Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    I predict they will rise. The result of that Italian election probably caused some dips in the markets. Tech stocks usually do well when stuff like that happens.
    Which stock are you talking about now? And how did the Italian election affect anything? Did some Italian politician propose a ban on cannabis or what's the deal?
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Which stock are you talking about now? And how did the Italian election affect anything? Did some Italian politician propose a ban on cannabis or what's the deal?
    No. Election results like that usually cause a bump in the markets. Just the way it is. They usually recover a couple days later.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-12-05)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 16:17
    E1b1a8*
    mtDNA
    L0a1a2
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    Politics
    Praise the Sun
    Religion
    Sun Worship
    African Union(OAS) United States

Yeah, biotech is the future. I'll be buying some Illumina stocks later
    Now is a better time as any to get into illumina. With the past few months they had a dip of about 25%. I had sold my position earlier and debated going back in but didnt have the free cash....and still dont.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beyoku For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-12-05)

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Okay I just sold all my Pandora shares and bought me some Canopy, are we partners in crime now @DragonRouge ?

However, Canopy might be selling out? This is why they've been down the past few days:

Why Were Canopy Growth and Marijuana Stock Down?

Canopy Growth Corp (CVE:CGC, TSE:CGC) is starting off the week on a down note, this time falling by almost five percent after it announced today that it has sold $60.0 million worth of stock to a syndicate of underwriters led by GMP Securities and Dundee Capital Partners.

The marijuana stock collective as a whole was generally down on Monday, but Canopy Growth is the largest public producer and, therefore, is worthy of closer examination. The shares were sold at $10.60 a piece, down about 6.6% from the $11.35 closing price on Friday. (Source: “Canopy Growth Corporation Announces $60 Million Bought Deal Financing,” MarketWired, December 5, 2016.)

The deal involved 5,662,000 common shares being sold, but the underwriters retain the option to purchase an additional 849,300 shares at the $10.60 price for the next 30 days following the closing of the deal, which would increase the amount raised to $69.0 million. The deal is expected to close on December 22. (Source: “Canopy Growth Raises $60mm and Engages U.S. Investment Bank Cowen and Company,” New Cannabis Venture, December 5, 2016.)

Canopy Growth and marijuana stocks in general have been on a wild ride over the past few weeks. Since its late-July initial public offering (IPO), Canopy Growth has gained over 237%, though since mid-November the stock has somewhat slowed its momentous growth. The stock price peaked at $13.45 and fell to about $8.25 in November, its lowest price since the surge.

The stock price has yet to settle and continues to be rather volatile. While that hasn’t dissuaded some investors, others are skeptical over when marijuana stocks will peak, and when they will have plateaued. Stay with Profit Confidential for all the marijuana stock and Canopy Growth news you can handle. It’ll be a veritable green out.
    Canopy Growth: This Is Why Marijuana Stock Fell Today:
    http://www.profitconfidential.com/st...ck-fell-today/

What say you, DR, is it a risky investment to buy CGC now, or should I just play it safe and go with AMD? I'd like to get filthy rich on both AMD and cannabis (like I said, I like both! ), and right now as far as I can see, AMD is the hottest stock in the past year; up 300%, whereas for example Intel's hasn't really moved up or down much, and Nvidia is up only 173%, which is not bad, but AMD is the real winner this year. And what the hell, AMD is up around 9% just today, at 9.52 per stock. I now feel like an idiot for selling my AMD shares yesterday I was hoping that Pandora's stocks would quickly rise due to a deal, and they just might given the negotiations of a deal there, however, I'm a bit impatient and given the phenomenal growth of CCG stocks, I think it's best to cash in on the plant of life and then buy up more AMD shares later.

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

Okay I just sold all my Pandora shares and bought me some Canopy, are we partners in crime now @DragonRouge ?

However, Canopy might be selling out? This is why they've been down the past few days:

Canopy Growth: This Is Why Marijuana Stock Fell Today:
    http://www.profitconfidential.com/st...ck-fell-today/

What say you, DR, is it a risky investment to buy CGC now, or should I just play it safe and go with AMD? I'd like to get filthy rich on both AMD and cannabis (like I said, I like both! ), and right now as far as I can see, AMD is the hottest stock in the past year; up 300%, whereas for example Intel's hasn't really moved up or down much, and Nvidia is up only 173%, which is not bad, but AMD is the real winner this year. And what the hell, AMD is up around 9% just today, at 9.52 per stock. I now feel like an idiot for selling my AMD shares yesterday I was hoping that Pandora's stocks would quickly rise due to a deal, and they just might given the negotiations of a deal there, however, I'm a bit impatient and given the phenomenal growth of CCG stocks, I think it's best to cash in on the plant of life and then buy up more AMD shares later.
    Be patient with CGC. It will grow.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-12-06)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    E1b1a8*
    mtDNA
    L0a1a2
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    Politics
    Praise the Sun
    Religion
    Sun Worship

Well AMD is popping. But there is something I have been meaning to ask....does anyone here really "Day Trade"?

I see the term tossed around but at the frequency you guys are posting about other stuff I dont think yall really DAY TRADE. I had a friend that daytraded.....real deal. He traded one company, MSFT. All day every day for years. Each year he would have about 90 thousand dollars in Trading fees. This was during the time where fees ranged around 12-9.oo for basic trades and probably much less for a person that made X trades a month.
    @EliasAlucard , I just looked at that list on the first page...do you plan on purchasing all that stuff? Are you rich?
    Last edited by beyoku; 2016-12-06 at 19:53.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beyoku For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-12-06)

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    Be patient with CGC. It will grow.
    It's its destiny; after all, growth is what cannabis is all about! Speaking of that, did you know that the root word of "liberal", as in Latin liber (cognate to the beautiful Greek word eleútheros, which means 'freeman'), actually meant "to grow" and "people" originally? From proto-Indo-European *h₁lewdʰ-. So in other words, cannabis is a very folklig plant And it makes you grow too, spiritually, intellectually and emotionally, it's all gangstashit baby!

I just sold off my CGC shares, made like 300 SEK, and bought NYSE:IIPR (another newly started cannabis corporation, this one American though), @ 16.89 per share because it's been surging today (up like 8%), however, IIPR is a bit risky because of Jeff Sessions and his anti-cannabis stance (Trump better keep his promise on state rights for cannabis!). I've placed a sell order at 20 bucks a piece on IIPR, not sure it'll reach that high by tomorrow, but it's fully possible, and if it does, that's a nice profit. After that, I'll rebuy plenty of NASDAQ:AMD and TSE:CGC shares. I'm also looking at various renewable energy corporations, solar in particular, some of them are very cheap per stock, and can rise ridiculously high in a short time (silicone demand is high now with all the climate change hysteria, which is great imho). Also Swedish fingerprint company STO:FING-B went totally meteoric with the rise of smartphones, damn I wish I was involved in stocks back in 2012 (as a fanatic anti-capitalist, I always stayed away from gambling and stocks in the past).

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by beyoku View Post
    Well AMD is popping.
    I don't understand how @thetick can say AMD is risky business? AMD's stocks have risen with 300% in a year, and that's even before Zen has been released (I'm pretty sure Zen will bury Intel, and then Nvidia will be where AMD was last year).

Like I said, the two hottest stocks right now, are TSE:CGC and NASDAQ:AMD. I plan on daytrading both.

But there is something I have been meaning to ask....does anyone here really "Day Trade"?
    I'm just getting started with it.

I see the term tossed around but at the frequency you guys are posting about other stuff I dont think yall really DAY TRADE.
    Well it's not like the only thing I do, you know. Also, NASDAQ, NYSE etc. are closed and only open 15:30 to 22:00 Swedish time, and for now I don't have any serious plan to day trade Swedish/Nordic stocks (I might buy some Nordic stocks, but I won't be day trading them much), so to me, this is like an afternoon hobby mainly.

I had a friend that daytraded.....real deal. He traded one company, MSFT. All day every day for years. Each year he would have about 90 thousand dollars in Trading fees. This was during the time where fees ranged around 12-9.oo for basic trades and probably much less for a person that made X trades a month.
    Yeah those trading fees are a pain in the ass, but as long as you make a sizable profit with rising stock value, I don't think the trading fees are a big deal.

EliasAlucard, I just looked at that list on the first page...do you plan on purchasing all that stuff?
    I'm just compiling a stocks list for me and other members here, to discuss various stocks we can trade, which one is surging at the moment and so on; these are mainly corporations I find interesting, relevant or notable to follow (either because I like their products or because they're simply relevant on Dow Jones, S&P etcetera). I plan on buying some stocks from various corporations on that list, and sell. Hence, this being a day trading thread.

Are you rich?
    Not now, but I'm planning to be in a year or two.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2016-12-06 at 21:04.

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-12-04 @ 07:13
    R1b-SRY 2627 - A7080
    mtDNA
    H5a1f
    Phenotype
    Archaic Nomenclature
    Politics
    Not a Fan
    GEDmatch
    M202348
    United States Germany Poland Poland Volhynia Switzerland Scotland

I don't understand how @thetick can say AMD is risky business? AMD's stocks have risen with 300% in a year, and that's even before Zen has been released (I'm pretty sure Zen will bury Intel, and then Nvidia will be where AMD was last year).

Like I said, the two hottest stocks right now, are TSE:CGC and NASDAQ:AMD. I plan on daytrading both.
    You are free to day trade all you like. It's your money. AMD has almost always been a bad long term investment.

"In the company's best year over the past decade, which was 2010, net income was just shy of $500 million. Historically, the company's profitability has fluctuated wildly, especially since 2000. On average, AMD hasn't produced much of a profit at all."

Actually read AMD's own year end reports! They are NOT a profitable business and never had multiple back to back profitable years! I'm not only one who knows this
    http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/0...k-could-f.aspx

In my opinion the best measurement of a good tech company is if the tech workers actually believe the company is making the right decisions. I know three engineers at AMD and none invest a single cent in the 401K. All three are looking for a job elsewhere. One just sent me email saying he's got an offer from Apple and is moving on. I expect the other two to move on soon likewise.

Seriously AMD will milk the Zen architecture for a few years, but the innovation behind the new architecture has already left the company in 2015. No suprise there what so ever.
    http://wccftech.com/legendary-cpu-ar...-x86-zen-track

You can still make some money on day trading , but AMD long term is a bad long term investment just as it was in 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and now.
    Last edited by thetick; 2016-12-07 at 00:38.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thetick For This Useful Post:

beyoku (2016-12-07), Menelik (2016-12-08)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    E1b1a8*
    mtDNA
    L0a1a2
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    Politics
    Praise the Sun
    Religion
    Sun Worship

Did you hear about this shit? AMD inside Intel...SMH.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to beyoku For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-12-07)

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast