Europid
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Obsolete terminology
    GEDmatch
    A703943
    United States

You want to be a true nerd ? Then you exercise for your brain/intelligence primarily and you read more math books and get down with mathematics !

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:59
    Baltic/German

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon1 View Post
    I disagree : humans are made for long distance running and also injury is something that is easily

You can get in pretty good shape with just a running motion, pushing motion and pulling motion :

1.) Jogging

2.) pull ups

3.) pushups
    4. walking/climbing/running up stairs
    I do it in my house, half an hour each day, while I'm doing this I memorize a Spanish course that I get from a loudspeaker.

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Whatever, Nukka G, according to books on neuroscience (neuroscience is now in a golden age) your VO2 max or cardiopulmonary fitness level does more for your BDNF neurogenesis than how much weight you can lift.
    I don't doubt that's the case, but I do more than lift. I walk a lot (I have no car or other vehicles, so my main way of transportation is walking). Also, I actually do cardio; not as much as I should, but my exercise schedule is supposed to include cardio at least once a week. It's just that I don't feel motivated to get my ass to the gym for some cardio. But I actually do cardio from time to time.

In any case, I do cross trainer and jump rope for like an hour, when I do cardio. Starting from next year, if everything goes according to schedule, I'll be doing cardio 1-2 times a week.

According to various studies and the book Boost Your Brain : The New Art and Science Behind Enhanced Brain Performance by Majid Fotuhi , M.D., PHd the best methods are diet, exercise, getting enough sleep, and meditation. You almost have it down except walking does not raise your V02 max to athletic levels. Therefore, pick one : rowing, biking, jogging or swimming for at least 45 minutes 5 days a week.
    I'll pick cardio and jump rope.

By the way, walking does wonders for the brain:

^^ This explains a lot. I get very creative when I'm out walking, I get a lot of good ideas, one-liners and creativity in general, when walking. But of course, that also happens when I'm high on some great weed Marijuana sure must increase the blood flow to the brain.

Also, I'm not joking when I say my diet is superior to yours. I eat hemp, which is rich in omega-3 ALA and SDA, as well as omega-6 LA and GLA. These fatty acids are awesome for your brain. Also very important, I really eat my vitamins, and I'm pretty sure you don't come anywhere close to me on nutrition. Think nutrition is irrelevant for brainpower? Think again

Also, I don't think you meditate.
    Of course not. That's just a waste of time.

Unfortunately, for you, it does not include smoking pot. I think the book is against doing all mood altering drugs even smoking cigarettes etc..
    Sounds like a pseudo-scientific book. Marijuana is great for stimulating the mind, and then there's also nootropics.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2017-11-11)

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Durcherrs's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:12
    R1b1b2a
    Race
    Europid
    Religion
    Deist
    Sweden France Germany Austria Habsburg Russia Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Not really. You can't collapse from smoking weed. 5 g per day is a lot, I agree, but we smoked 5 g per day and at once, split on 3-4 people,
    Of course you can. Many people faint, vomit or get massive headaches due to consuming/inhaling too much pot. If 3-4 newbies can smoke 5 g's in one day, then that must some very weak hashish. If it's good hash you don't even need more than 1,5-2 g's split on 3-4 people to "collapse". Otherwise the hash is usually tainted or mixed with something (or was maybe made from very weak plants).

Look, the only reason people smoke cannabis like 0.5 g per day, is because of the price. They're being economical about it, that's all.
    Ony hardcore smokers smoke 0,5 g a day. But sure, the price has a lot to do with it as well.
    Throw The Jew Down The Well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3IMTJjzfo

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

@Pendragon1 :

Alright nigga, I'm on your cardio challenge now: my gym has expanded its locations, and they just opened up another gym like 1 kilometer from my apartment (previously I had to walk 30-40 minutes, around 3 km, to the gym downtown). This means it's like 10-15 minutes walk to the nearest gym, which in turn means there'll be no excuses from now on, to avoid getting my ass to the gym.

