proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Default ForumXware.com, ABF's new sister forum, open for public!

As I pointed out last month in this thread, phase III is about to kick off big time in ABF's history, and we're gonna do it with a new forum:

ForumXware.com » xWare Forum (XWF)

I got the idea earlier this year, that the internetz needs a real, hardcore computer and video games forum, for the most dedicated geeks out there. There are plenty of similar forums and online portals, but frankly in my opinion, they all suck. I could of course just have added various sections here on ABF for computer topics, and I actually had that in mind initially; however, after some serious contemplation, I figured that won't work, for a number of reasons: because ABF's member base is so focused -- too focused really -- on anthropology and similar ethnology issues, and mostly really incapable of discussing anything else (I'm fully aware that some members actually can do that, but anyway). Another reason is the excessive, unbelievable amounts of faggotry that comes along with anthroboards (various members getting butthurt over someone criticizing their sacred ethnic group, and similar ethnic interests issues, and then eventually leaving the forum over it; Anthrogayica is the ultimate faggotry forum example btw, while we're at it), not to mention all the drama that comes along with some members taking the political aspects of their ethnic background too seriously. So I figured, it wouldn't be a good idea to mix and expand ABF in that direction, because faggots will always be faggots

Another aspect also -- and this is important -- is the Unix philosophy:

Later summarized by Peter H. Salus in A Quarter-Century of Unix (1994):[1] This is the Unix philosophy:

Write programs that do one thing and do it well.
    Write programs to work together.
    Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a universal interface.
    ForumXware being a computer geek forum, I figured we might as well do it with the Unix philosophy in mind and dedicate it more or less entirely with computer geeking and video gaming as its main forum themes. Of course, similar to ABF, we will be discussing other stuff in the lounge etc., but a hardcore geek forum for modern computer technology will be its main theme, anyway. We focus on one thing, and we do it damn well!

Oh and I almost forgot: I began my forum posting history on video game forums, and "EliasAlucard" reflects exactly that (Alucard is me paying homage to Castlevania; awesome gaming series, or used to be anyway, before Konami ruined it with the crappy Lords of Shadow reboot), so this is just me being dedicated to my "internet roots", so to say. I'm also a fairly huge computer geek in my own right (although, there are much worse than me, for sure), so you could say this is me keeping it real

I hope you guys and gals will be joining me in kickstarting this new geek forum -- doesn't mean I'm abandoning ABF though, not at all; quite the contrary, and if anything, XWF will most likely boost and reinvigorate ABF in the long run.

That said, I'm still ironing things out, installing various scripts, tweaking settings and so on. The forum is freshly installed, so if you're having trouble with email verification while registering a new account, let me know here, and be patient, as I'm working on it (ABF has had the same server problem with emails, for years, and I'll be fixing it once and for all this week). I haven't even gotten the new forum logo done yet, so bear with me here
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2016-09-24 at 01:46. Reason: grammar, clarification
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

Cromagnorse (2016-09-24), NixYO (2016-09-23), Simi (2016-09-24)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

The page puts up a message like "You have left a required field blank." despite having filled up the registration form. Could you check this up?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-09-24)

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by El Andullero View Post
    The page puts up a message like "You have left a required field blank." despite having filled up the registration form. Could you check this up?
    Could you post a screenshot here?

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Could you post a screenshot here?
    Sure thing:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Okay, could you give it a try now?

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866

Okay, could you give it a try now?
    Now it's the activation email that hasn't arrived yet (neither on the inbox nor spam folders).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

^^ Yeah, I just tweaked that setting, could you try requesting an email confirmation here, to see if it works?

http://www.forumxware.com/register.php?do=requestemail

Edit:

By the way, please mark all emails from ABF and XWF as "not spam", in Gmail, Yahoo mail or whatever you use, if they end up in the spambox. It's annoying that Gmail's spam filter doesn't always detect this properly.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2016-09-24 at 17:38.

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866

^^ Yeah, I just tweaked that setting, could you try requesting an email confirmation here, to see if it works?

http://www.forumxware.com/register.php?do=requestemail
    Now it says:

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by El Andullero View Post
    Now it says:

Okay, could you just copy and paste the activation link? Try doing it from a different browser if it doesn't work in Chrome. Don't click the link, but copy, and then paste it from another browser.

Anyway, worst case scenario, I'll have to activate your account manually. I have in any case, put on the verify emails before registering an account setting, so that we won't have this problem again (we've had this exact same problem with inactive accounts on XWF as we had here on ABF when it launched, because many newly registered members weren't getting the email activation code back in 2009), but if anyone else is trying to register an account on XWF (and here on ABF for that matter) and you're not getting an email activation code, post it here, and I'll deal with it.

I'm now about to boil a huge bowl of Samyang ramen noodles (spicy flavor!) for some much needed energy, listen to this great song on repeat for hours straight:

Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (Audio):

And get down to serious work over the weekend, on the new xWare forum.

And Andullero, get busy with posting there once your account is activated; we now have a badass, hardcore computer geek forum to rock the entire internetz with Shit be real, yo:

Shyheim-Shit Iz Real:
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2016-09-24 at 17:12.

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

El Andullero (2016-09-24)

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

El Andullero, I just sent you a test email from the server, could you check if you're getting anything? Also check your spambox, and mark it as not spam if it ends up there.

By the way, is your email referencing Lament of Innocence? That was a good game if you ask me, not Symphony of the Night good, but pretty good in its own right.

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast