Phenotype
    Assyroid
    Politics
    Imperialism
    Religion
    Mesopotamian religion
    Assyria

Default 6 days downtime explained

So on 2017-04-26, the idea was to upgrade Ubuntu as we were running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, whose long term support cycle ended on 2017-04-28. We ran into various issues after the update however, and the operating system was corrupted, which meant that my webhost had to reinstall the entire operating system, and then we also ran into other issues with various PHP/MySQL versions and so on. Hopefully, it should all be fixed now.

So, the forum wasn't hacked or anything, just a major server maintenance that hopefully will make the server more secure, stable, better performance and perhaps not crash once every month.

That said, since we're on vBulletin version 4.2.5 Release Candidate 2, things might be a bit buggy because this isn't a totally stable release.

Appreciate your understanding here. Anyway, the show must go on

//admin
    Last edited by admin; 2017-05-02 at 14:57. Reason: RC2
    “Susa, the great holy city, abode of their gods, seat of their mysteries, I conquered. I entered its palaces, I opened their treasuries where silver and gold, goods and wealth were amassed... I destroyed the ziggurat of Susa. I smashed its shining copper horns. I reduced the temples of Elam to naught; their gods and goddesses I scattered to the winds. The tombs of their ancient and recent kings I devastated, I exposed to the sun, and I carried away their bones toward the land of Ashur. I devastated the provinces of Elam and on their lands I sowed salt.” — Aššur-bāni-apli, Fall of Elam

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Blodeuwedd (2017-05-03), David Noi (2017-05-02), NixYO (2017-05-31), Sun Shield Pakal (2017-05-02), Targum (2017-05-02), ~Elizabeth~ (2017-05-05)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Administrator
    Last Online
    @
    Assyrid
    Metaethnos
    Sumero-Akkadian
    Ethnicity
    Assyro-Babylonian
    Phenotype
    Assyroid
    Politics
    Imperialism
    Religion
    Mesopotamian religion
    Assyria

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    That said, since we're on vBulletin version 4.2.5 Release Candidate 2, things might be a bit buggy because this isn't a totally stable release.
    ABF has been upgraded to vBulletin 4.2.5 now, and so the forum should be stable again. You should now be able to register new accounts again, and so on.

//admin
    “Susa, the great holy city, abode of their gods, seat of their mysteries, I conquered. I entered its palaces, I opened their treasuries where silver and gold, goods and wealth were amassed... I destroyed the ziggurat of Susa. I smashed its shining copper horns. I reduced the temples of Elam to naught; their gods and goddesses I scattered to the winds. The tombs of their ancient and recent kings I devastated, I exposed to the sun, and I carried away their bones toward the land of Ashur. I devastated the provinces of Elam and on their lands I sowed salt.” — Aššur-bāni-apli, Fall of Elam

5. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

NixYO (2017-05-31)