Ethnicity
    mainstream American
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    pantheist
    United States Northern Ireland Germany Scotland Ireland England

Default Raw veganism is not the healthiest diet

Elias claims I am anti-intellectual for not accepting that raw veganism is the 'healthiest diet' meanwhile :

Not much is known about when humans began to cook food — although cooking is widely thought to have started long before agriculture. The earliest archaeological evidence of humans’ controlling fire — and possibly cooking — dates to roughly a million years ago. But the Harvard anthropologist Richard Wrangham argues that it started nearly a million years before that. He also argues that cooking is what made us human — that it allowed our prehistoric ancestors to spend less time and energy chewing raw foods; and that that energy could be directed toward growing the human brain. But that’s not the only reason to appreciate cooking. It releases nutrients in raw foods and often makes them more potent and easier to digest.

There are some foods — and kale and broccoli are two of them — that we absorb more of their cancer-fighting ingredients if we eat them raw. But most fruits and vegetables benefit from light cooking, either a sauté maybe in olive oil at low temperature or lightly steamed — less cooked than most people cook them. But the light steaming or gentle sauté breaks down cell walls, which makes more of the nutrients available to us. So, we’ll get three or four times more nutrients from a cooked carrot than from a raw one.

So apparently raw veganism is a diet for subhumans.

Links /sources :

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/stor...w-book-argues/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/04...2KJ4MOCDEPAL5Z
    American of Scots-Irish or Ulster Ancestry :

'I am a Scotsman', Sir Walter Scott once famously wrote, ' therefore I had to fight my way into the world'.

"Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.” --Winston Churchill(England)

"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.” --Voltaire(France)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    Elias claims I am anti-intellectual for not accepting that raw veganism is the 'healthiest diet' meanwhile :
    Have you seen this documentary?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forks_Over_Knives

If not, get back to me when you have, in this thread, and let me know if you still hold the same anti-intellectual opinion on this topic as you do now.

There are some foods — and kale and broccoli are two of them — that we absorb more of their cancer-fighting ingredients if we eat them raw. But most fruits and vegetables benefit from light cooking, either a sauté maybe in olive oil at low temperature or lightly steamed — less cooked than most people cook them. But the light steaming or gentle sauté breaks down cell walls, which makes more of the nutrients available to us. So, we’ll get three or four times more nutrients from a cooked carrot than from a raw one.
    Dude, cooking food is mainly for meat, not fruits and vegetables, which are heat sensitive. You do understand that lots of micronutrients are damaged by heat, right? There's no need to cook fruits and vegetables, because they can be eaten perfectly fine as they are, raw.

Most vitamins are heat sensitive, whereas minerals -- because they're minerals -- resist heat better. So that's why you should never boil or fry (even at light temperatures) fruits and vegetables, if your intention is to eat as healthy food as possible.

So apparently raw veganism is a diet for subhumans.
    You're a mainstream thinker.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

IstenmeyenTuy (2017-06-24)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ThePendragon's Avatar
    Last Online
    2017-07-26 @ 23:31
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    H
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    mainstream American
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    pantheist
    United States Northern Ireland Germany Scotland Ireland England

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Have you seen this documentary?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forks_Over_Knives

If not, get back to me when you have, in this thread, and let me know if you still hold the same anti-intellectual opinion on this topic as you do now.

Dude, cooking food is mainly for meat, not fruits and vegetables, which are heat sensitive. You do understand that lots of micronutrients are damaged by heat, right? There's no need to cook fruits and vegetables, because they can be eaten perfectly fine as they are, raw.

Most vitamins are heat sensitive, whereas minerals -- because they're minerals -- resist heat better. So that's why you should never boil or fry (even at light temperatures) fruits and vegetables, if your intention is to eat as healthy food as possible.

You're a mainstream thinker.

You're the anti-intellectual who doesn't read books anymore but just watches video media, plays video games and gets high. Have you read the book, by a Harvard Professor and scientist, Richard Wrangham , Catching Fire : How Cooking Made Us Human ? If not get back to me when you do.

Also, according to Wikipedia the Forks Over knives documentary is not technically about raw veganism and video media is anti-intellectual you are a mainstream thinker for watching lots of video media and not reading non-fiction books. Mainstream people don't read books, especially, non-fiction anymore.

Even if your video documentary was about raw veganism, which it isn't, it features thinkers from inferior colleges like Cornell. Meanwhile the book I cite is from a Harvard Professor.
    Last edited by ThePendragon; 2017-06-24 at 08:57.
    American of Scots-Irish or Ulster Ancestry :

'I am a Scotsman', Sir Walter Scott once famously wrote, ' therefore I had to fight my way into the world'.

"Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.” --Winston Churchill(England)

"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.” --Voltaire(France)

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

You're the anti-intellectual who doesn't read books anymore but just watches video media, plays video games and gets high.
    I don't have time for books right now, but when I do read them, I understand them better than you do and more importantly, I read the relevant books. It's not about how many books you've read; it's about quality over quantity.

I also don't smoke weed that often, which is a serious problem as I'd love to be high 24/7 As for video games, that's great stuff for your intelligence, you should play more video games:

Playing video games can boost brain power:
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0821094924.htm

Besides, do you have any evidence for this belief of yours, that cannabis lowers one's intelligence? Yeah, that's what I thought.

It seems like to me, that every time you have no counterargument to what I say, you bring up the weed card.

Have you read the book, by a Harvard Professor and scientist, Richard Wrangham , Catching Fire : How Cooking Made Us Human ? If not get back to me when you do.
    No, I haven't read it, and I'm not going to either. Forks Over Knives is 96 minutes long and certainly a documentary you can find time for. Especially if you're going to argue that the Mediterranean diet is healthier than raw food veganism, you better inform yourself on what both sides have to say. I'm not going to waste hours and days reading a 320 pages bullshit book about some hypothetical scenario written by a guy who's postulating his ass off about stuff he has no genetic evidence for.

We became humans (as in, smarter than other great apes) because our primate ancestors had the necessary mutations/genotypes that increased intelligence. Add natural selection into the mix and at some point, millions of years later, you have the anatomically modern humans.

If there's no mutations to select for, it doesn't matter how much you cook the food; you're not going to evolve such traits. And besides, some basic higher intelligence must have been present in the first place, to create fire; no non-human apes or other primates of today, know how to 'catch fire'. So there goes that bullshit argument you're apparently not intelligent enough to see the holes in.

Also, it should be pointed out that primates in general, are very intelligent animals. So it's not like cooking food made our ancestors go from a mice level intelligence to human intelligence by simply preparing their diet in a different way.

On top of that, raw food veganism has all the essential nutrients we need, both micro- and macronutrients. There's no nutrition -- essential or otherwise -- in animal food sources that we can't find in the plant kingdom. Ever heard of Soylent? It's totally vegan. Sure, it's processed so it's not raw, but it's vegan.

Also, according to Wikipedia the Forks Over knives documentary is not technically about raw veganism and video media is anti-intellectual you are a mainstream thinker for watching lots of video media and not reading non-fiction books. Mainstream people don't read books, especially, non-fiction anymore.
    Forks Over Knives recommends a whole foods, plant based diet, and the facts behind this documentary is based on multiple sources of scientific research and studies (such as The China Study).

And I don't think you understand: animal protein, is more carcinogenic than vegan protein (source), which indicates that we're not really adapted to eating animal protein. Animal fat is also mostly saturated, which at the end of the day makes it not only unhealthy but also lethal in some way or another, in the long run. Add to that tons of cholesterol (which we don't need since we can produce it ourselves) which is only found in animal sources, and you get the point. Phytosterols are much healthier than cholesterol.

And few things are as mainstream as eating meat, dairy and other animal based food, so you're the mainstream thinker here. You need to unlearn what you think you know about nutrition.

That said, clearly the Mediterranean diet is healthier than something like McDonald's, but that's mainly because it's rich in fruits, vegetables and tomato especially (lycopene is awesome stuff), not because its other non-vegan ingredients are so great (and the same can be said of the paleodiet; it's the vegan content that makes it healthier than McDonald's). However, the Mediterranean diet is no match for raw food veganism. There are in fact lots of problem with the Mediterranean diet, such as:

Why Olive Oil Isn’t a Health Food:
    https://www.forksoverknives.com/why-...a-health-food/

^^ The Mediterranean diet only seems healthy, because it's compared to standard American junk food.

Even if your video documentary was about raw veganism, which it isn't, it features thinkers from inferior colleges like Cornell. Meanwhile the book I cite is from a Harvard Professor.
    This is an 'ad verecundiam', so you have no case here. Knowledge is knowledge no matter how snobby the college is. Apparently you believe it can only be knowledge if it comes from some high status Ivy League university (and Cornell is Ivy League anyway)?
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2017-06-24 at 18:49.

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Last Online
    2018-12-15 @ 13:30
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Religion
    Christian
    Suebi Kingdom Viking Norway Denmark Netherlands United States

Established Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:01
    Americanoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Roman
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto Med + Dinarid
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Catholic
    United States Holy Roman Empire South Africa 1928-1994 Portugal Order of Christ Portugal

Veganism is nothing more than a mainstream fad. Everyone from the hipsters in the city to Hollywood weirdos are doing it (mainstream thinkers) now.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post

She looks anemic. Thin,tired looking and pale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Essien View Post
    • The Grimaldi African occupied Europe in ancient times.
    • The original Celtic priesthood were Blacks.
    • Black people constructed Stonehenge.
    • The Scots are themselves of Black origin.
    • The Irish are of black origin.
    • The Knights of King Arthur's round table were Blacks.
    • There was an African, Gormund who ruled Ireland at the time of the Anglo-Saxons.
    • The first King to unite Norway was Black. He was known as Halfdan the Black.
    http://i.imgur.com/uSkUyji.jpg

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
    Veganism is nothing more than a mainstream fad. Everyone from the hipsters in the city to Hollywood weirdos are doing it (mainstream thinkers) now.

Indeed. Veganism and being attracted to overweight women is just trendy leftism.
    The Future was better before

Last Online
    Today @ 12:34

Although this looks like an insider thread, I couldn't resist posting here. I found the OP very interesting. Veganism certainly has recorded benefits, both to the human body and to the environment. Meat production is one of the biggest causes of greenhouse emission.

On the other hand, veganism remains quite expensive. It is not an inclusive lifestyle. We have grown so accustomed to dairy and meat consumption that quitting cold turkey is not just bad for the health, but also bad financially. The vegan foods one has to buy to keep up protein intake are expensive.

Also, I do think most fruits can be eaten without cooking, some vegetables, too. Cooking is mainly essential for meat products.

I am not vegan, not even vegetarian, but I am looking to cut down meat consumption. I have reduced my meat intake to once per week. I used to eat meat almost everyday until a couple of months ago.

Veganism certainly has its benefits; but it is expensive. I am against the cruel treatment of animals in slaughterhouses, but we consume life nonetheless. Fruits, veggies, and greens are living things, IMO. I think we should also consider ethical insect farming and consumption as an alternative to meat consumption.

Last Online
    2018-12-15 @ 13:30
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Religion
    Christian
    Suebi Kingdom Viking Norway Denmark Netherlands United States

She looks like a cancer patient.

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Dude, lol...

Torre Washington, vegan bodybuilder:

Patrick Baboumian, vegan strong man (also one of the strongest in the world):

Anorexia is completely mainstream among women anyway, and I'm pretty sure you can find plenty of anorectic women who eat meat and dairy.

The real problem with n00b parents who recently converted to veganism and decided to feed their newborn babies, a vegan diet, is that they're totally clueless on nutrition. Combine that with a mainstream belief that discourages vitamin pills, and you have a case of B12 and D3 deficiency for the infants. Doesn't mean that veganism is inferior (quite the opposite), and most vegan milks are fortified with B12 and D2 anyway, if you happen to be psychologically allergic to supplements. Besides, no animal based diet can compete with 1,000 micrograms of methylcobalamin and 50,000 IUs of plant based D3, which is what I take

Veganism is nothing more than a mainstream fad.
    It's the other way around: meat and dairy are for mainstream thinkers, and veganism is for people who think outside the box, and veganism is the future because we have no choice

Everyone from the hipsters in the city to Hollywood weirdos are doing it (mainstream thinkers) now.
    No, I coined the term mainstream thinkers, and so it's up to me to define it: mainstream thinkers are pro-inferiority, and meat and dairy are inferior in every way. Besides, meat, dairy and eggs are still totally mainstream (vegans are like, 5% at most of the population; lacto-ovo vegetarians don't really count, since they only exclude meat).

What does that have to do with veganism though? You do understand that one can eat a calorie surplus on a vegan diet, right? And as far as the micronutrients are concerned, vegan foods are more nutrient dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Indeed. Veganism and being attracted to overweight women is just trendy leftism.
    I doubt she's vegan, but I'd bang her any day of the week over a skinny anorectic 45 kg girl. Most straight, heterosexual men would. Only faggots are into anorectic women who look like 12 year old boys. Anorexia is for the crypto-pedophiles. Anorexia is basically legal pedophilia.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2018-12-08 at 00:39.

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast