User Tag List

Thread: L1b1a673 days old

Last Online
    2017-09-14 @ 08:06

Default L1b1a

Hello,
    I am dutch with dutch ancestors several generatiins back, and have blond hair and green/blue eyes. My testresults are 64% scandinavian, 2% finnish and 34% southern europe. I was very surprised to see mtDNA as L1b1a, can this be correct? What does this mean? Are there other seemingly very northern european people with this mtDNA on this forum?
    Kind regards,
    Saskia

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saskia For This Useful Post:

Kriptc06 (2017-09-12), Power77 (2017-09-13)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:08
    E1b1a8*
    mtDNA
    L0a1a2
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    Politics
    Praise the Sun
    Religion
    Sun Worship
    African Union(OAS) United States

Quote Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
    Hello,
    I am dutch with dutch ancestors several generatiins back, and have blond hair and green/blue eyes. My testresults are 64% scandinavian, 2% finnish and 34% southern europe. I was very surprised to see mtDNA as L1b1a, can this be correct? What does this mean? Are there other seemingly very northern european people with this mtDNA on this forum?
    Kind regards,
    Saskia
    Do you know your resolved subclade of L1b1a? I would suggest using that tool in the other thread you posted in and well as reading the Articles HERE and HERE. They are a few released in the last years that go into the ancient presence of L1b1a in Europe.
    Last edited by beyoku; 2017-09-12 at 16:25.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beyoku For This Useful Post:

El-Maestro (2017-09-13), Kriptc06 (2017-09-12), pgbk87 (2017-09-12), Power77 (2017-09-13), Saskia (2017-09-14), Targum (2017-09-12)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    E1b1a7a
    mtDNA
    L4b2
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Sudanid
    Metaethnos
    American
    Ethnicity
    Afro-American
    Phenotype
    New World Black
    Politics
    Center-right
    Religion
    Church of Christ
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by beyoku View Post
    Do you know your resolved subclade of L1b1a? I would suggest using that tool in the other thread you posted in and well as reading the Articles HERE and HERE. They are a few released in the last years that go into the ancient presence of L1b1a in Europe.
    Its quite old in Europe and isn't indicative of recent African ancestry thus her autosomal ancestry show no African influence.
    We Wuz Kerma Kangz delusion..........

Quote Originally Posted by Meygaag View Post
    You @beyoku @HabariTess @Roseai are the ones claiming people that have nothing to do with them.I'm a Cushitic descendant of the Sudan and an heir to all it's civilizations while you descend from Ebola stricken negroes from the Congo forest that eat albinos in order to gain superpowers lmao

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Game Theory For This Useful Post:

Kriptc06 (2017-09-12), Saskia (2017-09-14)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Haplogroup L can be found in europe at low frequencies from ancient times.

The correlation between mtDNA L and Y-DNA E1b1b (the main African paternal lineage) is striking, although expected.[...] While the distribution of Franco-Iberian E-M81 and the Near Eastern E-M123 match fairly well that of mtDNA L, one could wonder why the southern Balkans, where E-V13 makes up between 10 and 50% of the paternal lineages, have only 0.4% of mtDNA L. Haplogroup L is actually present at trace frequency (0.2 to 0.5%) in most of Eastern and Central Europe, and is only totally absent in Finland, Baltic countries, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, and North-East Italy, and the Caucasus (except among the Ossetians and Nogays). This actually correlates well with the distribution of E-V13, which means that when the E-V13 population reached Europe, only about 1% of the women who accompanied them belonged to mtDNA L. In contrast, in Iberia and France, the percentage of mtDNA L women accompanying E-M81 men would have been between 20 and 40% (U6 would have been another major lineage).
    [...]
    In Western Europe, E-M81 and mtDNA L were almost certainly in Europe before the Neolithic. They were one of the many groups of hunter-gatherers roaming across Europe, alongside Y-DNA I and R1a and mtDNA H1, H3, U2, U4, U5, U6, V and W. Considering that H1, U5, U6 and V are all present among the Berbers of Northwest Africa, it is likely that E-M81 men belonged to these lineages as well. It is interesting how Cantabria and Auvergne both have unusually elevated percentages of both E-M81 and R1a-SRY1532 (the Mesolithic variant) and both have a higher percentage of mtDNA L, U4, U5 and V than their neighbours.

The L lineages in Central Italy were surely brought by the Etruscans from Anatolia. Additional lineages may have come to Rome during the imperial period.

The slightly higher percentage (0.5%) of L in Serbia and Bosnia corresponds to a known hotspot of Y-haplogroup T (a lineage closely linked to E1b1b).
    http://www.eupedia.com/europe/maps_m...groups.shtml#L
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...A-haplogroup-L
    Last edited by Kriptc06; 2017-09-12 at 22:42.
    Adieu

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriptc06 For This Useful Post:

Saskia (2017-09-14), Targum (2017-09-13)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-03-03 @ 05:45
    E-M44
    mtDNA
    H1
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Phenotype
    Armenid
    Metaethnos
    Israelite
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Politics
    Mind your own businnes
    Religion
    Bless the Juice!
    GEDmatch
    None
    Israel Israel Star of David NATO Canada Lithuania Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptc06 View Post
    Haplogroup L can be found in europe at low frequencies from ancient times.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/maps_m...groups.shtml#L
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...A-haplogroup-L
    Eupedia is full of outdated assumptions (most of whom predate most current aDNA results). There is absolutely no way that E-M81 could be Neolithic anywhere in Europe.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Power77 For This Useful Post:

Saskia (2017-09-14)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Power77 View Post
    Eupedia is full of outdated assumptions (most of whom predate most current aDNA results). There is absolutely no way that E-M81 could be Neolithic anywhere in Europe.
    okay , but the premise I believe is correct. L in europe being from ancient times, as it can be found at low frequencies in europe.
    Adieu

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriptc06 For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2017-09-13), Saskia (2017-09-14)