Ethnicity
    mainstream American
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    pantheist
    United States Northern Ireland Germany Scotland Ireland England

Quote Originally Posted by Rugevit View Post
    have finished 5 years of maths in BSU which is among top five universities of former USSR countries. I won scholarship to study abroad. Currently, I am completing PhD related to applied maths under supervision of a known mathematician at Melbourne University.

Dude! I've read you on many occasions. I can say with certainty, that you are a retard.
    That is a cool personally story, bro, but smart people do not give a shit about what you just said because :

1.)It conforms to the logical fallacy of the argumentum ad verecundiam and logic is to mathematics as structure is to sculpture.

2.) You did not address the valid points I made in my post but proceeded to post illogical nonsense.

So who is the retard now ?Obviously you chump !

I do admit that I made the first logical fallacy in the form of the ad hominem but I at least made some valid points too. WTF, is your excuse for your piss poor post here ?
    Last edited by ThePendragon; 2016-11-20 at 09:35.
    American of Scots-Irish or Ulster Ancestry :

'I am a Scotsman', Sir Walter Scott once famously wrote, ' therefore I had to fight my way into the world'.

"Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.” --Winston Churchill(England)

"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.” --Voltaire(France)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ThePendragon's Avatar
    Last Online
    2017-07-26 @ 22:31
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    H
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    mainstream American
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    pantheist

Quote Originally Posted by Pioterus View Post
    Point is - you either have some real life achievements and spend time in the internetz for "fun" (as is - using some spare mindpower left after day of real life struggles), or the only place in the world where you can be heard are anthroforas.

Besides that - Rugevit - I would be honoured to learn your true identity
    Not that it is relevant but I do not post all the time on this forum I am only posting alot now because it is the weekend. I actually have a life too.
    Last edited by ThePendragon; 2016-11-20 at 09:20.

'I am a Scotsman', Sir Walter Scott once famously wrote, ' therefore I had to fight my way into the world'.

"Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.” --Winston Churchill(England)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    H
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    mainstream American
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    pantheist

I may suck at maths in comparison to the greatest minds in mathematics. But it's up-to my peers to decide about me and my colleagues achievements rather than a certain ill-informed person stuck at BSD v. Linux thinking mentioning a certain set of maths books will make him look cool.

Sorry for revealing my personal details. I was not showing off. But who cares? There are several people on this forum know who I am and what I do.
    It is totally conceivable that you are better at mathematics than me, at least, currently but seriously I dunno what planet you are are from but nobody recommends mathematics books to be or look 'cool'. I also do not know any mathematicians that would have a problem with the book "What is Mathematics ?" And I know of a few mathematicians that would recommend "Mathematics for the Million" to young budding mathematicians although it is not super up to date e.g. doesn't cover matrices.

I apologize for the ad hominems but you are currently acting stupid in this thread.

If you want to sound smart then intelligently criticize the books--which you have not done then recommend some of your own. You are not being constructive here and you are making yourself look stupid.

Seriously, I am trying to help you out here by showing you a clear path on how to look smart, in this thread, because you sound like a complete dumbass right now.
    Last edited by ThePendragon; 2016-11-20 at 12:47.

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    H
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    mainstream American
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    pantheist

Quote Originally Posted by Pioterus View Post
    Slavics can make significant contributions to mathematics. The most important contribution to mathematics came from non-white Hindus. However, the biggest titans in mathematics have all been non-Slavic westerners so far like Gauss and Newton. But do not get me wrong I am not comparing myself to them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePendragon For This Useful Post:

Pioterus (2016-11-25)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    N-CTS2929
    mtDNA
    I4
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Sweden Finland Kalmar Union Sweden Tre Kronor Russia

Resources Vault → Mathematics

/mod
    “And, furthermore, that some people have a sex life and others don’t just because some are more attractive than others. I wanted to acknowledge that if people don’t have a sex life, it’s not for some moral reason, it’s just because they’re ugly. Once you’ve said it, it sounds obvious, but I wanted to say it.” — Michel Houellebecq

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-11-12 @ 10:06
    Xiongnu Elite Cemetery

In this thread, ThePendragon pretends to know Mathematics. My guess is this guy just watched A Beautiful Mind or Captain Fantastic and started acting like Einstein in hopes of scoring some ABF pussy. Throwing those big words around won't make him look more legitimate though.

Edited out a thing from this post which violated against rule 1.8.2:

1.8) Members' right to privacy and anonymity.

1.8.1) All members have the right to be anonymous if they wish to be. Breaching this right, whether it be posting images of certain members on the forum, their address (be it IP, home address or email) or any personal information, will inevitably lead to a ban.

1.8.2) Outing someone publicly for having multiple accounts (and abusing them in threads), will lead to infractions. If you suspect a member for using sockpuppets, report it to admin. Don't out the member in question, on the forum, because this will backfire on you.

1.8.3) If you share your personal pictures with other members outside of this forum, and they spread it to other members, we here at ForumBiodiversity cannot guarantee what will happen with the member who breached your privacy. Anything that happens outside of this forum is out of our control, and it's your word against his/hers, unless of course, you can prove it, which might be difficult in some situations.

1.8.4) If your identity is already well known from before (as in, if you've already revealed personal information about yourself), no actions will be taken against members who post it.

Take responsibility for whatever personal information you wish to share with certain members, in order to minimise the risks of being outed.

/NixYO
    Last edited by NixYO; 2016-11-25 at 14:32. Reason: Edited out a thing from this post which violated against rule 1.8. /NixYO
    “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races."

- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

https://youtu.be/BBz_z-hZk80?t=2m7s

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    H
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    mainstream American
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    pantheist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    In this thread, ThePendragon pretends to know Mathematics. My guess is this guy just watched A Beautiful Mind or Captain Fantastic and started acting like Einstein in hopes of scoring some ABF pussy. Throwing those big words around won't make him look more legitimate though.

Edited out a thing from this post which violated against rule 1.8.2:

1.8) Members' right to privacy and anonymity.

1.8.1) All members have the right to be anonymous if they wish to be. Breaching this right, whether it be posting images of certain members on the forum, their address (be it IP, home address or email) or any personal information, will inevitably lead to a ban.

1.8.2) Outing someone publicly for having multiple accounts (and abusing them in threads), will lead to infractions. If you suspect a member for using sockpuppets, report it to admin. Don't out the member in question, on the forum, because this will backfire on you.

1.8.3) If you share your personal pictures with other members outside of this forum, and they spread it to other members, we here at ForumBiodiversity cannot guarantee what will happen with the member who breached your privacy. Anything that happens outside of this forum is out of our control, and it's your word against his/hers, unless of course, you can prove it, which might be difficult in some situations.

1.8.4) If your identity is already well known from before (as in, if you've already revealed personal information about yourself), no actions will be taken against members who post it.

Take responsibility for whatever personal information you wish to share with certain members, in order to minimise the risks of being outed.

/NixYO
    You and Rugevit seem to come from another planet where mathematics is 'cool' and gets you 'pussy'. What you retards fail to comprehend is I said elite mathematic skills from 'the ground up' and I never claimed one would not have to read mathemathetics papers or other books to be at the top of the mathemathics game just you would not have to read them as deeply analytically.

These books , properly read, will give you more skills at math than like 98% or 99% of the population. It won't give you more skills than a research mathematician but the book "Mathematics in 10 lessons" will allow you to do any math a research mathematician can do by approaching it correctly.

Anyway, why you guys are retards in descending order of points :

1.) No on recommends mathemathics books to be cool or get pussy -- at least not on planet earth.

2. I said from the 'ground up', in my title, which presupposes no prior math skills at all. It is quite a feat to go from like no math skills to elite skills so naturally I'm limited to what I can recommend since otherwise it would take literally years of reading.

3.) This will make you elite compared to most people on planet earth but not a research mathematician but it will give you tools to eventually become a research mathematician yourself if that is the path you choose.

4.)I never claimed one would not have to read other books or mathematics papers just one would not have to read them as deeply/analytically to be on top of the math game.
    Last edited by NixYO; 2016-11-25 at 14:32.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    N-CTS2929
    mtDNA
    I4
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Christianity

ThePendragon isn't the topic!

/mod

Mathematics is what I do every day. Like whatever you or other people do. You don't strike me as someone who knows about mathematics.

I also have a good looking woman beside me . So, I am not looking for a pussy.

You are a retarded individual mentioned on this forums several times. Do I have to say it again? You are a stupid person.

PS You are the first person on this forum in 4 years whom I called stupid.
    But what do you think of the books he recommended in the OP?
    “And, furthermore, that some people have a sex life and others don’t just because some are more attractive than others. I wanted to acknowledge that if people don’t have a sex life, it’s not for some moral reason, it’s just because they’re ugly. Once you’ve said it, it sounds obvious, but I wanted to say it.” — Michel Houellebecq

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:32
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Lithuania Grand Duchy

Quote Originally Posted by NixYO View Post
    ThePendragon isn't the topic!

/mod

But what do you think of the books he recommended in the OP?
    Professional mathematicians read maths journals or correspond via email . There are books on certain topics which can be found on the shelves of maths students. Books he recommended are nonsense.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    N-CTS2929
    mtDNA
    I4
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Christianity

Professional mathematicians read maths journals or correspond via email . There are books on certain topics which can be found on the shelves of maths students. Books he recommended are nonsense.
    But he said that they're good for n00bs. The recommendations weren't directed towards professional mathematicians.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast