User Tag List

Thread: Amerindians cannot be Mongoloid; they and Australoids are equidistant genetically to East Asians781 days old

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-04-30 @ 19:05
    Default Amerindians cannot be Mongoloid; they and Australoids are equidistant genetically to East Asians

Just another thread based on the previous one: http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sho...356&highlight=

From my observation of this PCA, Amerindians and Australoids/Sahulians are similar in their genetic distance to East Asians. So I wonder why Amerindians are considered by many as part of "Mongoloid" race when they and Australoids are equally distant to East Asian aka Mongoloids.

I got the PCA from this DNA paper: http://ir.soken.ac.jp/?action=reposi...d=19&file_no=2

Just saying....

- - - Updated - - -

Also this FST data show Amerindians being very distant from Eastern Asians populations with the latter being located between Amerindians and Australoids.

The interesting observation is that Mongoloid pops are here closer in FST distance to South Asian and West Eurasian populations than with Amerindians.

P.S. I don't know what DNA paper the FST data came from but I got it from this thread,

Last edited by Khashoor; 2017-08-29 at 09:02.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khashoor For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2017-09-07), Sun Shield Pakal (2017-09-07)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-04-30 @ 19:05

Yep, that's it.

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2019-09-26 @ 04:11
    E-P252
    mtDNA
    B4a1a1
    Race
    Biracial
    Ethnicity
    African-American
    Politics
    Center
    United States European Union African Union(OAS) United Nations

Since nobody else will answer, I will. They are part of the mongoloid race because they are descended from Asiatic people. I don't think just because they have the same genetic distance from the Asians as Australoid's do that they have to be apart of the same racial group. There are some articles on the topic that scientist have discovered Australoid DNA in Native Americans.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-07-31 @ 21:46
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    New Worlder
    Ethnicity
    Messican/PR/USA
    Phenotype
    Amerind+White/Euro
    Politics
    Amerindian Nationalism
    Religion
    Spiritualism
    Mexico Mexico Mexico Puerto Rico Italy SPQR Italy Rome

Quote Originally Posted by JustinNazir View Post
    Since nobody else will answer, I will. They are part of the mongoloid race because they are descended from Asiatic people. I don't think just because they have the same genetic distance from the Asians as Australoid's do that they have to be apart of the same racial group. There are some articles on the topic that scientist have discovered Australoid DNA in Native Americans.
    If you're one of those folks who believe that all races descended from Black folks according to the out of Africa theory, then by that logic, everyone's Black.

Personally, I definitely believe there's more than enough distinctions among indigenous Americans to consider themselves a separate race from Oriental folks. Not only is there evidence such as the one above indicating vast genetic distance from Orientals, but there's the vast cultural and geographic difference that is undeniable as far as I'm concern. Of course, there's the phenotype argument where I believe indigenous Americans share some resemblance to Orientals, especially the Inuit. However, I can definitely notice differences in phenotype and when you take the other distinctions in consideration, I don't find it unreasonable at all to consider them a separate race. After all, it is the norm for scholars of anthropology, history, genetics, and anything else involving racial identity to treat indigenous Americans as their own race from what I can tell.

See now, this is a perfect example of how debatable race is; there's no absolute, objective standard that define where racial boundaries lie as far as I'm concerned. I mean, there's even discussion on whether or not race exists.
    US govt official: “You have observed the white man for 90 years. You’ve seen his wars and his technological advances. You’ve seen his progess, and the damage he’s done.”

Two Eagles: “When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women do all the work, medicine man free, Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing, all night having sex.... Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.”

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun Shield Pakal For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2017-09-07), upyours (2018-07-18)