User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Ethnic composition of Latin American countries109 days old

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:38

Quote Originally Posted by Persian_Otomi View Post
    Based on my observations traveling to these locations, this is based on phenotypes alone and not genotypes.

Habana, Cuba

White: 30%
    Mix race: 40%
    Black: 30%

Dominican Republic

White: 4%
    Mix Race: 66%
    Black: 30%

Brazil

White: 30%
    Mix race: 55%
    Black: 15%
    That is why I am talking about when you said that Brazil was more about 60% Euro than 70% Euro that I'm disagree. Brazil is more European than many people think and it could be straight on 70% Euro really. For example, you put Brazil as more European than Havana, Cuba (there is no mistake here Mixed people are pred European 100% of time and "Black" people are frequently pred. African) and in all test done in Cuba, Havana, Cuba is between 67%-72% European just slight less European than the whole Island, that is why the Dominicans members here are talking about 35% European-looking (or 37%) Cubans in the Island and not 30%.

The most complete test done in Cuba (with more than 100 AIM) put La Habana as 70% Euro, 25% African and 5% Amerindian. Cuba as 72%.

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetic...l.pgen.1004488

But I still would not claim that the number of blacks in Brazil and Cuba is that percentage especially if you compare it with Dominican Republic (many Dominicans users here are talking about 25% Pred. SSA Dominicans which really match with your estimatives), but Brazil doesn't have 15% of Pred. SSA people, imo it is about 5% (7% at max of max) they overly represented in Brazilian media because most of them lives in most important cities or they play the most important sport, but in the rest of the country they really the minority, 15% if you including people with 30-49,9% SSA and I agree. Again, outside of Southeast Brazil and Bahia, Pred. African people are really the minority and only in Salvador region they could be as high as in Dominican Republic.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-11-18 @ 00:56
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    HV3b
    Race
    Biracial
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Phenotype
    Robust Iranid
    Religion
    Zoroastrianism
    United States Mexico Islamic Republic of Iran

Quote Originally Posted by Montanini View Post

That is why I am talking about when you said that Brazil was more about 60% Euro than 70% Euro that I'm disagree. Brazil is more European than many people think and it could be straight on 70% Euro really. For example, you put Brazil as more European than Havana, Cuba (there is no mistake here Mixed people are pred European 100% of time and "Black" people are frequently pred. African) and in all test done in Cuba, Havana, Cuba is between 67%-72% European just slight less European than the whole Island, that is why the Dominicans members here are talking about 35% European-looking (or 37%) Cubans in the Island and not 30%.

The most complete test done in Cuba (with more than 100 AIM) put La Habana as 70% Euro, 25% African and 5% Amerindian. Cuba as 72%.

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetic...l.pgen.1004488

But I still would not claim that the number of blacks in Brazil and Cuba is that percentage especially if you compare it with Dominican Republic (many Dominicans users here are talking about 25% Pred. SSA Dominicans which really match with your estimatives), but Brazil doesn't have 15% of Pred. SSA people, imo it is about 5% (7% at max of max) they overly represented in Brazilian media because most of them lives in most important cities or they play the most important sport, but in the rest of the country they really the minority, 15% if you including people with 30-49,9% SSA and I agree. Again, outside of Southeast Brazil and Bahia, Pred. African people are really the minority and only in Salvador region they could be as high as in Dominican Republic.
    My numbers are based on phenotype and traveling. When I traveled to Brazil during the world cup, to me pred ssa seemed common but not too common but not rare either. Maybe you consider pred ssa to look different but I soley base it off of what I consider pred ssa. I am also good at classifying people. I do have to say I didnt travel all over Brazil especially not Bahia but neither the most euro regions. I guess my estimations for Brazil are limited for now until I can travel the country a bit more.

For me pred ssa dominicans are 30%, they are more common than quadroons, but just as common as tercerones, mulattos are the majority. Pred ssa for me is someone who is 60% ssa and more.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Persian_Otomi For This Useful Post:

Hispaniola (2017-09-04)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7