User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: MyHeritageDNA FREE ethnicity reports from autosomal transfer751 days old

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:40
    E-M5021
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Arabid
    Phenotype
    E Med + Arabid
    Israel Star of David United States

Quote Originally Posted by Moody900 View Post
    My results:

Asia
    44.4%
    West Asia
    44.4%
    Mizrahi Jewish - Iranian/Iraqi
    28.1%
    West Asian
    16.3%
    Africa
    27.5%
    North Africa
    25.5%
    Sephardic Jewish - North African
    25.5%
    East Africa
    2.0%
    Somali
    1.2%
    Maasai
    0.8%
    Middle East
    23.0%
    Middle East
    23.0%
    Middle Eastern
    23.0%
    Europe
    5.1%
    South Europe
    5.1%
    Italian
    3.9%
    Greek
    1.2%

I'm SOOO Jewish, lol.
    Joking aside, notwithstanding the general overlap we are all showing, your specific descent from a family of Leviim is a not insignificant connection to the Jewish people. You see yourself as ethnically Arab but you can be seen (no offense to Arab nationalism intended) as a lost Jewish descendant. How are you that much different from the Latinamerican or Italian descendants of crypto-Jews?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Targum For This Useful Post:

Moody900 (2017-06-02), Semitic Duwa (2017-06-02)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2018-12-27 @ 03:32
    mtDNA
    U3
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Armenid
    Metaethnos
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Palestine United Arab Emirates Arab League Gambia Amazigh African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Targum View Post
    Joking aside, notwithstanding the general overlap we are all showing, your specific descent from a family of Leviim is a not insignificant connection to the Jewish people. You see yourself as ethnically Arab but you can be seen (no offense to Arab nationalism intended) as a lost Jewish descendant. How are you that much different from the Latinamerican or Italian descendants of crypto-Jews?
    I'm against the idea of Arab nationalism, rofl. I Identify myself as an Arab solely based on linguistic and cultural grounds. Being an Arab is a pan-ethnic identity, and most Arabs today like the Egyptians and etc are descendants from pre-Islamic peoples with significant amount of Arabian admixture in their genepool which is especially true among the Muslims than the Christians and the Druze. I do like to know on when did my Jewish ancestors converted to Islam and got Arabized though.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moody900 For This Useful Post:

IstenmeyenTuy (2017-07-05), Semitic Duwa (2017-06-02), SomaliSuldaan (2017-06-02), Targum (2017-06-02)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    E-M5021
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Arabid
    Phenotype
    E Med + Arabid

Quote Originally Posted by Moody900 View Post
    I'm against the idea of Arab nationalism, rofl. I Identify myself as an Arab solely based on linguistic and cultural grounds. Being an Arab is a pan-ethnic identity, and most Arabs today like the Egyptians and etc are descendants from pre-Islamic peoples with significant amount of Arabian admixture in their genepool which is especially true among the Muslims than the Christians and the Druze. I do like to know on when did my Jewish ancestors converted to Islam and got Arabized though.
    What you say is %100 true. However it never applied to Jews. Jews for the most part were already in place when today's "Arab World" was Arabized. Except for a noisy handful of Baghdad-origin Jewish Communists, and an even smaller number of their Cairo-born fellow travelers, most of whom ended up in Israel in the 1940's and 1950's,no Jews ever identified as Arabs, or "Arab Jews" (despite being Arabic speaking for generations (albeit in the case of the Bavlim, from Baghdad, it was an identifiable Judeo-Arabic dialect). That small group of Communists made some noise about being "Arab Jews" but they were and are seen as fringe ideologues and the only remaining person in that group that still gets read is Dr. Sami Mikhael , and everybody knows his politics. So the pan-Arab designation works for everybody but the Jews. The masses of Jews who lived in the Arab World until recently (my in-laws most definitely included) saw themselves as Jews living as exiles among Arabs exactly how Ashkenazim (again except for Communists) saw themselves as Jews who ended up in Poland or Belarus as exiles. So when Jews assimilated in the Arab World it was because they actually left the Jewish Community and joined the Muslim ummah. So yes, it will be interesting to know if it was a case of voluntary intermarriage in modern times or which circumstances led to your Jewish ancestors "crossing over".

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Targum For This Useful Post:

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2018-12-27 @ 03:32
    mtDNA
    U3
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Armenid
    Metaethnos
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Arab
    Palestine United Arab Emirates Arab League Gambia Amazigh African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Targum View Post
    What you say is %100 true. However it never applied to Jews. Jews for the most part were already in place when today's "Arab World" was Arabized. Except for a noisy handful of Baghdad-origin Jewish Communists, and an even smaller number of their Cairo-born fellow travelers, most of whom ended up in Israel in the 1940's and 1950's,no Jews ever identified as Arabs, or "Arab Jews" (despite being Arabic speaking for generations (albeit in the case of the Bavlim, from Baghdad, it was an identifiable Judeo-Arabic dialect). That small group of Communists made some noise about being "Arab Jews" but they were and are seen as fringe ideologues and the only remaining person in that group that still gets read is Dr. Sami Mikhael , and everybody knows his politics. So the pan-Arab designation works for everybody but the Jews. The masses of Jews who lived in the Arab World until recently (my in-laws most definitely included) saw themselves as Jews living as exiles among Arabs exactly how Ashkenazim (again except for Communists) saw themselves as Jews who ended up in Poland or Belarus as exiles. So when Jews assimilated in the Arab World it was because they actually left the Jewish Community and joined the Muslim ummah. So yes, it will be interesting to know if it was a case of voluntary intermarriage in modern times or which circumstances led to your Jewish ancestors "crossing over".
    That makes sense considering that many Samaritans in today's Nablus and etc had converted to Islam either by force and other means which became the ancestors of most of the people in the north of Israel/Palestine. My Girlfriend's mother is from Nablus, and her mother's surname is Shakshiri which is a Samaritan surname.
    (my GF with her mother on the right):

Btw, do I look like a British Jew in these photos?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moody900 For This Useful Post:

Kriptc06 (2017-06-02), Semitic Duwa (2017-06-02)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    E-M5021
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Arabid
    Phenotype
    E Med + Arabid

LOL you are more Jew-y than any nominal "goy" I have ever seen. I got asked last week on another forum if I was a Berber lol, based on this historical pic when I wore a giant Jew-fro. Wish you Mabrook with the gf.

Last edited by Targum; 2017-06-02 at 18:20.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Targum For This Useful Post:

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2017-06-22 @ 09:50
    R-L21
    Ethnicity
    Irish Swede
    Phenotype
    Lappo-Keltid
    Ireland Sweden

Cool.

IRL I'm mostly Irish, followed very closely by Scandinavian, with German, some English & 1/16 Sami. It catches the Irish but definitely not all of it. I wonder how much got absorbed into Northwestern European? I also get no Scandinavian whatsoever, so maybe that got completely sucked into that category. I also get no English or East-Asian or Finnish (things a Sami would get). Considering it's in beta mode, I still think this is pretty accurate. More than FTDNA and dna.land anyway. It's cool that it does catch my minute amount of Polish blood, though (23andme did not) via my Pomeranian side (I have Zieliński ancestors in that line).

Eventually, if it gets more accurate, I'll probably end up getting results more like 27.3% Northwestern European, 26% Irish, 25% Scandinavian, 9.3% English, 3.9% East-European and 6.25% something like East-Asian or Finnish.

I only know of my Sami ancestry because on GEDmatch calculators with the highest East-Asian samples, I get amounts higher than Hungarians (I get around 2%, higher than the average Hungarian) so I know there must be something Uralic down there. Not to mention me and part of my family are phenotypically Lappoids. The reason I don't get it on other tests must have to do with sample sizes for East-Asians. Also, since Samis are on average 15-20% East-Asian that would mean I have a fully Sami great, great grandparent, so 1/16.
    Last edited by Gallowglass; 2017-06-03 at 00:05.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gallowglass For This Useful Post:

Kriptc06 (2017-06-02)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

How long does this take? i uploaded mine two days ago

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist tauromenion's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-05-23 @ 01:36
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Moderate.
    Italy Sicily-II Greece Portugal Israel Star of David Poland Cape Verde

Mother, 23andme:

Mother, AncestryDNA:

Me:

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tauromenion For This Useful Post:

kingjohn (2017-09-14), Kriptc06 (2017-06-02), Targum (2017-06-02)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist tauromenion's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-05-23 @ 01:36
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Moderate.
    Italy Sicily-II Greece Portugal Israel Star of David Poland Cape Verde

Here is a Sicilian girl's results from Catania, on the east coast.

She scores very little Italian. She is just over half Greek, and then she has, unsurprisingly, some Ashkenazi Jewish and a sizable amount of West Asian and Levantine which would put her, autosomally, right into the Sicily/Malta/Greek islands cluster. The rest is North Africa and West Europe.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tauromenion For This Useful Post:

Kriptc06 (2017-06-02), Targum (2017-06-05)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    How long does this take? i uploaded mine two days ago
    one or two days
    Adieu

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriptc06 For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2017-06-03)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast