proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Default NixYO and Semitic Duwa are now moderators!

As a, you could say, "fresh reboot" of ABF, I've demodded all old school ABF moderators except El Andullero, because he has almost as good taste in video games as I do, so that means there's some common sense in his head. I'll be announcing some other new moderators along the way later this year, but from now on, NixYO and Semitic Duwa will be helping me out with this joint, and I'll of course be co-moderating with them. NixYO is more or less in the white nationalist direction, and Duwa is a fanatical, "genocidal Zionist", as he used to describe himself politically As a consequence, both strongly dislike (hate?) each other, and that makes them the perfect match as a moderator duo! Semitic Duwa and NixYO were best described by Shang Tsung in the original Mortal Kombat film; NixYO being a freezing cold below zero degrees Nordic ninja, Duwa being a scorpion-like evil Jewish snake, and me being the nerdy, Asian looking, evil big boss :

Semitic Duwa and NixYO, Deadliest Of Enemies, But Slaves Under My Powah!

^^ The best moderation in my opinion, is a politically diverse list of moderators, with opposing views, different ethnic backgrounds and so on. This ensures that no one moderates based on his ethnic interests and other biases. So, I believe, and I'm pretty confident, that NixYO and Duwa will do an excellent job, and while they won't moderate all the same sections, they will co-moderate some sections.

NixYO will be moderating the following sections:

• Cultural Anthropology
    • History & Archaeology
    • Skandinaviskt Forum
    • Earth Sciences
    • Physical Sciences
    • Politics & Ideologies
    • The Lounge
    • Biological Anthropology

And Duwa will start out with the following sections:

• Genetics & Genealogy
    • Linguistics
    • Urheimat Theories

I'll be schooling NixYO and Duwa in the arts of moderating and what's what around here, and together we'll be making ABF into the best, funniest, most active, highbrowest and hardcorest, gangstatwist anthropology forum on the internetz! However, both are avid forumites with plenty of forum experience in their own right, so they both pretty much know what to do and you can report posts etc. as usual, and they'll know how to sort it out.

That said, I'm gonna do this thread a bit differently from how I usually do it, when I announce new moderators. Usually I just announce the sections the new moderator is going to moderate, a short presentation of the moderator, and that's it. However, this time around it's a bit different, and so it requires a different type of thread, and I'll be going off on a long rant below.

ABF has been around for 6, almost 7 years today (it's exactly 6 years and 10 months now, since ABF launched on 2009-10-23). ABF has had its ups and downs over the years, and I think ABF can be categorized after three phases, or periods in its history:

Phase I, 2009-10-23 ---> 2012-04-22:

The first two and half years was ABF's early period, which saw a steady growth in members, good activity, fun threads, flame wars, drama queens, enlightening and educational highbrow genetics discussion, hot attention whores with their mandatory bad taste, Finns vs "Zupan", excessive Gypsy threads by Inquiring Mind, and so on. For all its flaws and disappointments -- and there were many -- it was a damn fun time, and best described as "classic ABF". Those of you who weren't around back then, you guys sure missed out. I'm glad we have all the forum history preserved from that time, it was truly a top notch experience. The first ABF phase, can be characterized as a period of "strength". The lamest forum ever, was launched about the same time as ABF, and it was called "Anthrocivitas". As a joke, we used to call it Anthrokiwitas, and it consisted of pretty much the same forum members as ABF, but due to the snobby forum policies of Kiwitas, this forum eventually died out on its own and has been missed by no one ever since, and the internet is a better place without it. Like many other internet forums, Anthrokiwitas was simply a misunderstanding. Another related forum, DNA-Forums, also shut down around the same time, and so ABF prospered during this period.

Phase II, 2012-04-23 ---> 2016-08-22:

The second phase can be characterized as the period of "weakness", and it began when ABF was hacked, which started on the 23rd of April if I remember correctly, or maybe it was the 24th (I'll have to double check later). Anyway, around this time, the "Gaza hacker", a Palestinian script kiddy, using vBulletin hacking scripts that were available in hacker circles, began causing a lot of damage. Initially it was simply defacing the index.php with Qur'an quotes and pictures with Arabic text, and so on. At first, I just thought it was someone trolling, but turns out this "Gaza hacker" was actually serious, and I verified his IP address from a later intrusion, that it really came from Palestine. Then he began getting more aggressive and ugly, by for example hijacking ABF's traffic to redirect to his ads and so on. This Islamic insanity continued until 2013-08-13, when he deleted the database. Fortunately, an automatic backup was available from 3 days earlier, but unfortunately, that backup got overwritten by the automatic backup process, which contained an empty database. So, ABF was this close from being gone completely, but an older backup happened to be lying around from early 2013, and so, we could continue from this older backed up database.

Anyway, ABF was eventually secured in late 2013, after NixYO hooked me up with Chloë, and while "Gaza hacker" was still trying to hack ABF all the way into 2014, I haven't detected any intrusions since 2014-05-13, after which he simply couldn't hack the forum any longer (or just stopped, I'm not sure which), the exception being recently (a few weeks ago or so), when he tried, but I discovered him very quickly and removed all his hacking scripts. Chloë isn't as active here these days (she's busy running her own security oriented forum over at Swehack), but she's still around if ever needed. And such database loses will never, ever happen again, because nowadays I make manual backups daily, and aside from Chloë (who's awesome!), I also got in touch recently, IRL, with this badass Swedish hacker; turned out we have a common IRL friend who hooked us up, so we discussed a little and so on. That means, ABF is now protected by not only Chloë, but also by that Swedish hacker if there's ever a need for it. Moreover, I've improved my understanding in dealing with vBulletin's security, cleaning out base64 code etcetera. So while it's always possible, I seriously doubt we're ever going to have any serious problems from now on, but you never know, because for example, ubuntuforums.org (also running vBulletin 4) has been hacked many times over, with user passwords and so on leaking. I guess you always have to expect the possibility of this happening.

I did however, learn a lot about ABF's member base, during phase II. Loyalty, disloyalty, which were the serious and dedicated high-end members, which were the moron members who couldn't even keep track of the email they registered with on ABF, the paranoid members, the coward members and so on, stuff like that. It was a very interesting experience to say the least, and my psychology skills definitely got sharper throughout this period.

ABF has survived this great ordeal that almost killed it, and while ABF survived, it still hasn't gotten back to the same activity level it used to be around here back in say, summer of 2011 or so. There are three important reasons for this being the case:

1) Anthrogayica (alternatively Anthrofagica or Anthrodorkica), quite arguably the ultimate incel club, whose members aggrandize all day their Y-DNA; the same Y-DNA they'll ironically never get to spread, was launched in mid 2012. This forum remained a cemetery until early 2014 or so. It still is a cemetery of course, and the only discussions there are about Y-DNA being speculated forever and ever by autists and incels. In any case, the genetics crowd (a very important but also highly, extremely problematic part of ABF's member base) began to some degree move their activity to this forum. This is because the genetics crowd doesn't really have any other hobbies or interests; they're literally, DNA junkies, and the only thing that's on their mind, is haplogroups and similar topics most sane people would be bored to death with.

2) Aprishitty. This forum isn't so much lame as it is really stupid, and the mean IQ over there is like 80, max. Aprishitty has been significantly dumbed down over the years, and while it has always been made up of primarily stupid members, there was a time when it was a Europeans only forum, and so, the stupidity level over there used to be at European standards of dumbass. Nowadays, I hear it's Turks and Kurds waging their terrorist wars against one another daily over at Apricity, and similar nonsense. Anyway, the dumber segment of ABF's member base, to some degree also migrated to Aprishitty (along with trolls I used to ban here). No doubt, are they doing their part in dumbing down that forum even further, and to that extent, I'm really proud of my former members

3) Genome bloggers. I've always been tolerant and lenient of ABF's members running their own blogs and advertising them here and so on, but from now on, ABF will no longer be held hostage to blogs. No one cares about blogs, except the guys running them. Blogs are basically a career-move, and the only valid reason to maintain a blog, is if you're a hot blonde with big tits trying to promote yourself (or something like that anyway), and even then, there's nowadays other types of social media where these hot blondes advertise their looks, so I predict that no one will be using blogs in 10 years.

Anyway, this genome blogging nonsense, was started out by Dienekes. Many years later, Polako also began with it. Then other ABF members also began launching their genome blogs, and so on. It has reached ridiculous, caricature levels nowadays, and it's like one big blog turf war where every genetics nerd who has accumulated an ego the size of a small planet, now guards his pristine blog on a daily basis. Look, blogs will never get anyone anywhere. Even Polako, who's as skilled and self-taught as he is in genetics, will never establish a professional career in genetics, because the field is already crowded with PhD educated geneticists. In any case, ABF is a real anthropology community, and we're interested in discussing population genetics and other topics, here, and this forum will no longer be abused as a platform to promote genome bloggers and any other kind of bloggers. We stick together as an anthropology community and debate passionately, or you guys can continue doing your lame circle jerk on irrelevant blogs no one cares about.

The biggest problem I have with bloggers though, is what I call, the snob effect. Professional psychologists should study genome bloggers (it's actually an interesting personality study!). What starts out as a humble guy with a cool sense of humor posting here, after getting some attention, opens up a genome blog, then he eventually starts taking himself far too seriously and becomes way too snobby, and then he thinks he's too good for ABF. Well you know what? Fuck that. Your blogs aren't going to be allowed here from now on. I'm moving on and I've grown really tired of this faggotry.

Phase III, 2016-08-23:

The third phase in ABF's history, starts today, and third time being the charm, if everything goes as planned, we'll be dominating the internetz soon! I'm confident that along with NixYO and Semitic Duwa watching my back, we'll smack the shit out of Anthrofagica, we'll bomb the hell out of Aprishitty and we'll bury all these redundant, superfluous and faggy genome bloggers, fo' realz dawgs! While writing this long ass post, I've been listening to some of the most badass, aggressive and hardcore gangsta rap songs ever made:

Troublesome '96 - 2pac:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdX79pwyBII

2Pac - Hit 'Em Up (Dirty) (Official Video) HD:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41qC3w3UUkU

2Pac - Hellrazor:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAvmFbztcQ

2PAC- R U Still Down? (Remember Me):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDdbzum8ClI

^^ Word up, niggaz. And aside from new moderators, I also have major plans for a new forum. I was initially going to launch it back in April (actually, on the 23rd of April 2016, to be exact), but oh well, what can I say? I've been busy with vegan bodybuilding, and what started out as postponing it a day or two, eventually became months. In any case, it should be launched soon, I'm working on it with server installation and so on, it's going to be awesome, but I can't reveal more for now. It won't be anthropology oriented though. I'll also be announcing new rules for ABF soon, and they're going to be Wikipedia-like in nature, meaning, genome blogs will fall under what they on Wikipedia call, "unreliable sources" and "undue weight"; seriously now, if ABF is ever going to be a serious, academic-style forum, it can't revolve around bloggers being the center of attention. I really hate the iPhone, but damnit, Jobs was right about one thing:

“I don’t want to see us descend into a nation of bloggers.” ― Steve Jobs

^^ Damn straight, and I'll be putting an end to this nonsense from now on, at least here on ABF.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2016-08-29 at 13:00.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

aregint (2016-08-28), Celph Titled (2016-08-24), Cromagnorse (2016-08-29), El Andullero (2016-08-23), NixYO (2016-08-23), Pioterus (2016-08-29), randomguy1235 (2016-08-23), Semitic Duwa (2016-08-23), Simi (2016-08-24), The Apple (2016-08-24), Tuohikirje (2016-08-28), Xez (2016-08-23), XMidnightX (2016-08-30)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Usuario
    Last Online
    @

Memories....

I think I am from an earlier period, the "Gareth period"
    Last edited by jibarodepr; 2016-08-23 at 22:40.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jibarodepr For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-08-23), Semitic Duwa (2016-08-23)

Last Online
    2018-03-29 @ 08:16
    R1b L-21
    Basque Mexico United States

Sup with that mod status, Can I get Mods status too?
    I can be the DNA Transcribing mod Helping people out with their Haplogroups and finding their subclade.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostENVY For This Useful Post:

Semitic Duwa (2016-08-23), Shaquille (2016-08-24)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2017-01-17 @ 09:37
    R1a1-M17
    mtDNA
    V
    Phenotype
    Cro-Magnon
    Religion
    Catholtic
    Hungary Hunnish Romania Hungary Ireland Moldavia

Very good choice.

Both seem to be very reasonable members from what I could see so far.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Attila József For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-08-23), NixYO (2016-08-23), Semitic Duwa (2016-08-23)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    N-CTS2929
    mtDNA
    I4
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Sweden Finland Kalmar Union Sweden Tre Kronor Russia

I thought it was a Mordor thread when I first saw the thread name.
    “And, furthermore, that some people have a sex life and others don’t just because some are more attractive than others. I wanted to acknowledge that if people don’t have a sex life, it’s not for some moral reason, it’s just because they’re ugly. Once you’ve said it, it sounds obvious, but I wanted to say it.” — Michel Houellebecq

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NixYO For This Useful Post:

Cromagnorse (2016-08-29), El Andullero (2016-08-24), EliasAlucard (2016-08-23), Semitic Duwa (2016-08-23), Simi (2016-08-24), Tuohikirje (2016-08-28)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

What happened to Ozrage btw? Do you know anything about it Elias?

I think I and Elias are the only people from Sweden who's been here since almost the beginning (may 2010 in my case).

Btw, I used to be a moderator from 2012 to 2013.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Janos For This Useful Post:

Semitic Duwa (2016-08-23)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2018-12-27 @ 03:32
    mtDNA
    U3
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Armenid
    Metaethnos
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Palestine United Arab Emirates Arab League Gambia Amazigh African Union(OAS)

I only know Semitic duwa and he seems to be a reasonable person. I don't know the other guy.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moody900 For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-08-23), pgbk87 (2016-08-24), Semitic Duwa (2016-08-23), TheMask (2016-08-29)

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by jibarodepr View Post
    Memories....

I think I am from an earlier period, the "Gareth period"
    Yeah man, I remember you from the old days

Quote Originally Posted by ghostENVY View Post
    Sup with that mod status, Can I get Mods status too?
    I can be the DNA Transcribing mod Helping people out with their Haplogroups and finding their subclade.
    Well, being a moderator here isn't a status thing; these are actually serious members who care about the forum (much like myself), and want to take responsibility in maintaining this place (really not an easy job!). But I'll tell you what: you boost your activity here, you play by the rules, and I'm sure we can work something out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila József View Post
    Very good choice.

Both seem to be very reasonable members from what I could see so far.
    I agree. I couldn't be happier with these two lunatics as moderators

Quote Originally Posted by NixYO View Post
    I thought it was a Mordor thread when I first saw the thread name.
    That's a good point man, and funny at that

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    What happened to Ozrage btw? Do you know anything about it Elias?
    Yeah, he's still around, but he spends most of his spare time in front of his PS4 these days. We do of course keep contact, he's a cool guy, although, he does complain a lot about taxes these days That's just him being very Swedish, that's all

I think I and Elias are the only people from Sweden who's been here since almost the beginning (may 2010 in my case).
    I'm pretty sure you were around back in the HBF days, no?

Btw, I used to be a moderator from 2012 to 2013.
    Yeah man, and you sucked at it You're an exception to the rule, of what's otherwise known as Swedish quality

Quote Originally Posted by Moody900 View Post
    I only know Semitic duwa and he seems to be a reasonable person. I don't know the other guy.
    Just an FYI here, but Duwa actually suggested that I ban you back to Aprishitty But you seem cool, so I'll keep you around, okay khayo?
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2016-08-23 at 23:31.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

jibarodepr (2016-08-23), Moody900 (2016-08-23), Semitic Duwa (2016-08-23)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2018-12-27 @ 03:32
    mtDNA
    U3
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Armenid
    Metaethnos
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Palestine United Arab Emirates Arab League Gambia Amazigh African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post

Just an FYI here, but Duwa actually suggested that I ban you back to Aprishitty But you seem cool, so I'll keep you around, okay khayo?
    The thing is, i don't want to go back to the TA. The forum is getting more trollish and ridiculous by the day. Bad for my mental health.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moody900 For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-08-23), Semitic Duwa (2016-08-23)

Wiki Editor
    Your favourite (((Skype))) Semitic Duwa's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    J1-Z18271 (YSC234+)
    mtDNA
    J1c5
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    (((Skype))) + British
    Ethnicity
    (((Canaanite)))
    Politics
    Pump & Trump
    Religion
    Jehovah's Fitness
    Israel Israel Star of David Israel Israel

Allahu akbar, fear the Duwa's mighty banhammer

With a Nazi and a Zionazi protecting this forum, who would be foolish enough to disturb the peace?

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    I plead guilty, in fact I would've swiftly banned all the rapefugees from TA as soon as they started sh*tting all over the forum had I been given the chance to do so I'm cool with Moody900 now of course... Can't say the same for some of the other rapefugees though

Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
    Morocco is a western lapdog.
    Quote Originally Posted by NonFingo View Post
    Those Bronze Age samples are just red herrings to distract you from the actual arrivals of populations with Semitic ancestry. Don’t take the bait by focusing on the wrong samples, lol. He is passing off Bronze Age Levantines with no evidence of strong predynastic input, as “Semites“. This way, he can flip it around and say Proto-Semitic speakers and predynastics were more or less identical to the Bronze Age Levantines sampled so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by NonFingo View Post
    @Semitic Duwa

Wonder what the resident Proto-Semite has to say about this. I thought unmixed Egyptians were supposed to be Abusir with less/zero Chl?

In your view, does this prove you wrong, or is it just a coincidence () that M1 is absent in one of the three subsamples from Abusir, and rare overall?

And don’t change your signature now, please. I’m looking forward to you looking more and more incompetent as more aDNA is published. Wish there was a way to speed this up. But the extra wait and seeing you with your pants down every day, kinda has its own appeal, too.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Semitic Duwa For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2016-08-24), Cromagnorse (2016-08-29), EliasAlucard (2016-08-23), Moody900 (2016-08-23), Pioterus (2016-08-29), Simi (2016-08-24), XMidnightX (2016-08-30)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast