User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: On the mainstream media and so called “fake news” [split] //mod976 days old

  1. #11
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,715
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    And anyway, if there's anyone who shouldn't be moralizing over "fake news", it's Hillary Clinton:

    What They're NOT Telling You About Fake News:


    Mainstream media is fake news, and yes, Trump for all his flip-flopping, has a lot more credibility than the mainstream media.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2017-09-08), randomguy1235 (2017-02-19)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Location
    ForumBiodiversity.com
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #12
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,715
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    Trump Toys with Reporters at Press Conference Today:

    @CWF : ^^ That's the right attitude any sane American has over Trump punching back at the mainstream media. No sane person has any respect these days for the mainstream media, and it's not like they have any credibility either. Of course CNN and other MSM networks are bothered by Trump calling them fake news, but he's only saying what everyone is thinking.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2017-09-08), randomguy1235 (2017-02-19)

  6. #13
    Established Member
    Den Svarta Vikingen CWF's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-02-23 @ 20:55
    Join Date
    2010-02-23
    Posts
    2,258
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    I1d
    mtDNA
    B2
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Afro-Viking AmerIndian
    Ethnicity
    Black/African American
    Phenotype
    FAIL! Try genetics.
    Sweden African Union(OAS) United States United States Eastern Band Cherokee Cuba

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    The mainstream media hasn't been telling the truth in decades if not longer. Here's a good clip explaining what's what:

    The Truth About Fake News:


    And what the hell:

    “Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.” ― Chomsky

    ^^ Chomsky said this before Trump became president. Now all of a sudden, the American mainstream media isn't all that obedient. As long as the mainstream media keeps attacking president Trump, that means he's the good guy. It's a badge of honor for Trump that he's attacked by the mainstream media.
    "Even a broken clock is right twice a day." So what true intellectual would buy these excuses? Mainstream, non-mainstream, rightist, leftist...a fact is a fact...even the facts you don't like. If the mainstream media is lying then identify their lies and expose them as such. If the media of whatever persuasion presents a fact with sources, then it stands until discredited. Saying ignore them because I don't like what they are saying doesn't disprove a statement.

    So for example, was there a terrible attack in Sweden just the other night as Trump suggested? The universal response so far from Sweden is no...so Trump was wrong or confused. His credibility is no better than the media he hates.

  7. #14
    Established Member
    Den Svarta Vikingen CWF's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-02-23 @ 20:55
    Join Date
    2010-02-23
    Posts
    2,258
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    I1d
    mtDNA
    B2
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Afro-Viking AmerIndian
    Ethnicity
    Black/African American
    Phenotype
    FAIL! Try genetics.
    Sweden African Union(OAS) United States United States Eastern Band Cherokee Cuba

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Trump Toys with Reporters at Press Conference Today:

    @CWF : ^^ That's the right attitude any sane American has over Trump punching back at the mainstream media. No sane person has any respect these days for the mainstream media, and it's not like they have any credibility either. Of course CNN and other MSM networks are bothered by Trump calling them fake news, but he's only saying what everyone is thinking.
    LOL! That is about your feelings not intellectualism or truth. You didn't answer whether Sweden was attacked or not because that involves truth and facts and your guy Trump comes up on the wrong side of it. Just call it fake news and say Trump never said it.

  8. #15
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-12-20
    Posts
    4,540
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    If the mainstream media is lying then identify their lies and expose them as such. If the media of whatever persuasion presents a fact with sources, then it stands until discredited. Saying ignore them because I don't like what they are saying doesn't disprove a statement.
    The mainstream media are propaganda tools. Not just in the US but everywhere.

    Even the choice of a single word shapes a message regardless if it is based on a fact:
    - The wall
    - The wonderful wall
    - The terrible wall

    FACTS do not need explanations
    FACTS do not need analysis
    FACTS do not need opinions
    FACTS do not need interpretations
    FACTS do not need to provoke emotional responses

    Who gets to decide about the messages?
    How random is it that 6 (ONLY SIX) corporations own 90% of USA's Media?



    Last edited by ageladakos; 2017-02-19 at 19:52.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ageladakos For This Useful Post:

    NixYO (2017-02-19), Silk (2017-02-19), ThePendragon (2017-02-20)

  10. #16
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-12-20
    Posts
    4,540
    Gender

    Default

    Trump knows very well who runs his country's media.



    If you look about their sizes on my previous post, you can easily conclude that the media are the enemy of the American people.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ageladakos For This Useful Post:

    Silk (2017-02-19)

  12. #17
    Established Member
    Junior Member Afura's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-10-01 @ 13:53
    Join Date
    2010-03-18
    Posts
    384
    Location
    New England, CT, USA
    Gender
    Age
    45
    Y-DNA
    E-M58
    mtDNA
    L2c
    Metaethnos
    Hue-man
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    GEDmatch
    LB5099394, PS7246389
    United States Benin Cameroon Mali United Kingdom African Union(OAS)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ageladakos View Post
    Trump knows very well who runs his country's media.



    If you look about their sizes on my previous post, you can easily conclude that the media are the enemy of the American people.
    Fox News, one of his biggest support base, is the most watched news in America. It doesn't get more "mainstream" than that so WTF are you and that idiot, Trump, complaining about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haile Selassie
    “We should accept diversity in culture and tradition and coexist peacefully...”
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely Fuller, Jr.
    "If you don't understand "White" Supremacy/Racism, everything that you do understand will only confuse you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question, than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

  13. #18
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,715
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    LOL! That is about your feelings not intellectualism or truth. You didn't answer whether Sweden was attacked or not because that involves truth and facts and your guy Trump comes up on the wrong side of it. Just call it fake news and say Trump never said it.
    Trump hadn't said anything about Sweden when I made that post. I made that post yesterday; he said what he said about Sweden today.

    Anyway, Trump is of course totally right about Sweden (which btw, is a Burqastan and soon to be Bantustan also). Who cares if he's wrong on the details, we have way too many Muslims around here (and other third worlders), and that's basically what he was trying to point out, but he didn't want to sound "racist", so he used terrorist attack as a euphemism. Also, Sweden was terrorist attacked a few years ago, by an incompetent Iraqi Muslim. He was so incompetent that fortunately, he only killed himself in the terrorist attack. Had Sweden not been the largest exporter of ISIS terrorists to Syria, I'm sure we'd have plenty of terrorist attacks here by now. Fortunately though, Bashar al-Assad is killing all those useless Jihadis

    What's your beef with Trump anyway? Why do you hate his good sides? You know, I've been paying attention in regards to Trump... there are those who actually like Trump for the wrong reasons (for example, there are those who like Trump because he thinks environmental problems is a "hoax"). And there are those who dislike him for the wrong reasons too. If you dislike Trump because of his "islamophobia", then you clearly have the wrong mentality.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2017-02-19 at 21:18.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2017-09-08), Silk (2017-02-19), ~Elizabeth~ (2017-02-19)

  15. #19
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,715
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    "Even a broken clock is right twice a day." So what true intellectual would buy these excuses? Mainstream, non-mainstream, rightist, leftist...a fact is a fact...even the facts you don't like. If the mainstream media is lying then identify their lies and expose them as such. If the media of whatever persuasion presents a fact with sources, then it stands until discredited. Saying ignore them because I don't like what they are saying doesn't disprove a statement.
    Dear Mainstream Media:


    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    So for example, was there a terrible attack in Sweden just the other night as Trump suggested? The universal response so far from Sweden is no...so Trump was wrong or confused. His credibility is no better than the media he hates.
    Trump has been mentioning Sweden a lot throughout the past year or two (he also mentioned Sweden in his election campaign btw). That he may have mixed up Sweden with some other EU country, is beside the point. You can't expect a businessman to remember all the social/demographic details with photographic memory accuracy.

    However, I'm pretty sure that him namedropping Sweden is in line with what he said in his general election campaign. I can't remember which rally it was, but I remember in particular that he once said, "look at what's happening in Sweden; Sweden didn't use to have problems" (I'm paraphrasing, but he said something like that anyway), and he didn't mention anything about a terrorist attack in Sweden in that rally; clearly he was referring to the large Muslim immigration to Sweden. Again, I'm not sure which rally this was, but the point here is, that he's basically encouraging Americans to look up how third world immigration has negatively affected Sweden, and the point he's making is that he's trying to prevent that in America, with his Muslim ban. Of course the Muslim ban isn't so much about Islam (although it is about that too) as it is about a third world ban, which is necessary, because we can't have first world countries if we're going to overload them with third worlders.

    Back in the days, in the early 20th century, third world immigration to America was not allowed (in fact, even Japanese immigration wasn't allowed). Trump is pushing for a return to that old fashioned immigration policy, and people like you hate him for it because apparently you want Muslims in America (not sure why, it's not like Muslims like you blacks anyway, you know).
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2017-09-08), Silk (2017-02-19), ~Elizabeth~ (2017-02-19)

  17. #20
    Established Member
    Den Svarta Vikingen CWF's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-02-23 @ 20:55
    Join Date
    2010-02-23
    Posts
    2,258
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    I1d
    mtDNA
    B2
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Afro-Viking AmerIndian
    Ethnicity
    Black/African American
    Phenotype
    FAIL! Try genetics.
    Sweden African Union(OAS) United States United States Eastern Band Cherokee Cuba

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ageladakos View Post
    The mainstream media are propaganda tools. Not just in the US but everywhere.

    Even the choice of a single word shapes a message regardless if it is based on a fact:
    - The wall
    - The wonderful wall
    - The terrible wall

    FACTS do not need explanations
    FACTS do not need analysis
    FACTS do not need opinions
    FACTS do not need interpretations
    FACTS do not need to provoke emotional responses

    Who gets to decide about the messages?
    How random is it that 6 (ONLY SIX) corporations own 90% of USA's Media?
    Then stop avoiding facts. Every news media outlet has a spin and propaganda. All of them. The only thing that matters are facts and your brain to figure it out. Saying that non-traditional media outlets are pure and honest is silly BS. You can believe what you want but I'm not buying it.
    Last edited by CWF; 2017-02-20 at 02:52.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2017-09-08), voyager (2017-02-20)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Brainwash" documentary about Race on mainstream media. Hjernevask.
    By aregint in forum Race & Ethnicity in Society
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2014-07-13, 04:30
  2. Is this guy mainstream Iraqi looking??
    By Roy in forum Asia & Oceania
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2012-05-24, 02:07
  3. American Secessionist Groups Go Mainstream
    By DrDawud in forum Current Affairs & Politics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2011-08-30, 18:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<