Phenotype
    many of these, I think
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by OldPretan View Post
    Brains are simply another body part made from the same DNA template. Are you arguing that non XX/XY brains result in transgender feelings? Because the transgender narrative is that "gender" is quite separate and in no way connected to biology, identity is purely subjective.
    Although many religions talk about soul / spirit these ethereal entities are usually sexless (although they do have grammatical genders).
    When "gender" is referred to, it is usually as an aspect of personality not an eternal transcendence.
    Most aspects of personality would appear to have some biological underpinning and will be normally distributed. To the extent that a personality trait is asymmetrically distributed with respect to sex then it could be regarded as having male or female qualities e.g. spatial vs verbal intelligence. Thus a woman / man who scores highly on traits more commonly found at high levels in men / women might be considered to have a more masculine / feminine personality. That does not make her / him a different "gender" just because their personality is further away from the statistical mean for their sex than some others. It might mean their cerebral architecture is different but that would apply for any trait.
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/239954.Brain_Sex has a questionnaire that tries to estimate the distribution of sexually differentiated traits and produces two bell curves with a 1 SD overlap. Men and women whose personalities fall into that overlap will still be men and women but they might find it easier to understand one another than those who fall on the other side of their respective means.

How would a person know that they were a different "gender" from their biological sex, there is more variation within each sexual distribution - 6 SD - than there is between the two - 5 SD. All men / women have personalities as unique as the DNA which underpins them. A majority of men are obsessed with sport, I'm not so I know that my own feelings of masculinity are very different from theirs.
    I've no idea what it feels like to be a woman even though I've been in a close relationship with one for 45 years and she tells me a lot about her thoughts and feelings. She's certainly different from all the women I knew before but she's still unmistakably feminine.
    Conformity to gender stereotypes is not compulsory but non-conformity is simply that and nothing more.
    I don't accept the transgender narrative as you have expressed it, and as far as I am aware that isn't the transgender narrative but it is the radical feminist narrative. The transgender narrative seems to be that gender differences are biological, but the radical feminist narrative is that psychological sexual differences are a blank slate. Those two perspectives are very much at odds.

There is a relevant phenomenon in statistics that probably has a name, or else it ought to have a name. When you have a collection of traits in which each trait has only a small average between-group difference, the combination of those correlated traits makes for a large between-group difference. That is what goes on between the sexes. Pick any single relevant trait, such as spatial ability, and you have only a marginal probability of knowing if the person is either male or female, like maybe 52%. But, if you have hundreds of those traits all at the same time, then your odds greatly increase.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ApostateAbe For This Useful Post:

alistair (2018-06-14)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-07-21 @ 14:50
    R1b-SRY 2627 - A7080
    mtDNA
    H5a1f
    Phenotype
    Archaic Nomenclature
    Politics
    Not a Fan
    GEDmatch
    M202348
    United States Germany Poland Poland Volhynia Switzerland Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by amigurumifox View Post
    Fair enough. But don't queer people make up the majority of Greenwich village and Soho? So wouldn't fag/tranny culture be the norm there?
    No not a majority but certainly the highest LGBTTTQQIAA community in the world and they sure want anyone in their turf to know about it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thetick For This Useful Post:

alistair (2018-06-14)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2018-08-10 @ 02:52
    90% R1b 10% I1
    Race
    Europoid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Phenotype
    fair
    Politics
    White Collar Populist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    England

Quote Originally Posted by upyours View Post
    I was thinking hard about this when I had a debate with an SJW who claimed that the state should sponsor transitioning surgery for Trans/Gender dysphoric people.She said that gender is a social construct and different from sex,which is biological and that our stereotypical gender behaviors were learned rather than inherited.

But I noticed not only a moral loophole with her idea but also a psychological loophole.If gender is simply a social construct,then how can a transgender even exist?How can someone born a male "not feel right" as their birth gender just because they like dolls and make up and shit?I thought it was just a social construct?If so would they not just be gay or an effeminate male?I do believe gender IS a spectrum afterall,from "Masculine" to "Feminine" when we talk of behaviors,so are they not just playing into this whole binary system they are against??
    I don't care what people want to do, but the state shouldn't pay for it, nor should anyone give special treatment to any other group. It can't go both ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itoli View Post
    Devil's advocate here: what's to prevent sexual predators from exploiting bathrooms as is?
    There isn't...but it's just one more thing, and there have already been some legal battles.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2018-08-10 @ 02:52
    90% R1b 10% I1
    Race
    Europoid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Phenotype
    fair
    Politics
    White Collar Populist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    England

Quote Originally Posted by searching View Post
    I don't care if they're mentally ill or not. No one deserves to be beaten, discriminated against and murdered for their personal choices. As long as it doesn't harm other people, let them be. I don't understand the thought process of transgenders but that doesn't give me a right to harass them.
    Of course not, but you don't get special kid gloves either. That's the problem with Liberals, the kid gloves, special interest groups, formation of ghettos..etc

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Woden For This Useful Post:

searching (2018-06-05)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    I don't care what people want to do, but the state shouldn't pay for it, nor should anyone give special treatment to any other group. It can't go both ways.

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't...but it's just one more thing, and there have already been some legal battles.
    One more thing in what way? Are you arguing that criminals were looking to the law before they did something criminal? So Jacob saw a woman enter a bathroom and his thought process is "hmm I want to rape her but it's not legal for men to be in women's bathrooms... better be on my way"? <-- That just sounds like senseless fear mongering to me.
    Last edited by Itoli; 2018-06-04 at 16:08.

Last Online
    2018-06-15 @ 10:07

Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    No not a majority but certainly the highest LGBTTTQQIAA community in the world and they sure want anyone in their turf to know about it.
    I know this is weird but I somewhat of a queer nationalist. I think that every group should stay in their lane.

Amnesty Member
    Molecular Biologist The American's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:57
    Y-DNA
    R-P311
    mtDNA
    K1a3a1
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    Celtic and Germanic.
    Ethnicity
    European-American.
    Religion
    Roman Catholic.
    United States United Kingdom Ireland France Germany Netherlands

If a grown, consenting adult wants to LARP as some kind of transfag so be it. All hail Corporal Klinger.

These assholes and their enablers in the SJW crowd are literally pushing this degenerate shit on children. Little ones have no innate defense against this kind of psychological warfare.

Last edited by The American; 2018-06-05 at 09:21.
    The publicity I have been getting, a good deal of which is untrue, and the rest of it ill considered, has done me more harm than good.
    General George S. Patton

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The American For This Useful Post:

alistair (2018-06-14)

Established Member
    Chanthroscape > Anthroscape JamesSteal's Avatar
    Last Online
    2018-06-19 @ 18:09
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Cromagnid
    Philippines China Russia

Quote Originally Posted by The American View Post
    If a grown, consenting adult wants to LARP as some kind of transfag so be it. All hail Corporal Klinger.

These assholes and their enablers in the SJW crowd are literally pushing this degenerate shit on children. Little ones have no innate defense against this kind of psychological warfare.

That's the plan. They want you to parrot the "live and let live/it's not affecting me" dogma so you'll be complacent and won't resist their agenda. It's working.

Last Online
    2018-08-10 @ 00:23

The thread title is rude. Everyone should be able to identify as they want.
    And not every transgender is like Caitlyn Jenner.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Doggerlandic
    Ethnicity
    South Norse
    Phenotype
    Kostenkioid
    Politics
    Relativism
    Religion
    None
    Denmark Viking Finland Spain Castile

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    I wasn’t referring to you, specifically. I was just saying in general, those “why don’t we just say sex?” types.
    I understand the usage pretty well, but it's just such a specifically English term that it cannot be a universal concept. As Janos mentioned, we have a different word than sex to describe the physical sex, but that word is also used for gender in the "gender roles" sense, and it makes no difference that we use the same word. The differentiation cannot just hinge on which word people use, it has to have a basic concept which does not depend on such semantics, instead it's simply a matter of context.
    "A bloke walks into a pub, and asks for a pint of Adenosinetriphosphate.
    The barman says "That'll be ATP please!"
    -------
    “That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.”

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast