User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: On the mainstream media and so called “fake news” [split] //mod880 days old

  1. #21
    Established Member
    Den Svarta Vikingen CWF's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-02-23 @ 20:55
    Join Date
    2010-02-23
    Posts
    2,258
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    I1d
    mtDNA
    B2
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Afro-Viking AmerIndian
    Ethnicity
    Black/African American
    Phenotype
    FAIL! Try genetics.
    Sweden African Union(OAS) United States United States Eastern Band Cherokee Cuba

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Trump hadn't said anything about Sweden when I made that post. I made that post yesterday; he said what he said about Sweden today.

    Anyway, Trump is of course totally right about Sweden (which btw, is a Burqastan and soon to be Bantustan also). Who cares if he's wrong on the details, we have way too many Muslims around here (and other third worlders), and that's basically what he was trying to point out, but he didn't want to sound "racist", so he used terrorist attack as a euphemism. Also, Sweden was terrorist attacked a few years ago, by an incompetent Iraqi Muslim. He was so incompetent that fortunately, he only killed himself in the terrorist attack. Had Sweden not been the largest exporter of ISIS terrorists to Syria, I'm sure we'd have plenty of terrorist attacks here by now. Fortunately though, Bashar al-Assad is killing all those useless Jihadis

    What's your beef with Trump anyway? Why do you hate his good sides? You know, I've been paying attention in regards to Trump... there are those who actually like Trump for the wrong reasons (for example, there are those who like Trump because he thinks environmental problems is a "hoax"). And there are those who dislike him for the wrong reasons too. If you dislike Trump because of his "islamophobia", then you clearly have the wrong mentality.
    Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Whether you knew about it yesterday or not isn't the point. The question to you still remains unanswered after two exchanges so its clear you're going to avoid it. The flood of ME's into Europe isn't the issue. That is a fact that isn't a part of my discussion. Trump's inability to present his own facts correctly while calling news media outlets reporting fake is the issue.

    It's funny how everyone else has to carry Trump because he can't explain anything he says himself.
    Last edited by CWF; 2017-02-20 at 03:15.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

    beyoku (2017-02-20), voyager (2017-02-20)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Location
    ForumBiodiversity.com
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #22
    Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-08-01
    Posts
    1,189
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    E--V13 (dad's)
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Southron
    Politics
    Orbán-esque

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    As long as media tells the truth I am ok with it.
    What a joke. The media hasn't told the truth for quite some time. Naturally, you don't care because you're absurdly pliable and have no real positions of your own. By the way, how are things going in Fantasyland, aka, New Sweden?

  5. #23
    Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    3,186
    Gender
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blodeuwedd View Post
    What a joke. The media hasn't told the truth for quite some time. Naturally, you don't care because you're absurdly pliable and have no real positions of your own. By the way, how are things going in Fantasyland, aka, New Sweden?
    Has Breitbart or the Rightist media eschewed lies and exaggeration.
    Fat chance!
    METALLURGY CAME FROM ANATOLIA AND THE LEVANT.

  6. #24
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ThePendragon's Avatar
    Last Online
    2017-07-26 @ 22:31
    Join Date
    2016-10-05
    Posts
    1,131
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    H
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    mainstream American
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    pantheist
    United States Northern Ireland Germany Scotland Ireland England

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ageladakos View Post
    The mainstream media are propaganda tools. Not just in the US but everywhere.

    Even the choice of a single word shapes a message regardless if it is based on a fact:
    - The wall
    - The wonderful wall
    - The terrible wall

    FACTS do not need explanations
    FACTS do not need analysis
    FACTS do not need opinions
    FACTS do not need interpretations
    FACTS do not need to provoke emotional responses

    Who gets to decide about the messages?
    How random is it that 6 (ONLY SIX) corporations own 90% of USA's Media?



    There are several problems with the mainstream media (and some non-mainstream ones too) besides so called 'fake news'.

    1.) The Goebbels quote is most apropos to radio and video media. It is not that print media can't be biased it is that when you read you tend to analyze and critique more, in your mind, at least people who can read above an eighth grade level. Video etc... media , in contrast, especially to books, gives you prepackaged opinions and the illusion of choice. People then take a prepackaged opinion and insert it in their minds , like a cassette tape , without having to perform the action of thinking.

    2.) It is owned by a small amount of corporations.

