User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 101

Thread: The "alt-left", Antifa etc. //mod766 days old

  1. #11
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-09-18 @ 12:41
    Join Date
    2011-03-05
    Posts
    6,795
    Location
    Everywhere
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b2a
    mtDNA
    L3e1e
    Metaethnos
    Nuevo Mundo
    Ethnicity
    Isleño D Puertorican
    Politics
    Liberal central left
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Puerto Rico Spain United States Outlying Islands Amazigh Palestine Hispanidad

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ageladakos View Post


    Would you put a bullet to every communist too?



    But ... Omfg, the 'Nazis' are so dangerous for mankind!!!
    If it comes to it, yes. So? False equivalencies and impertinent interventions are not of intellectually honest people, apologist.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbbrainer For This Useful Post:

    DragonRouge (2017-08-17), Power77 (2017-08-17)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Location
    ForumBiodiversity.com
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #12
    Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Most Hated Member DragonRouge's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-02-08
    Posts
    8,193
    Location
    K’jipuktuk
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbbrainer View Post
    If it comes to it, yes. So? False equivalencies and impertinent interventions are not of intellectually honest people, apologist.
    Yes. The far-right pretty much whined themselves into thr mainstream by coming up with false equivalences. Hopefully after all this bullshit, that era is over. Here in Canada, the far-right media outlet (who the majority of viewers are not even from here, they're in Europe, some Swedish members here are big fans) pretty much imploded overnight because of Charlottesville... It's glorious.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

    dbbrainer (2017-08-17), Power77 (2017-08-17), upyours (2017-08-18)

  6. #13
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-09-18 @ 12:41
    Join Date
    2011-03-05
    Posts
    6,795
    Location
    Everywhere
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b2a
    mtDNA
    L3e1e
    Metaethnos
    Nuevo Mundo
    Ethnicity
    Isleño D Puertorican
    Politics
    Liberal central left
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Puerto Rico Spain United States Outlying Islands Amazigh Palestine Hispanidad

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ageladakos View Post
    What a load or rubbish...
    Greece is an ethnic state, is homogenous and without minorities, there is no "nazi danger" or "ethnic cleansing" or any of the bullshit you wrote about... Yet, somehow we do have 'antifa' ...
    Who pays for their posters everywhere, events, trips to 'protest' and all that shit???

    All these pseudo-ideological groups, just like the NGOs are nothing but tools for the system.
    Are we talking about Greece here? The answer is no. There is no need to further address anything else. Oh and you might be an ethnic state, but what does that matter when it has been looted by your political class, preyed by vultures in Germany and your people on your knees? I hope you are capable on limiting your interventions to the matters which are relevant on my intervention, which had to do with Donald Trump and the american context. Don't involve me in matters like Greece, which appeals very little to me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    Yes. The far-right pretty much whined themselves into thr mainstream by coming up with false equivalences. Hopefully after all this bullshit, that era is over. Here in Canada, the far-right media outlet (who the majority of viewers are not even from here, they're in Europe, some Swedish members here are big fans) pretty much imploded overnight because of Charlottesville... It's glorious.
    Experts on lies, falsities and vulgar insults. That is what angry people do. They are not capable of a decent debate in which the principles of honesty are upheld.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I am glad they are coming out and attempting to be an establishment, only to loose their jobs and cry in videos at the possibility of arrest.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbbrainer For This Useful Post:

    DragonRouge (2017-08-17), Power77 (2017-08-17)

  8. #14
    Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Most Hated Member DragonRouge's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-02-08
    Posts
    8,193
    Location
    K’jipuktuk
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbbrainer View Post
    Are we talking about Greece here? The answer is no. There is no need to further address anything else. Oh and you might be an ethnic state, but what does that matter when it has been looted by your political class, preyed by vultures in Germany and your people on your knees? I hope you are capable on limiting your interventions to the matters which are relevant on my intervention, which had to do with Donald Trump and the american context. Don't involve me in matters like Greece, which appeals very little to me.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Experts on lies, falsities and vulgar insults. That is what angry people do. They are not capable of a decent debate in which the principles of honesty are upheld.
    Well, up here, people are starting to argue not to no-platform them, but have them on, then the absurdity of their "arguments" would be easily torn apart for all to see, instead of it just festering on thr Internet.

    Either way, both far right and far left people you cannot debate with anyway, they just yell talking points over you. That's how they roll. And they try to get you mad to the point you're not thinking straight so you cannot logically respond.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

    dbbrainer (2017-08-17), Power77 (2017-08-17), Sun Shield Pakal (2017-08-17)

  10. #15
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-09-18 @ 12:41
    Join Date
    2011-03-05
    Posts
    6,795
    Location
    Everywhere
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b2a
    mtDNA
    L3e1e
    Metaethnos
    Nuevo Mundo
    Ethnicity
    Isleño D Puertorican
    Politics
    Liberal central left
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Puerto Rico Spain United States Outlying Islands Amazigh Palestine Hispanidad

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    Well, up here, people are starting to argue not to no-platform them, but have them on, then the absurdity of their "arguments" would be easily torn apart for all to see, instead of it just festering on thr Internet.

    Either way, both far right and far left people you cannot debate with anyway, they just yell talking points over you. That's how they roll. And they try to get you mad to the point you're not thinking straight so you cannot logically respond.
    I completely agree. I am a suspect within left wing circles because I call them out all the time on their absolutists notions as well, specially socialists on the matter of taxation and they just go nuts and do not consider the chance of a decent debate. Most people are idiots with a license to talk, both far right and far left wing.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dbbrainer For This Useful Post:

    DragonRouge (2017-08-17), Power77 (2017-08-17), Sun Shield Pakal (2017-08-17), The Apple (2017-08-18), thetick (2017-08-23)

  12. #16
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-12-20
    Posts
    4,540
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbbrainer View Post
    If it comes to it, yes. So? False equivalencies and impertinent interventions are not of intellectually honest people, apologist.
    What false equivalences? Communism is worst than Fascism.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ageladakos For This Useful Post:

    Silk (2017-08-18), The Apple (2017-08-18)

  14. #17
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-12-20
    Posts
    4,540
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbbrainer View Post
    Are we talking about Greece here? The answer is no. There is no need to further address anything else. Oh and you might be an ethnic state, but what does that matter when it has been looted by your political class, preyed by vultures in Germany and your people on your knees? I hope you are capable on limiting your interventions to the matters which are relevant on my intervention, which had to do with Donald Trump and the american context. Don't involve me in matters like Greece, which appeals very little to me
    If you don't want me to invalidate your stupid generalisations then don't make them.
    'antifa and others are united against ethnic cleansing'... You deserve a cookie.

    As for Greece, even with 'Germany' we still have a better wealth distribution than the US.

    Suck this





    But I guess having a middle class is something too European for you to understand.
    Last edited by ageladakos; 2017-08-17 at 18:34.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to ageladakos For This Useful Post:

    Silk (2017-08-18)

  16. #18
    Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Most Hated Member DragonRouge's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-02-08
    Posts
    8,193
    Location
    K’jipuktuk
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbbrainer View Post
    I completely agree. I am a suspect within left wing circles because I call them out all the time on their absolutists notions as well, specially socialists on the matter of taxation and they just go nuts and do not consider the chance of a decent debate. Most people are idiots with a license to talk, both far right and far left wing.
    Some lefties in my city are nuts. There are two things that really grind my gears it's the ones who call anybody who remotely disagrees with them racist, or the types who think we should just shut off fossil fuels right away (this is unrealistic... and don't get me wrong, I am for renewable energy and all that and think we should phase them out, but that is a few years in the future). Then there are people on some conspiracy theories, just like the right... I usually just roll my eyes and walk away lol

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

    dbbrainer (2017-08-17), thetick (2017-08-23)

  18. #19
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,715
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    There isn't even such thing as the "alt-left". People are just trying to create a false equivalence.
    There really isn't such a thing as the "alt right" either; it's just a newly coined, more hipp term, for the white American right-wing (or white nationalists, whatever you want to call them, although technically it can be discussed how right-wing they are, since a lot of them are positive to socialism), because the Republicans and other mainstream right-wing have been cuckish for years (basically castrated by the left). The so called alt right are what mainstream conservatives and Republicans actually think, and whose views they agree with, but can't say so publicly for careerist reasons. Hence the term, "alternative right"; by that term, they're trying to market themselves as an alternative movement, to mainstream conservatives and Republicans, who sort of have a monopoly on "right-wing" views right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itoli View Post
    And the only reason they would be trying to create such desperate false equivalencies is because they KNOW their positions are indefensible without the bending and contortion of truth.
    No, it's not a matter of false equivalencies. The violent left (Antifa etc.) are the real left. This is what real leftism is: violence against dissenters, destruction of private property and old property (especially property that doesn't conform to the culturally sterile Soviet architecture they want). You know, just like in any historical and extant communist state.

    Trump was technically right in calling them alt left though, because that's what they are: not the mainstream left, but the real left, just as the alt right are a more hardcore or hardline version of what the Republicans stand for, or are supposed to stand for anyway. What Trump was implying, is that just as the alt right are not the mainstream conservatives/Republicans, Antifa are not your average Democrat, but represent the counterpart or equivalent to violent Hollywood Nazis. It's not a false equivalence; it's accurate, because this is what the ideological street people do: clash like iDiots over stupid shit, as opposed to more mainstream ideological parties, who debate like morons in congress over taxes and abortion, and get nothing done.

    Thread title fix:

    Antifa [split] //mod ---> The "alt-left", Antifa etc. //mod

    //mod
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

    Pendragon1 (2017-09-04), Power77 (2017-08-17), The Apple (2017-08-18)

  20. #20
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Itoli's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2017-04-16
    Posts
    1,026
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post

    No, it's not a matter of false equivalencies. The violent left (Antifa etc.) are the real left. This is what real leftism is: violence against dissenters, destruction of private property and old property (especially property that doesn't conform to the culturally sterile Soviet architecture they want). You know, just like in any historical and extant communist state.

    Trump was technically right in calling them alt left though, because that's what they are: not the mainstream left, but the real left, just as the alt right are a more hardcore or hardline version of what the Republicans stand for, or are supposed to stand for anyway. What Trump was implying, is that just as the alt right are not the mainstream conservatives/Republicans, Antifa are not your average Democrat, but represent the counterpart or equivalent to violent Hollywood Nazis. It's not a false equivalence; it's accurate, because this is what the ideological street people do: clash like iDiots over stupid shit, as opposed to more mainstream ideological parties, who debate like morons in congress over taxes and abortion, and get nothing done.

    Thread title fix:

    Antifa [split] //mod ---> The "alt-left", Antifa etc. //mod

    //mod
    It's absolutely a matter of false equivalence. The most blatant false equivalency here is the use of violence. White supremacist have carried out multiple killings and terrorist attacks in the past several years but how many are Antifa responsible for? Zero. One group has literally performed multiple acts of lethal terrorism while the most you have on the other group is intimidation, disruption and destruction of public property(all of which the former group also partakes in). Yet, you think these two groups are "equal". What type of cheap drugs are you on, sir?
    Last edited by Itoli; 2017-08-17 at 19:57.

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Itoli For This Useful Post:

    Camilo (2017-08-18), dbbrainer (2017-08-17), DragonRouge (2017-08-17), Sun Shield Pakal (2017-08-17)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New UK government the most left-wing since WW2
    By DogHouse in forum Current Affairs & Politics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2017-08-28, 02:36
  2. German left discovers genetics
    By Skomand in forum Deutsches Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2017-06-05, 19:59
  3. Are you left or right handed?
    By amenoameno in forum Behavioural Neuroscience
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 2017-03-19, 02:18
  4. Right vs Left personality differences
    By DragonRouge in forum Politics & Law
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2016-01-20, 19:50
  5. how many anglo-american people are left in NYC?
    By fulvioterzapi in forum Race & Ethnicity in Society
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 2013-12-03, 01:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<