I pumped my biceps two days ago at the new gym; equipment is decent, not quite as good as the gym downtown, but it gets the job done, and they're bringing more equipment soon. Yesterday, I did 60 minutes cardio (with no pause) on the elliptical machine (and burned 635 kcal):

^^ Great stuff. After the cardio workout, I ate 88 g shelled hemp seeds, 30 g chia seeds and 1 liter organic, unsweetened soy milk, providing a total of 72.1 grams of vegan protein with a PDCAAS ranking of 1.0 (complete protein):

^^ Top that, if you can

Also, the pills are omega-3 fish oil (I'm going to quit taking these once this batch runs out, because it's redundant with fish oil when you have the superiority of hemp/chia seeds) and various multivitamins and probiotics. I won't go into the micronutrient details here, but suffice it to say, that it's very unlikely your diet comes anywhere near mine, and your training is also not on a par with mine, especially from now on, when I'll be strength training 4 times per week and cardio at least twice per week (the goal is cardio 6 times per week and strength training 5 times per week).

Vegan bodybuilding ftw!

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

dbbrainer (2017-11-10), Power77 (2017-11-11)

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Also, walking is underrated:

And the elliptical machine kicks ass:

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2017-11-11)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-11-13 @ 17:34
    Y-DNA
    R1b-A228
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Race
    Europid
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Obsolete terminology
    GEDmatch
    A703943
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    I don't doubt that's the case, but I do more than lift. I walk a lot (I have no car or other vehicles, so my main way of transportation is walking). Also, I actually do cardio; not as much as I should, but my exercise schedule is supposed to include cardio at least once a week. It's just that I don't feel motivated to get my ass to the gym for some cardio. But I actually do cardio from time to time.
    You lack motivation probably because marijuana zaps it away from you

In any case, I do cross trainer and jump rope for like an hour, when I do cardio. Starting from next year, if everything goes according to schedule, I'll be doing cardio 1-2 times a week.

I'll pick cardio and jump rope.
    Ok, but jogging is the king of cardiovascular and close behind jogging are rowing, biking and swimming etc.... not so much jump roping.

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard
    By the way, walking does wonders for the brain:

^^ This explains a lot. I get very creative when I'm out walking, I get a lot of good ideas, one-liners and creativity in general, when walking. But of course, that also happens when I'm high on some great weed Marijuana sure must increase the blood flow to the brain.
    Ok, well if walking does wonders for the brain then jogging is walking on steroids.

Also, I'm not joking when I say my diet is superior to yours. I eat hemp, which is rich in omega-3 ALA and SDA, as well as omega-6 LA and GLA. These fatty acids are awesome for your brain. Also very important, I really eat my vitamins, and I'm pretty sure you don't come anywhere close to me on nutrition. Think nutrition is irrelevant for brainpower? Think again
    Nutrition isn't irrelevant it is vital to the brain as the book I mentioned says as much and that you did not at least skim the book real quick and read the table of contents on , say, google books , online, is anti-intellectual as it would only take like 10-15 minutes.

Of course not. That's just a waste of time.
    Sara Lazar, a neuroscientist at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, was one of the first scientists to take the anecdotal claims about the benefits of meditation and mindfulness and test them in brain scans. What she found surprised her — that meditating can literally change your brain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1db65b4b52b1

Sounds like a pseudo-scientific book. Marijuana is great for stimulating the mind, and then there's also nootropics.
    The book is not about simulating your mind temporarily e.g. smoking pot it is about long term effects on how to grow your brain larger and make it sharper and whatnot. The long term affects of THC act like the opposite of omega 3's in that they gunk up the connections between the neurotransmitters like tar or something. Nootropics are overhyped and expensive and they are also not long term unless you can afford to take them everyday.
    Last edited by Pendragon1; 2017-11-10 at 21:27.

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

You lack motivation probably because marijuana zaps it away from you
    Perhaps you missed my last post, but I'm really doing cardio now, and a lot too. I just came home from a 1 hour cardio workout, and earlier today, in the morning, I did 1 hour lifting weights (tits and triceps). That's two workouts in one day, and that's how it's going to be from now on, now that I have a high class gym this close to my apartment. You just wait until January; you're going to see some serious shit

Motherfucker, it's on now, you besta aks somebody dawg, you besta not be fucking with me aiiiiight!

Also it's not that I lack motivation; the previous gym is like 3 kilometers away, and since I don't have a car, I walk to the gym back and forth. This means, at least 6 kilometers walking per day, in shitty weather (constant rain in Sweden, and this time a year, it's cold too, not that I freeze, but it's more comfortable not spending most of your day walking outside in shitty and cold weather).

So this new gym is like 1 km from my apartment, which means, in total, 20-30 minutes walking back and forth (as opposed to 60-80 minutes). This translates to lots of time spent in the new gym.

You're prejudiced against cannabis; it doesn't make people unmotivated to exercise.

Ok, but jogging is the king of cardiovascular and close behind jogging are rowing, biking and swimming etc.... not so much jump roping.
    I beg to differ. Jumping ropes is absolutely awesome cardio. Not only does jump roping give you a solid cardio workout, but it's also great for your motor skills, coordination and so on. There's a reason Mike Tyson used to jump ropes as much as he did.

Ok, well if walking does wonders for the brain then jogging is walking on steroids.
    I agree. I feel like 10 years younger already, after these cardio workouts.

Nutrition isn't irrelevant it is vital to the brain as the book I mentioned says as much and that you did not at least skim the book real quick and read the table of contents on , say, google books , online, is anti-intellectual as it would only take like 10-15 minutes.
    I don't think you understand: I'm a hardcore dietist. Not only is my diet/nutrition far superior to yours, my expertise on nutrition is also light years ahead of yours.

And yes, nutrition is actually more important than cardio, for the brain/cognition. Get a load of this:

Power Foods for the Brain | Neal Barnard | TEDxBismarck:

^^ That's some real talk right there man. I'll be loading up on blueberries soon. But it's not just blueberries; far more important nutrition for the brain, are hemp seeds.

Sara Lazar, a neuroscientist at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, was one of the first scientists to take the anecdotal claims about the benefits of meditation and mindfulness and test them in brain scans. What she found surprised her — that meditating can literally change your brain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1db65b4b52b1
    Sounds great. I have a Swedish friend who's all into yoga and meditation, he'll be teaching me that stuff soon. Either way I'm not sure I have time for it.

The book is not about simulating your mind temporarily e.g. smoking pot it is about long term effects on how to grow your brain larger and make it sharper and whatnot. The long term affects of THC act like the opposite of omega 3's in that they gunk up the connections between the neurotransmitters like tar or something. Nootropics are overhyped and expensive and they are also not long term unless you can afford to take them everyday.
    Sounds like you need to do your homework on nootropics (and by the way, steroids are nootropics too, and I'm not necessarily talking about testosterone here). Also, you're iGnorant about marijuana. Did you know that THC (as in smoking pot) increases the neurosteroid (nootropics by any other name) pregnonolone? That's right: when you fire up some really good sativa, you increase the steroid hormone pregnenolone, which is an awesome steroid hormone for your brain:

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract
    Pregnenolone is considered the inactive precursor of all steroid hormones and its potential functional effects have been largely neglected. The administration of the main active principle of Cannabis sativa (marijuana) Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) substantially increases the synthesis of pregnenolone in the brain via the activation of type-1 cannabinoid (CB1) receptor. Pregnenolone then, acting as a signaling specific inhibitor of the CB1 receptor, reduces several effects of THC. This negative feedback mediated by pregnenolone reveals an unknown paracrine/autocrine loop protecting the brain from CB1 receptor over-activation that could open an unforeseen novel approach for the treatment of cannabis intoxication and addiction.
    Pregnenolone Can Protect the Brain from Cannabis Intoxication:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4057431/

^^ Beats buying over the counter pregnenolone, which can give you some nasty side-effects. And that's all you need to know, to understand that cannabis really is great stuff for the brain.

Anyway, it's not an elliptical machine I'm doing cardio on; apparently, it's an Arc Trainer, and if you check my last post, which included a huge picture of various cardio machines, arc trainers are superior to elliptical machines.

This is an arc trainer (perhaps not the same model at my gym, but it's pretty much the same):

^^ I do 60 minutes at 50% resistance, and I'll be doing that pretty much 5-6 times a week from now on, and on top of that, strength training 3 times a week (I think I'm going to skip leg day, since I'll be doing so much legs with the arc trainer).

Another thing: I actually have a background in Taekwondo! And my gym has a huge punching bag, so I'll be doing some crazy kicks there soon also, which is great for cardio exercise.

Cardio is great exercise for the brain, but the difference between me and you is that I think cannabis is also great stuff for the brain.

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:23
    R1b-SRY 2627 - A7080
    mtDNA
    H5a1f
    Phenotype
    Archaic Nomenclature
    Politics
    Not a Fan
    GEDmatch
    M202348
    United States Germany Poland Poland Volhynia Switzerland Scotland

I'll just offer a simple observation:

Of all the heavy pot smokers from college I'm still in touch with ... none and I mean none of them are successful in a real job. Most are loser contactors hopping from job to unemployment to job with no benefits, little pay and no future. Even one went bankrupt trying to sell legal medical marijuana. Seriously how could one possibly fail at that ?

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by thetick View Post
    I'll just offer a simple observation:

Of all the heavy pot smokers from college I'm still in touch with ... none and I mean none of them are successful in a real job. Most are loser contactors hopping from job to unemployment to job with no benefits, little pay and no future. Even one went bankrupt trying to sell legal medical marijuana. Seriously how could one possibly fail at that ?
    That's just "anecdotal evidence", and it's about as useful as your pseudo-scientific belief that soy causes gynecomastia/manboobs You do understand that there are highly successful people who smoke pot, right? And if Marijuana were as legal as tomatoes, there'd be all sorts of successful pot-heads. I'm sure you can find the same sort of loser contractors who have never smoked pot; doesn't really mean anything. And the fact that the government is fucking pot smokers over, isn't really helping their career paths.

Anyway @Pendragon1 , jumping rope is totally kickass:

6. Jumping Rope (Burns Over 1000 Calories Per Hour)

Although a very high impact activity, jumping rope can provide a great aerobic workout if done correctly. It can also add definition to the calves and shoulders, as it works these muscle groups quite vigorously. Probably one of the harder aerobic methods, correctly jumping rope involves a tremendous amount of skill, strength, focus and patience.

Not commonly used as an aerobic method, jumping rope burns a higher number of calories per hour than rowing (over 1000) and is best used for shorter periods, as it might lead to impact injuries of the lower leg or hip if done continuously for too long.

Once mastered, jumping rope is an effective way to:

* Burn a high number of calories.
    * Help to prevent osteoporosis due to its high impact nature.
    * Improve a wide range of skill components, including explosive strength, stamina and speed (boxer's jump rope as an integral part of their training).

Which Cardio Methods Melt Fat The Fastest?
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...e-fastest.html

^^ Jumping ropes burns the most calories, and is arguably the best cardio exercise ever, given the skills required.

That said, this is my workouts this month; from the 8th of November, I started working out at the new local gym, which is like I said, very close to my apartment, hence the increased frequency in my training schedule. This year, previous to this month, I had not done any cardio, and strength training was like, 1-4 times a week, if that (usually around 1-3 times a week and irregular breaks for like a week or two every now and then, sometimes even taking long breaks from the gym for months, and it's been like this for many years now, but no more!). I do keep a fairly meticulous training diary however, and the first number is total exercises this year, second number is total exercises this month, then date and what kind of muscle/body part and/or cardio, then weight statistics.

55|...|01| 2017-11-06 | Pecs, Triceps, 60 minutes, body weight 105 kg
    56|...|02| 2017-11-08 | Biceps, Stomach, Erector Spinae, 60 minutes
    57|...|03| 2017-11-09 | Cardio (Arc Trainer) 60 minutes, 50% resistance
    58|...|04| 2017-11-10 | Shoulders, Lats, Triceps 60 minutes
    59|...|05| 2017-11-11 | Cardio (Arc Trainer) 55 minutes, 50% resistance
    60|...|06| 2017-11-13 | Pecs, Triceps, 60 minutes
    61|...|07| 2017-11-13 | Cardio (Arc Trainer) 60 minutes, 50% resistance
    62|...|08| 2017-11-14 | Cardio (Arc Trainer) 60 minuter, 55% resistance, body weight 103.3 kg
    63|...|09| 2017-11-15 | Biceps, Stomach, Erector Spinae 60 minutes, body weight 103.9 kg (229 lbs), 44.4% fat percentage, 37.8% total body weight, 20.0% muscle mass, 6.9 kg (15.21 lbs) skeleton

^^ I measured my body stats on my digital weighing scale, which I'm going to do from now on (I've had the device for like, 2 years but didn't bother keeping track of the stats, just the weight; it sends an electric signal through the body that measures cool details; not saying it's as accurate as a caliper for fat percentage, but it gives you a relatively accurate idea of your stats anyhow). I'm 170 cm (5'7") and around 103-102 kg right now, so based on that weight, this means I have 46.13 kilos (94,7988 pounds) of raw fat. I'm going to burn it off to around 10-15 fat percentage, which should be done around late January, early February or so. As you can see on the 13th, I did strength in the morning and cardio later on the evening. I was going to do cardio yesterday also, but I only got 3 hours of sleep, so I felt too fucked up to do cardio. Today, I'll do strength training (shoulders and back) and later on the evening, cardio. I'll also do cardio tomorrow. The general idea is to train every day except Sundays. I'm not sure how long I'm going to do the arc trainer though; I think I'll replace it with jumping ropes eventually, when I'm back at 75 kg (165 lbs).

This is pretty much going to be my exercise routine from now on (strength 3 times a week and cardio 6 times a week), and I'll be needing some serious cannabis to cope with this much exercise, so that I can relax from time to time

By the way lol, last year around this time, I was actually down to 88 kg (194 lbs), but the money I won on Trump made me eat a bit too much Thai buffé and some other junk food, so I put on some weight again But it's not difficult losing weight and building muscles (I have great muscles already anyway). I went from 115 kg to 88 kg in just 3 months, and I can easily do it again. My current target is 75 kg.

As for my diet... I'm out of hemp seeds right now (they're really expensive, why can't they be as cheap as the nutritionally inferior sunflower seeds? ), but my main vegan bodybuilding diet consists of soy flour soup, or roasted soybeans and rolled oat porridge, plus some spices, stevia sweetened ketchup, crushed garlic (allicin is awesome!), phytosterol enriched vegan butter, chia seeds and so on. I'll also be including some blueberries in my diet regimen soon (anthocyanins are great stuff, powerful antioxidants!). I eat anywhere between 1300-1800 kcal per day.

You think you're elite, Kevin? Wait till you get a load of me early next year I'll be ripped and shredded like a motherfucker!

Edit:

Hmm, 46 kg raw fat seems a bit inaccurate, I mean we are around two thirds water, so the 44.4% fat percentage should be based on total body weight (37.8%), which should mean I have around 17 kg of raw fat. I'm not sure which is what though, I'll have to look up how this stuff is calculated.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2017-11-18 at 12:48.

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast