Today @ 00:31
    Ethnicity
    US and A
    Phenotype
    Wog
    Religion
    Christian
    Jersey

Almost none. I would wager very little Amerindian for johnsccp. Negligible at best. But then again I know nothing of Amerindian classification.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eggyolk View Post
    Dude, I'm so obviously Brachy
    East Med is just a term to mean you look east of the Mediterranean sea. Mediterranean latitudes but longitudes east of the sea.

Turks, Armenians, Azeris, Levantines etc are all variations of East Med classifications. Like Iberians can be West Med. It's just an all encompassing term for saying "you look Eastern"
    Last edited by Genuine Interest; 2017-11-14 at 19:53.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:23
    J-M172 (Caucasus)
    mtDNA
    R0A2 (Arabia)
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Metaethnos
    Turkic + Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Turk + Kurd
    Phenotype
    East-Alpine + Turanid
    Turkey Kurdistan

Quote Originally Posted by Genuine Interest View Post
    Almost none. I would wager very little Amerindian for johnsccp. Negligible at best. But then again I know nothing of Amerindian classification.

- - - Updated - - -

East Med is just a term to mean you look east of the Mediterranean sea. Mediterranean latitudes but longitudes east of the sea.

Turks, Armenians, Azeris, Levantines etc are all variations of East Med classifications. Like Iberians can be West Med. It's just an all encompassing term for saying "you look Eastern"
    East-Med is an actual phenotype dude.

And that statement isn't true at all. Armenians are predominantly in the Taurid spectrum, not East Med. Kurds are predominantly in the Irano-Afghan spectrum and Turks are a mix of all 3 along with Central Asian types.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eggyolk For This Useful Post:

Targum (2017-11-14)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:31
    Ethnicity
    US and A
    Phenotype
    Wog
    Religion
    Christian
    Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by eggyolk View Post
    East-Med is an actual phenotype dude.

And that statement isn't true at all. Armenians are predominantly in the Taurid spectrum, not East Med. Kurds are predominantly in the Irano-Afghan spectrum and Turks are a mix of all 3 along with Central Asian types.
    What is the source of this phenotype? I have never heard of it outside of the anthroweb. Who even came up with that composite and how did they come up with it/who did they use? If this is simply an "Eastern" version of Gracile Mediterranid then it is simply just Gracile Med. From the composite the people look Gracile Med anyway. To me, East Med are the Arab looking Italians and the Pontid people. Those people look Eastern to me. But as you can read in the pic you showed me, East Meds are apparently mixed with Alpine too so it doesn't discount you from being East Med.

Btw I don't trust those colored "morph" images anyway. It doesn't seem they were based on anything other than the author's preconceived notions. I know that the Atlanto Med "morph" they used looks rather inaccurate and in fact not very different from the Gracile Mediterranid (all it seems was changed was the skin tone for whatever stupid reason).

Here the Atlanto Med has a thinner face than the Gracile Med. The other features are practically identical. But Atlanto Meds don't have thinner faces than Gracile Meds at all. Their faces are less leptoprosopic and their jaw more developed. Also they gave the Atlanto Med the same sized nose as the Gracile Med which is completely inaccurate as Gracile Meds have thin and short noses while Atlanto Meds have long and thin noses. At least when it comes to various Med phenos these morphs are quite bad. No way Atlanto Meds have thinner faces than Gracile Meds. Gracile Meds are known for their thin faced while Atlanto Meds have the stronger jaws. Whoever made this honestly just seems to have wanted people to look a certain way and ignored actual Anthro literature.
    Last edited by Genuine Interest; 2017-11-14 at 23:09.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:23
    J-M172 (Caucasus)
    mtDNA
    R0A2 (Arabia)
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Metaethnos
    Turkic + Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Turk + Kurd
    Phenotype
    East-Alpine + Turanid
    Turkey Kurdistan

Quote Originally Posted by Genuine Interest View Post
    What is the source of this phenotype? I have never heard of it outside of the anthroweb. Who even came up with that composite and how did they come up with it/who did they use? If this is simply an "Eastern" version of Gracile Mediterranid then it is simply just Gracile Med. From the composite the people look Gracile Med anyway. To me, East Med are the Arab looking Italians and the Pontid people. Those people look Eastern to me. But as you can read in the pic you showed me, East Meds are apparently mixed with Alpine too so it doesn't discount you from being East Med.

Btw I don't trust those colored "morph" images anyway. It doesn't seem they were based on anything other than the author's preconceived notions. I know that the Atlanto Med "morph" they used looks rather inaccurate and in fact not very different from the Gracile Mediterranid (all it seems was changed was the skin tone for whatever stupid reason).

Here the Atlanto Med has a thinner face than the Gracile Med. The other features are practically identical. But Atlanto Meds don't have thinner faces than Gracile Meds at all. Their faces are less leptoprosopic and their jaw more developed. Also they gave the Atlanto Med the same sized nose as the Gracile Med which is completely inaccurate as Gracile Meds have thin and short noses while Atlanto Meds have long and thin noses. At least when it comes to various Med phenos these morphs are quite bad. No way Atlanto Meds have thinner faces than Gracile Meds. Gracile Meds are known for their thin faced while Atlanto Meds have the stronger jaws. Whoever made this honestly just seems to have wanted people to look a certain way and ignored actual Anthro literature.
    The composites are not the most accurate, the phenotype descriptions are what makes them what they are. East meds biggest difference to other meds is their oriental admixture which changes their overall look. Regardless, I can not be a Med in any sense simply due to the fact that I am Brachy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to eggyolk For This Useful Post:

Targum (2017-11-14)

Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85