User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron-Age Iranians are close to modern-day Iranians, and Neolithic Iranians were close Sardinians988 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Buddhist
    United States

Sorry, I have difficulty discerning blue shades. I meant to say the Neolithic Iranians were close to Afghanistan and Pakistan. I didn't read the diagram right. The Neolithic Iranians were not close to Sardinians at all.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2017-01-17 @ 09:37
    R1a1-M17
    mtDNA
    V
    Phenotype
    Cro-Magnon
    Religion
    Catholtic
    Hungary Hunnish Romania Hungary Ireland Moldavia

Quote Originally Posted by ancestryfan1994 View Post
    My point was that your odd comments about some identity crisis have no substance. We could delve much deeper into this, but I don't want to derail the threads topic. As somebody who prides himself on the fact that you was responsible for us existing, surely you should be aware of the history of "identity" in the lands of modern day Iran....but don't worry, Ill save you a shit load of hours researching by assuring you that we very much know who we are.
    The funny thing is that it was the Neolithic Middle eastern sand niggers from your area which brought agriculture through rape and conquest to Europe resulting into me and Alexander's existence and giving birth to European civilization in the first place. Without them, Europe would be still inhabited by primitive, darkskinned, blue eyed Australoid looking La Brana hunter and gatherers.

Everyone can masturbate upon past achievements which happened thousands upon thousands of years ago.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Attila József For This Useful Post:

Danielion (2016-12-04)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    West Eurasian
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Persian+others
    Islamic Republic of Iran Italy Spain France Netherlands Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Attila József View Post
    The funny thing is that it was the Neolithic Middle eastern sand niggers from your area which brought agriculture through rape and conquest to Europe resulting into me and Alexander's existence and giving birth to European civilization in the first place. Without them, Europe would be still inhabited by primitive, darkskinned, blue eyed Australoid looking La Brana hunter and gatherers.

Everyone can masturbate upon past achievements which happened thousands upon thousands of years ago.
    Well then....I hereby pronounce myself officially as your babajoon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ancestryfan1994 For This Useful Post:

Danielion (2016-12-04)

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Durcherrs's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-06-13 @ 19:19
    R1b1b2a
    Race
    Europid
    Religion
    Deist
    Sweden France Germany Austria Habsburg Russia Hungary

I don't believe that the majority of modern Iranians are related to the ancient Persians... Scythians, Elamites and many other persian tribes were clearly Indo-Europeans (this is very easy to verify by reading historical sources on migration patterns, DNA, etc).

But I tink that the same is true for modern Greeks, too.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    West Eurasian
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Persian+others

Quote Originally Posted by Durcherrs View Post
    I don't believe that the majority of modern Iranians are related to the ancient Persians... Scythians, Elamites and many other persian tribes were clearly Indo-Europeans (this is very easy to verify by reading historical sources on migration patterns, DNA, etc).

But I tink that the same is true for modern Greeks, too.
    Well Iran is, and has been hugely diverse, ethnic Persians only make up around half the population today, so of course, not everyone will have the ancient Persian genetic imprint one would assume. The question is how similar are modern ethnic Persians, like my family, to the ancient ones.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ancestryfan1994 For This Useful Post:

Menelik (2017-02-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1b2a
    Race
    Europid
    Religion
    Deist

Quote Originally Posted by ancestryfan1994 View Post
    Well modern Iran is hugely diverse, ethnic Persians only make up around half the population, so of course not everyone will have the ancient Persian genetic imprint one would assume. The question is how similar are modern ethnic Persians, like my family, to the ancient ones.
    Probably as similar as many Lebanese people are to the ancient Phoenicians...?

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Buddhist
    United States

I don't believe that the majority of modern Iranians are related to the ancient Persians..
    The evidence given in the first post refutes that claim. Modern-day Iranians have significant ancestry with their Sassanian and Achaemenid past.

Iron-Age Iranians, Neolithic Iranians, and Proto-Indo-Iranians were all racially distinct from each other. It was the Iron-Age Iranians that established the Achaemenid and Sassanian Empires.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to An Shigao For This Useful Post:

Menelik (2017-02-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    West Eurasian
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Persian+others

Probably as similar as many Lebanese people are to the ancient Phoenicians...
    Ancient genetics isn't really my strong point, but this is something I would very much like to see examined in more depth at some point (if it hasn't been done already).

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-03-19 @ 01:29
    R2A3/R-F813
    mtDNA
    M52A1
    Metaethnos
    India
    Ethnicity
    Bhaiyya
    Religion
    Shakta
    United States India Pakistan Bangladesh Sri Lanka Nepal

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    True, but the ancestors of the man from Chernigov were probably Proto-Indo-Iranians or something preceding them at some point, except they never migrated to the Iranian Plateau or Northern India. My pleasure lies in knowing that we were responsible for creating these peoples and resemble them the most. As for our actual ancestors' reluctance or inability to travel to the given areas so as to claim true descent, well, I am glad, obviously. We ended up on top of the world whereas the blood of the Proto-Indo-Iranians was utterly spent many thousands of years ago, leaving only countries of third-world wogs with identity crises behind.
    You are mental. How come it took the supposed pure unadulterated version of this stock 5000 years to get on top of the world politically/militarily/economically? Isn't most of your history running from the Central Asians whether it was Huns or Mongols? Until Vasco da Gama rounded the cape, your entire existence was on the level of Zimbabwe. Congrats on being on top now though. Rest of us got lazy and superstitious and complacent basically. Same thing is happening to you and you've barely been on top for any amount of time close to Indians and Chinese.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redifflal For This Useful Post:

Danielion (2016-12-04), Menelik (2017-02-18), skaner (2016-09-30)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1b2a
    Race
    Europid
    Religion
    Deist

Quote Originally Posted by An Shigao View Post
    The evidence given in the first post refutes that claim. Modern-day Iranians have significant ancestry with their Sassanian and Achaemenid past.

Iron-Age Iranians, Neolithic Iranians, and Proto-Indo-Iranians were all racially distinct from each other. It was the Iron-Age Iranians that established the Achaemenid and Sassanian Empires.
    Yeah, but does that ancestry come from racial mixture or real ancient ties? Mestizos have "Indo-European" DNA, but I wouldn't classify them as "ancestors to the Indo-Europeans" just by looking at their DNA. How was this study done? And what do ancient historians like Strabo, Herodotus, Josephus, Didorus, Virgil Aenida, etc have to say about the matter?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast