@
    West Eurasian
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Persian+others
    Islamic Republic of Iran Italy Spain France Netherlands Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy1235 View Post
    There are reports of more than 120,000 from what I've seen. This is not to single them out btw, but they're more represented in recent immigration
    This is what Ive been telling him, those numbers are absurdly low, lll use an example right now. I can walk outside at this moment and go for a stroll, and I will see for every ten people, maybe three somalis. Now mind you I live in an area thats heavily populated by them, and most likely, if i go up to the central parts its different, but its food for thought on the exact numbers that there is compared to what he is making it out to be.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ancestryfan1994 For This Useful Post:

Menelik (2016-08-29), randomguy1235 (2016-06-28)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Biracial
    Phenotype
    Creole
    United States Trinidad Tobago Cuba Star of David

There's over 38,000 Somalis here in Columbus. Somalis are good people and very intelligent.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to searching For This Useful Post:

Danielion (2016-08-29), Power77 (2017-07-24), SomaliSuldaan (2016-06-28)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    V32 (East Cushite)
    mtDNA
    L0a1* (Nigga blood)
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Metaethnos
    Cushite
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Politics
    Anti-Bantu
    Religion
    Greater Somalia
    Somaliland Djibouti Canada Yemen Arab League

@Ancestry1994 Let me start off by stating the fact that the Somali experience in the West will vary from place to place for a variety of different reasons.So the Somali community in America will be totally different from the Somali community in Norway.Here in Canada Somalis are doing quite well although some youth are falling in to the drug trade majority of them are attending universities and are hardworking!

I will speak on the North American Somalis cause that's the community I know more about.In America majority of these Somalis are indeed in Minnesota/Maine or other states where they give benefits and are very liberal no doubt about that.What you don't know is majority of these Somalis come from the southern region of Somalia which continues to be a fucking shithole and these people don't understand the idea of peace,law and being hardworking.These guys are the same group that ruined my ethnic group reputation worldwide!

And this group is the only group of Somalis that America lets in cause my region of Somaliland although it is very safe,we are in a horrible economic situation which causes some of my own to be migrants.

You also can't compare Somalis to Indians,Iranians or Chinese.We are a young ethnic group(only 500 years old) who come from a Bedouin lifestyle.We don't have as much educated folks as Indians/Chinese but my generation born in the west are now in universities all over the west graduating and earning a living for our families.We Somalis will adapt to Western society sooner or later and will contribute sooner or later but we will never abandon Islam if that's what you are hoping for!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SomaliSuldaan For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2017-07-24)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    West Eurasian
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Persian+others
    Islamic Republic of Iran Italy Spain France Netherlands Indonesia

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/598...ficial-figures

http://www.snouts-in-the-trough.com/archives/5585

http://www.economist.com/news/britai...back-road-long

Poverty is their first problem. Over 80% of Somali-speaking pupils qualify for free school meals. In Waltham Forest, a borough in east London, home to nearly 4,000 Somalis, 73% live in households on benefits. More than 50% of British Somalis rent from local councils, the highest proportion of any foreign-born population. In nearby Tower Hamlets 2010 data showed that Somalis were twice as likely as white Britons to be behind with the rent. The cost of their economic marginalisation hurts them, and is a toll on the public sector, too.

Education looks an unlikely escape route. Overcrowded houses mean children have nowhere to do their homework. In 2010-11 around 33% of Somali children got five good GCSEs, the exams taken at 16, compared with 59% of Bangladeshi pupils and 78% of Nigerian ones. Parents unable to speak English struggle. They see their children move up a year at school and assume they are doing well (in Somalia poor performers are held back). Their offspring, roped in as translators, are in no hurry to disabuse them.
    This helps to explain the pitiful employment rates among Britain’s Somalis (see second chart). Just one in ten is in full-time work. Many Somali households are headed by women who came to Britain without their husbands. Fitting work around child care is a struggle. Without work, Somali men while away their days chewing khat, a mild stimulative leaf. Awale Olad, a Somali councillor in London, supports the government’s recent decision to ban the drug. But others fear it will needlessly criminalise a generation of men.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ancestryfan1994 For This Useful Post:

Menelik (2016-08-25)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by SomaliSuldaan View Post
    @Ancestry1994 Let me start off by stating the fact that the Somali experience in the West will vary from place to place for a variety of different reasons.So the Somali community in America will be totally different from the Somali community in Norway.Here in Canada Somalis are doing quite well although some youth are falling in to the drug trade majority of them are attending universities and are hardworking!

I will speak on the North American Somalis cause that's the community I know more about.In America majority of these Somalis are indeed in Minnesota/Maine or other states where they give benefits and are very liberal no doubt about that.What you don't know is majority of these Somalis come from the southern region of Somalia which continues to be a fucking shithole and these people don't understand the idea of peace,law and being hardworking.These guys are the same group that ruined my ethnic group reputation worldwide!

And this group is the only group of Somalis that America lets in cause my region of Somaliland although it is very safe,we are in a horrible economic situation which causes some of my own to be migrants.

You also can't compare Somalis to Indians,Iranians or Chinese.We are a young ethnic group(only 500 years old) who come from a Bedouin lifestyle.We don't have as much educated folks as Indians/Chinese but my generation born in the west are now in universities all over the west graduating and earning a living for our families.We Somalis will adapt to Western society sooner or later and will contribute sooner or later but we will never abandon Islam if that's what you are hoping for!
    Yes, it's popular for Somalis to blame their problems on Hawiye/Southern Somalis, but where in Somalia do the Somalis in UK come from?

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Kang

Politicians are to blame for the 3rld worlders in the West, not the people who take advantage of it. It's bigoted to hate people who merely are seeking a better life. Blame politicians.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ether For This Useful Post:

Danielion (2016-08-29), Menelik (2016-08-29), Power77 (2017-07-24), randomguy1235 (2016-06-28), SomaliSuldaan (2016-06-28)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    V32 (East Cushite)
    mtDNA
    L0a1* (Nigga blood)
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Metaethnos
    Cushite
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Politics
    Anti-Bantu
    Religion
    Greater Somalia
    Somaliland Djibouti Canada Yemen Arab League

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Yes, it's popular for Somalis to blame their problems on Hawiye/Southern Somalis, but where in Somalia do the Somalis in UK come from?
    The earliest British Somalis who arrived in the early 1900s are from the North ex British protecterate and are now living in Sheffield.Somalilanders did come in smaller numbers but the Southern Somalis overwhelmed us due to them getting preferences for refugee status.
    Southern Somalia is not only Hawiye but another major clan called Darood.Darood were henchmen for the commie dictator Siad Baree

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said in my earlier post the Somali western experience varies from place to place!
    Last edited by SomaliSuldaan; 2016-06-28 at 14:25.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SomaliSuldaan For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2017-07-24)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    N-CTS2929
    mtDNA
    I4
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Sweden Finland Kalmar Union Sweden Tre Kronor Russia

Moved some posts about Somalis in the West from the thread US 2016 presidential election, Donald Trump will be the next POTUS! into this one.

/mod
    “And, furthermore, that some people have a sex life and others don’t just because some are more attractive than others. I wanted to acknowledge that if people don’t have a sex life, it’s not for some moral reason, it’s just because they’re ugly. Once you’ve said it, it sounds obvious, but I wanted to say it.” — Michel Houellebecq

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    L3f1b
    Metaethnos
    Senegambia
    Ethnicity
    Kriolu
    Phenotype
    South Saharid Kriola
    Cape Verde African Union(OAS) Guinea-Bissau Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by SomaliSuldaan View Post

you don't say.... Can you make up your mind. When grandstanding, your ethnic group is 10 000 years old. When trying make excuses for modern day behavior, your only babies.

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2017-01-17 @ 09:37
    R1a1-M17
    mtDNA
    V
    Phenotype
    Cro-Magnon
    Religion
    Catholtic
    Hungary Hunnish Romania Hungary Ireland Moldavia

Quote Originally Posted by stala View Post
    you don't say.... Can you make up your mind. When grandstanding, your ethnic group is 10 000 years old. When trying make excuses for modern day behavior, your only babies.
    Cushitic people exist since 10000 years. Whats so hard to understand about that? By saying that somalis are a young group, he means that Somalis as an ethnic group formed after splitting from a bigger amalgation of cushitic speaking people in eastafrica from which the somalis, afar and oromos emerged.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Attila József For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2017-07-24)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast