Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 180 EUR, Received: 0 EUR (0%)
By donating, you not only support the continued existence of this site, you also improve this site in various ways, by making it affordable for ForumBiodiversity to upgrade the server with better hardware and licensed non-free proprietary software, but also motivating the staff to work harder. ABF will always be free of charge (gratis) to use. However, if everyone donates a small monthly amount, it makes a tremendous difference for the forum's overall quality in the long haul.

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New K36 post your results- Your ancestors 15,000 years ago+ Your ancestors 4,500 years ago73 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:45
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    United States Mexico

"Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a_garcia49 For This Useful Post:

Pioterus (2017-05-24), Silesian (2017-05-24), Targum (2017-05-24)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ThePendragon's Avatar
    Last Online
    2017-07-24 @ 22:33
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    H
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    mainstream American
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    pantheist
    United States Northern Ireland Germany Scotland Ireland England

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    Im not trolling. I was fenuinely curious how you felt about that given that you are a racist.
    Honestly, I don't give a shit. These results are not written in stone. AncestryDNA has me as less than 1% African and anything less 1% may well be statistical noise. K36 tries to do a deeper older analysis, based in this, so it may well be amplified statistical noise.

You guys autistically act like these results are written in stone meanwhile Eurogenes k13, k15, and EUTEST all give me different results.
    Last edited by ThePendragon; 2017-05-24 at 04:35.
    American of Scots-Irish or Ulster Ancestry :

'I am a Scotsman', Sir Walter Scott once famously wrote, ' therefore I had to fight my way into the world'.

"Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.” --Winston Churchill(England)

"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.” --Voltaire(France)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:01
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b2a1a1 (A2423+)
    mtDNA
    U3a1a(1)
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Politics
    laissez faire
    Religion
    Metalhead
    Poland Lithuania Grand Duchy

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    Honestly, I don't give a shit. These results are not written in stone. AncestryDNA has me as less than 1% African and anything less 1% may well be statistical noise. K36 tries to do a deeper older analysis, based in this, so it may well be amplified statistical noise.

You guys autistically act like these results are written in stone meanwhile Eurogenes k13, k15, and EUTEST all give me different results.
    This or another possibility.

Might be that all these "exotic" (in my case I am getting some Polynesian, sometimes "far" Asian - depeds on calculator used) are either algorythm hiccup or very old, shared ancestry common for Euroasiatics.

Other idea - this is shard "backwards", like Slavonics (Poles) getting some Ashkenazim, Romanian or Greek - being in fact Slavonic admix into those respective genepools.

So - Your 1% African might be in fact well spread Scottish in most Aframs (if they have been used as reference populations) or some ancient admix event of some R1b folks paying a visit to Africa?
    and the IEEE Milestone for breaking the Enigma Code goes to... Polish Cipher Bureau 1932-39

“We know each other,” he agreed. “They say that you follow in my steps.”
    “I go my own way. But you, you had never, until just now, looked behind you. You turned back today for the first time.”
    Geralt remained silent. Tired, he had nothing to say. “How... How will it happen?” he asked her at last, coldly and without emotion. “I will take you by the hand,” she replied, looking him straight in the eye. “I will take you by the hand and lead you across the meadow, through a cold and wet fog.” “And after? What is there beyond the fog?” “Nothing,” she replied, smiling. “After that, there is nothing.”
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski
    Świat się zmienia, słońce zachodzi, a wódka się kończy [The world is changing, sun is setting and we're running out of Vodka.]
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pioterus For This Useful Post:

Cromagnorse (2017-05-24)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Slayer of sacred cows Cromagnorse's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 18:40
    R1a Z282+ M458+
    mtDNA
    H1
    Metaethnos
    Aryan
    Ethnicity
    Suebi/Swede, Goth/Geat
    Politics
    Pan-Aryanism
    Religion
    *Dyḗws Ph₂tḗr
    Viking Kalmar Union Holy Roman Empire Commonwealth Lithuania Grand Duchy Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Pioterus View Post
    This or another possibility.

Might be that all these "exotic" (in my case I am getting some Polynesian, sometimes "far" Asian - depeds on calculator used) are either algorythm hiccup or very old, shared ancestry common for Euroasiatics.

Other idea - this is shard "backwards", like Slavonics (Poles) getting some Ashkenazim, Romanian or Greek - being in fact Slavonic admix into those respective genepools.

So - Your 1% African might be in fact well spread Scottish in most Aframs (if they have been used as reference populations) or some ancient admix event of some R1b folks paying a visit to Africa?
    This. I keep getting very low levels of Oceanian and Amerindian admixture, but no Siberian, so it couldn't even be explained by potential Sami/Kven ancestry from my Northern Swedish side. It must be a hiccup or extremely old. 23andme also gave me <0,1% SSA admixture until a couple of years ago, when it changed to <0,1% East Asian and Amerindian.
    Last edited by Cromagnorse; 2017-05-24 at 16:27.
    Johan Bure (1568–1652), of the Bure kinship, was a Swedish royal antiquarian, polymath, runologist and mystic.

He at one point proposed that Sweden should replace its current latin alphabet with a revived form of the older, nobler, and more mystical Germanic runes. He also argued in favour of Gothicism, along with overall Swedish cultural separatism from Rome.

Je ne suis pas Charlie. Cependant, je veux voir un nouveau Charles Martel

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cromagnorse For This Useful Post:

Pioterus (2017-05-24)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    R1a1a*
    mtDNA
    U5a1b
    Metaethnos
    Corded Ware
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Czech
    Politics
    Authoritarian

@ThePendragon : It's the Irish influence.
    @Cromagnorse : It's the Finnish influence.

By the way, I have .1% North African on 23andMe now that my father is tested.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

GEDmatch distant cousin Saami1:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aila For This Useful Post:

Silesian (2017-05-25)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:01
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b2a1a1 (A2423+)
    mtDNA
    U3a1a(1)
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Politics
    laissez faire
    Religion
    Metalhead
    Poland Lithuania Grand Duchy

This "RISE598 is kit number M483824" Guy.

and the IEEE Milestone for breaking the Enigma Code goes to... Polish Cipher Bureau 1932-39

“We know each other,” he agreed. “They say that you follow in my steps.”
    “I go my own way. But you, you had never, until just now, looked behind you. You turned back today for the first time.”
    Geralt remained silent. Tired, he had nothing to say. “How... How will it happen?” he asked her at last, coldly and without emotion. “I will take you by the hand,” she replied, looking him straight in the eye. “I will take you by the hand and lead you across the meadow, through a cold and wet fog.” “And after? What is there beyond the fog?” “Nothing,” she replied, smiling. “After that, there is nothing.”
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski
    Świat się zmienia, słońce zachodzi, a wódka się kończy [The world is changing, sun is setting and we're running out of Vodka.]
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pioterus For This Useful Post:

aregint (2017-05-25)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    J2a1b1* (M92)
    mtDNA
    U7
    Race
    Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Pontian +Turkish
    Politics
    Pan-Orientalist
    Religion
    atheist
    Turkey Greece Turkmenistan

It is better to be in chains with friends than to be in a garden with strangers. -- Persian proverb

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed. -- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

انا حرة

I heard it on the grapevine.
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:33
    I-M423
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Dinarid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    S/W Slav + German
    Politics
    Seize production
    Religion
    Panentheist
    Bosnia Sarajevo Croatia coat of arms Serbia coat of arms Poland Germany Bavaria United States
    Last edited by Grapeshifter; 2017-07-19 at 23:44.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5