User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New K36 post your results- Your ancestors 15,000 years ago+ Your ancestors 4,500 years ago158 days old

Last Online
    2017-10-13 @ 00:32
    G-l30
    mtDNA
    U7
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Metaethnos
    Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Persian, Turkic
    Politics
    Center-Left
    Religion
    Zoroastrianism
    United States Islamic Republic of Iran Afghanistan Azerbaijan Georgia India

A majority of my ancestry shows up as Amerindian, Arabian, Iranian, and Anatolian but that contradicts the charts on gedmatch. Are most Central Asians from the Near East? Oh, and 2 Indo-European? I had 10% before. And I had 5% Siberian, where it now shows 0. I think I'm misunderstanding this.

Edit: Just did another test which pinpoints specific locations. Again I got high scores (like 20% per population) for the Americas. Any explanation? My ancestry is from West/Central Asia as far back as I can think for grandparents, etc.
    Last edited by voyager14; 2017-08-04 at 10:20.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    good Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by voyager14 View Post
    Mine are confusing as hell. A majority of my ancestry shows up as Arabian, Iranian, and Anatolian but that contradicts the charts on gedmatch. Are most Central Asians from the Near East? Oh, and 2 Indo-European? I had 10% before. And I had 5% Siberian, where it now shows 0. I think I'm misunderstanding this.
    This calculator overestimates levant/arabia genes (its related with near east), it probably identify majory on their favour. I also got huge amount as you see.

Last Online
    2017-10-13 @ 00:32
    G-l30
    mtDNA
    U7
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Metaethnos
    Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Persian, Turkic
    Politics
    Center-Left
    Religion
    Zoroastrianism
    United States Islamic Republic of Iran Afghanistan Azerbaijan Georgia India

Quote Originally Posted by IstenmeyenTuy View Post
    This calculator overestimates levant/arabia genes (its related with near east), it probably identify majory on their favour. I also got huge amount as you see.
    Makes sense. On my similarity test my ancient populations were almost entirely Yamnaya/Siberia on one side, and Iran/Armenia/Georgia/Gladiator on the other. My highest European one was Gladiator and Whatever Ulan is, and my lowest out of all of them was in Southern Europe during the pre-Neolithic, lowest in Italy. The rest were a bunch of 70's and 80's in South Central Asia and the Caucasus, with a bit less in Anatolia, and a good size in the Levant. It makes sense but this one seems more accurate than the ancient map one. 4500 BCE Iranian and 11,000 BCE Georgia.

It seems like my ancestors were also in modern day Turkmenistan/Uzbekistan (Andronovo) area during the Indo-European expansion. I am either Indo-European, or one of the unfortunate central Asians who got washed over by their horses and now have their genes, as I'm not sure which one is the IE and which one is the near east. I have Iranian from 4000 BCE but it suddenly turns to Andronovo before that, which means there could've been a southern migration from southern Russia.
    Last edited by voyager14; 2017-08-04 at 11:10.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6