    3.) Since most people are innumerates they have a tendency to focus on individuals and drama in contrast to more informal substantial objectively more weighty news.
    Last edited by ThePendragon; 2017-02-20 at 08:52.
    American of Scots-Irish or Ulster Ancestry :

    'I am a Scotsman', Sir Walter Scott once famously wrote, ' therefore I had to fight my way into the world'.

    "Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.” --Winston Churchill(England)

    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.” --Voltaire(France)

  7. #25
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-12-20
    Posts
    4,540
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    Then stop avoiding facts. Every news media outlet has a spin and propaganda. All of them.
    You are generalising in purpose because you do not want to accept the Truth. You probably do not have the neccessery experience to be able to make a comparrison.

    Do all media regardless of size and ownership "dress" the facts with a pile of non-facts? Yes, all of them do because that is what creates additional value for their product, it is what "sells". Look at the guy in Elia's videos who tries hard to pretend his "British accent" ... No real human speaks like him, it is an act because he knows that it sells.

    The FACT is that 5/6 of those gigantic media corporations in USA actively supported Hilary and fought against Trump. The problem is not validity of facts, the problem is CONTROL over your political system

    Want another example?:

    Quote Originally Posted by Media in Greece
    But the propaganda problem doesn’t just boil down to numbers. Greece’s biggest television station, MEGA Channel, broadcast a report claiming that the capital controls had created mile-long lines outside the banks. The station cited exaggerated figures and used pictures that, it was later discovered, had been taken years ago in South Africa. When a guest on MEGA asked the anchorwoman “why do you only broadcast the YES viewpoint?” she replied “is it really our fault if all factions in Greece favor a YES?” The results of the referendum, which indicate that every region of the country no matter how small registered a majority NO vote, should provide her with answer enough.

    From the beginning of the crisis right up to today, the mainstream media in Greece have ‘sold’ austerity’s formula to the nation’s citizens. At the parliamentary investigations committee it was revealed that major journalists had been travelling to the U.S. for IMF seminars. In 2011, Wikileaks published Top Secret wire messages from the American embassy in Athens regarding monitoring of the country’s media outlets. According to these messages, the embassy was even interfering in how talk shows were edited, in the interest of projecting a more favorable image of the United States abroad. Yannis Pretenteris, until last year Greece’s most popular newscaster, even admitted in his book that he knowingly lied to the Greek people every evening, but that he did so to help save the country.
    Want yet another example?:

    Quote Originally Posted by Media in Pre-Nazi Germany
    ... As a result of these massive enforced financial reparations, by 1923 the situation in Germany became desperate and inflation on an astronomical scale became the only way out for the government. Printing presses were engaged to print money around the clock. In 1921 the exchange rate was 75 marks to the dollar. By 1924 this had become about 5 trillion marks to the dollar. This virtually destroyed the German middle class (Koestler The God that Failed p 28), reducing any bank savings to a virtual zero ...

    'It was the Jews with their international affiliations and their hereditary flair for finance who were best able to seize such opportunities.. They did so with such effect that, even in November 1938, after five years of anti-Semitic legislation and persecution, they still owned, according to the Times correspondent in Berlin, something like a third of the real property in the Reich. Most of it came into their hands during the inflation ...

    The Jews obtained a wonderful ascendancy in politics, business and the learned professions (in spite of constituting) less than one percent of the population.. The banks, including the Reichsbank and the big private banks, were practically controlled by them. So were the publishing trade, the cinema, the theatres and a large part of the press - all the normal means, in fact, by which public opinion in a civilized country is formed.. The largest newspaper combine in the country with a daily circulation of four millions was a Jewish monopoly.. Every year it became harder and harder for a gentile to gain or keep a foothold in any privileged occupation.. At this time it was not the 'Aryans' who exercised racial discrimination. It was a discrimination that operated without violence. It was exercised by a minority against a majority. There was no persecution, only elimination ...

    Arthur Koestler confirms the Jewish over-involvement in German publishing. 'Ullstein's was a kind of super-trust; the largest organization of its kind in Europe, and probably In the world. They published four daily papers in Berlin alone, among these the venerable Vossische Zeitung, founded in the eighteenth century, and the B.Z. am Mittag, an evening paper.. Apart from these, Ullstein's published more than a dozen weekly and monthly periodicals, ran their own news service, their own travel agency, etc., and were one of the leading book publishers ...

    Douglas Reed, Chief Central European correspondent before WWII for the London Times, was profoundly anti-German and anti-Hitler. But nevertheless he reported: 'I watched the Brown Shirts going from shop to shop with paint pots and daubing on the window panes the word "Jew", in dripping red letters. The Kurfrstendamm was to me a revelation. I knew that Jews were prominent in business life, but I did not know that they almost monopolized important branches of it. Germany had one Jew to one hundred gentiles, said the statistics; but the fashionable Kurfrstendamm, according to the dripping red legends, had about one gentile shop to ninety-nine Jewish ones.' (Reed Insanity Fair (1938) p. 152-3). In Reed's book Disgrace Abounding of the following year he notes 'In the Berlin (of pre-Hitler years) most of the theatres were Jewish-owned or Jewish-leased, most of the leading film and stage actors were Jews, the plays performed were often by German, Austrian or Hungarian Jews and were staged by Jewish film producers, applauded by Jewish dramatic critics in Jewish newspapers.. The Jews are not cleverer than the Gentiles, if by clever you mean good at their jobs. They ruthlessly exploit the common feeling of Jews, first to get a foothold in a particular trade or calling, then to squeeze the non-Jews out of it.. It is not true that Jews are better journalists than Gentiles. They held all the posts on those Berlin papers because the proprietors and editors were Jewish' (pp238-9).
    To CLARIFY: I am not anti-semite. Greece does NOT have Jews, but the way media/banks/politics work in Greece is EXACTLY THE SAME as they operated in pre-Nazi Germany.

    As Trump said "The enemy of the American people"
    I believe that mass media are the enemy of freedom and democracy. (the actual ones)

    ~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    The only thing that matters are facts and your brain to figure it out.


    HALF of every country's voters are below average, they are simply STUPID.
    Does it matter if me. or you, or some people can see the facts?
    Your mass media are controlling them, they control your governments and your governments in turn control YOU.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    Saying that non-traditional media outlets are pure and honest is silly BS. You can believe what you want but I'm not buying it.
    I never said that.
    Last edited by ageladakos; 2017-02-20 at 13:04.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ageladakos For This Useful Post:

    Silk (2017-02-20)

  9. #26
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-12-20
    Posts
    4,540
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    There are several problems with the mainstream media (and some non-mainstream ones too) besides so called 'fake news'.

    1.) The Goebbels quote is most apropos to radio and video media. It is not that print media can't be biased it is that when you read you tend to analyze and critique more, in your mind, at least people who can read above an eighth grade level. Video etc... media , in contrast, especially to books, gives you prepackaged opinions and the illusion of choice. People then take a prepackaged opinion and insert it in their minds , like a cassette tape , without having to perform the action of thinking.

    2.) It is owned by a small amount of corporations.

    3.) Since most people are innumerates they have a tendency to focus on individuals and drama in contrast to more informal substantial objectively more weighty news.
    Yes, i agree with you on all points except no 3.
    If you feel a certain way for something, it already affects your stance even if it is a message that you logically find flawed. Feeling emotions and Thinking logically are different mechanisms.

    The problem with books is that they are not "news".
    It is impossible to read a book about every topic you encounter and as topics get harder (e.g. specialized), people don't have the time to get the prerequisite knowledge.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ageladakos For This Useful Post:

    NixYO (2017-02-20), Silk (2017-02-20)

  11. #27
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-12-20
    Posts
    4,540
    Gender

    Default

    Another example of how fake news can be

    "The President-elect engaged in 'perverted conduct' because he 'hates' Barack and Michelle Obama, according to an alleged intelligence memo"







    sure
    Last edited by ageladakos; 2017-02-20 at 14:02.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ageladakos For This Useful Post:

    Silk (2017-02-20)

  13. #28
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-12-20
    Posts
    4,540
    Gender

    Default

    A second post to clarrify even further (as i cannot edit the first one)

    To CLARIFY: I am not an anti-semite, nor an anti-jewish. Greece does NOT have any Jewish minority running anything, but a native oligarchy that collaborates with the international "capitalists". just like they used to collaborate with the ottomans while we were enslaved... Every country has a group of native people who would "sell their mother to the devil".

    Media/banks/politics in Greece are EXACTLY THE SAME as they were in pre-Nazi Germany.
    Why? Because corruption, immorality, lies, lack of democracy, exploitation of the masses, profiteering on misery, misinforming people, are the same practices regardless of the culture, religion, ethnic group or country.

    As for Germany since i mentioned it, i disagree with the article because it makes it appear as if all Jews in pre-nazi Germany were bankers or capitalists. No, this is definitely not true.
    I used it to show how control is established and how an "economical crisis" can be used to obtain things.
    "Power Cartels" and those who benefited from them in 1930 were not representative of average Jewish person in 1930 Germany, Poland, USA or Greece.

    In reality i think that the Jews of Europe were victims not only of the Nazis, but also of their well-paid-for and controlled "international bodies" which exploited their own people in order to defend the financial interests of a few capitalists.
    Before WW2 and before the Nazis committed their crimes against humanity, they had defied and opposed international banking by "nationalizing" their central bank (which was responsible for the hyper-inflation), produced debt-free money and took back control of their economy. Then what was in essence hardcore anti-capitalist was re-branded as 'antisemitism', because a handful of families hided behind the name of their Jewish people and used their own ethnic group to play international games ... as if the capitalists and the simple Jewish people are one and the same ...

    To come back to the Media:
    Media control the information, which indirectly controls the votes.
    Controlling democracy is necessary for those "few capitalists" and the way they promote their interests.

    See how the Greeks voted 65% NO in the referendum but the Greek media even managed to get Tsipras (who did YES) reelected... It is not that Greeks do not value democracy, it is that they were scared by the media about the 'absolute evil' that would come if we went back to a national currency ...
    Notice how in financial liberalism there should be "competition" and no "monopolies" in everything ... except central banks...
    Why shouldn't there be competition in central banks?
    Why should the US use debt-money and not debt-free money?
    Why should there be this international central bank monopoly?

    These six big corporations that seem to crave control of the USA public opinion are not solely run by any ethnic group, and i am sure that there are people of every background including Jewish people which dislike them as much as i do.
    See how they used misogyny, racism towards blacks, homophobia, hiring prostitutes in moscow etc against Trump.

    As Trump said "The enemy of the American people", and he is right.
    I believe that mass media are the enemy of freedom and democracy. (the actual ones)

    Now, after this final post of mine we can go back to the allowed (politically correct) spectrum of discussion that people feel comfortable with.
    Last edited by ageladakos; 2017-02-20 at 17:39.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ageladakos For This Useful Post:

    dbbrainer (2017-02-20)

  15. #29
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-07-15 @ 21:03
    Join Date
    2011-03-05
    Posts
    6,792
    Location
    Everywhere
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b2a
    mtDNA
    L3e1e
    Metaethnos
    Nuevo Mundo
    Ethnicity
    Isleño D Puertorican
    Politics
    Liberal central left
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Puerto Rico Spain United States Outlying Islands Amazigh Palestine Hispanidad

    Default

    The media has never told the truth. This can't possibly be hijacked by Trump supporters. Read Habermas.

    - - - Updated - - -

    @ Agedalakos .... One of the best post I have read in recent times.
    Last edited by dbbrainer; 2017-02-20 at 17:44.

  16. #30
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,691
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Whether you knew about it yesterday or not isn't the point. The question to you still remains unanswered after two exchanges so its clear you're going to avoid it. The flood of ME's into Europe isn't the issue. That is a fact that isn't a part of my discussion. Trump's inability to present his own facts correctly while calling news media outlets reporting fake is the issue.

    It's funny how everyone else has to carry Trump because he can't explain anything he says himself.
    The post you quoted, when I posted it, Trump hadn't even brought up Sweden yet (or held that rally for that matter), so how the hell do you expect me to mention anything about Trump's Sweden comment a day before he said it? What are you, completely dense?

    Anyway, Trump was speaking about the obvious massive third world immigration to Sweden, and the mainstream media (CNN etc.) immediately began playing stupid and tried to misrepresent Trump as him saying a terrorist attack had just taken place in Sweden. Now it's true that Trump was slightly ambiguous in the way he mentioned Sweden, and expressed himself somewhat inaccurately, but he did not say a terrorist attack occurred in Sweden. It's obvious to anyone with a brain that Trump was encouraging people to look up Sweden's third world immigration situation.

    Anyway here's Tucker Carlson's take on it:

    Tucker Carlson speaks out on Trump's 'Sweden' remark:
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2017-02-20 at 18:21.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Brainwash" documentary about Race on mainstream media. Hjernevask.
    By aregint in forum Race & Ethnicity in Society
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2014-07-13, 04:30
  2. Is this guy mainstream Iraqi looking??
    By Roy in forum Asia & Oceania
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2012-05-24, 02:07
  3. American Secessionist Groups Go Mainstream
    By DrDawud in forum Current Affairs & Politics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2011-08-30, 18:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<