudanese

    Population
    North_Sea -
    Atlantic 0.85
    Baltic 0.25
    Eastern_Euro -
    West_Med 0.93
    West_Asian 1.51
    East_Med 21.06
    Red_Sea 21.10
    South_Asian -
    Southeast_Asian 1.05
    Siberian -
    Amerindian -
    Oceanian 0.37
    Northeast_African 38.21
    Sub-Saharan 14.67

    So the most interesting component that this test picks up has to be the Red_Sea component, as it seems to be a very african shifted Eurasian component (i.e Basal Eurasian) judging by how it varies from the different populations. East_Med is another interesting component that all of these populations share, it peaks in Yemeni Jews, followed by lebanese druze and copts, but it seems to be in the 40+ range in all of the M.E christian populations.

    The drop in East_Med in Somali's compared to Ethiopians and Sudanese is also interesting, it might just be a reflection of their higher SSA admixture though. If anyone else see's anything interesting, please comment.
    Somalis don't have higher admixture they have higher North East African ( peaks in Somalis anyhow) with no other Admixture. To put it simply Ethios have recent ME and Sudanese have recent ME and West African admixture.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jannah For This Useful Post:

    nee4speed111 (2016-05-13), pgbk87 (2016-05-12)

  18. #30
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist nee4speed111's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:00
    Join Date
    2011-12-01
    Posts
    467
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jannah View Post
    Somalis don't have higher admixture they have higher North East African ( peaks in Somalis anyhow) with no other Admixture. To put it simply Ethios have recent ME and Sudanese have recent ME and West African admixture.
    Well Somali's also have Red_Sea, East_Med and a tiny bit of West_Med admixture, its not just North East African

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Most Pan-MENA country
    By Berber_Warrior in forum Race & Ethnicity in Society
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2015-09-17, 21:54
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2014-09-09, 03:34
  3. MENA tv hosts
    By Particula in forum Other
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2012-07-01, 05:33
  4. How would these MENA be seen in your country?
    By Particula in forum Africa
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2012-01-07, 05:44
  5. MENA section?
    By Satlan in forum Help & Suggestions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-05-05, 06:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<