Race
    Mongoloid
    Phenotype
    Malaid
    Ethnicity
    FILIPINO
    GEDmatch
    LZ9441132

my siblings and I are Filipino with very minute percentages of S. Asian and European. I have 2 grandnieces and 1 grandnephew who are 1/4 Filipino but they don't show any Southeast/East Asian physically at all. All have med brown hair, one has very light Blue eyes, one Grey and the boy has dark Hazel Blue Grey eyes if that makes sense, very light skin. And I have met other 1/4 Asians and Filipinos who look mixed or very Asian. One Thai girl on youtube with the typical Thai features has 10% Scandinavian. So it depends on what the genetic gods give you.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    2018-07-26 @ 11:10
    Y-DNA
    R-L2 Italo-Celtic
    mtDNA
    H1a1
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic-ItaloCelt
    Ethnicity
    European
    Politics
    Economic Left
    Religion
    Catholic
    Sweden Italy Florence Italy Italy SPQR Italy Tuscany Sweden Tre Kronor

I wonder if North Scandinavian people and North russian with low east-Asian admixture have the typical "asian looking" traits because of the low admixture or of climate adoption.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-11-16 @ 05:39
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Lithuania Grand Duchy

There are attempts to model 3D facial shape using DNA. There are applications in forensic, if scientists can model face accurately.

Modeling 3D Facial Shape from DNA

Abstract

Human facial diversity is substantial, complex, and largely scientifically unexplained. We used spatially dense quasi-landmarks to measure face shape in population samples with mixed West African and European ancestry from three locations (United States, Brazil, and Cape Verde). Using bootstrapped response-based imputation modeling (BRIM), we uncover the relationships between facial variation and the effects of sex, genomic ancestry, and a subset of craniofacial candidate genes. The facial effects of these variables are summarized as response-based imputed predictor (RIP) variables, which are validated using self-reported sex, genomic ancestry, and observer-based facial ratings (femininity and proportional ancestry) and judgments (sex and population group). By jointly modeling sex, genomic ancestry, and genotype, the independent effects of particular alleles on facial features can be uncovered. Results on a set of 20 genes showing significant effects on facial features provide support for this approach as a novel means to identify genes affecting normal-range facial features and for approximating the appearance of a face from genetic markers

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetic...l.pgen.1004224
    Last edited by Rugevit; 2018-03-02 at 17:55.

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshifter View Post
    Phenotype ≠ Genotype
    Actually, phenotype is an expression of genotype, so autosomal DNA correlates to a great degree, with autosomal DNA. But the genotypes that code for various traits, be they eye color, nose shape and so on, are only a small, very tiny part of our autosomal DNA, so in some cases, especially mixed race children, the genotypes that code for typically white racial traits, may not always be inherited evenly in the mixed race offspring, so despite being 50/50, the child doesn't necessarily have to look evenly mixed (skin still being very dark, hair still being very nappy and so on).
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

KingKhalasi (2018-11-09), Mingle (2018-03-03), voyager (2018-03-02)

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Actually, phenotype is an expression of genotype, so autosomal DNA correlates to a great degree, with autosomal DNA. ....
    are you kidding us?

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by David Noi View Post
    are you kidding us?
    I just noticed I miswrote that sentence (wasn't paying attention I guess). Autosomal DNA correlates to a great degree with phenotype, and vice versa. The correlation isn't perfect though, and obviously there will be some race mixed individuals who look a lot more like one race and than the other even though they're 50/50, but in general, autosomal DNA does correlate significantly with phenotype. This is especially true of facial traits, such as nose shape, eye shape and so on. Pigmentation is a different story though, due to the recessive nature of lighter pigmentation.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

David Noi (2018-05-13)

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    @

Autosomal DNA correlates to a great degree with phenotype, and vice versa.

sounds much better. thanks!

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2018-10-06 @ 14:53
    Y-DNA
    A-V195
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Sudanid
    Politics
    Moderate
    Religion
    Non

So here's the thing with this... Autosomal results definitely correlate with phenotype but phenotype has variance even within a group. Plus the specification of the results of Autosomal results is nowhere near developed as it needs to be to correctly identify people yet..

I'll use two examples. First, Ancestry.com notorious "updates". Where they first say you are something, then say your even more of it then they thought before saying nevermind, you were never that at all. Your full blooded this. It did that to me and countless others who took their test some ten years ago. My overall build has remained similar but the country of origins switched from some Nigeria to no Nigeria, From Senegal to Mali, and from Some Benin and Bantu to HELLA Benin and Bantu.

Second example.. My trip to Africa. When I arrived in Senegal my first thought was that everyone was black. The airport had many distinct black faces and you can clearly tell who was NIgerian. Even Ghananian and Senegalese looked different when placed in small groups in tight proximity. But when I reached the city my mind was blown as to the diversity i saw in the people. Yes there was overwhelming common traits like brown skin but they had 6 different classifications for brown skin ranging from milk to coffee! And they were all present.Even stranger than that, I saw black people who looked just like me or my brother. Which was ridiculous because my Senegalese percentage was only 7% at the time (later it would adjust to 15 in neighboring Mali, not Senegal). Despite all the variance, the natives can somewhat tell that I wasn't one of them(mostly because I was fat) and thought i was Mande or Dioula returning home(lots of people from all neighboring countries live in Dakar).

My point is chance. Within the groups that comprise you there are thousands of possible phenotypes. Reality is that you closely resemble more than one for each of your matches and you exactly match one(the one you have).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:22
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    U5a
    Albania Union for the Mediterranean

I think it does, take for instance the Mediterranean people, they all share some sort of similar features as well as autosomal DNA.

I think we should look the bigger picture, not taking a simple example and making conclusions out of it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanun For This Useful Post:

voyager (2018-11-09)

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon1 View Post
    As far as I am concerned I believe 19th century etc... physical anthropological classifications are obsolete at best and pseudo-science at worst.
    take the Kyrkyz. Almost 60% of their DNA is western, partly very ancient typical european genes; however phenotypically they are the most east asian of all central asian turks. Thus genetics classifications are obsolete at best and pseudo-science at worst, whereas the old physical anthropological classifications placed them correctly at the most east asian side of all central asian turks.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to David Noi For This Useful Post:

alistair (2018-11-05)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast